It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher rattles table in class, student calls 911

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well is it California...

But if the other students didn't see a problem, wouldn't think it was too bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

You are right! But we don't know if this girl is of that type. For all we know she could have been one of those that happen to be a good student caught in a rare situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
911 is for emergencies ONLY. I highly doubt a teacher rattling a desk to gain students attention could be classified as such. Poor princess got a little startled?!? Give me a break. This student should get reprimanded for mischief. She should have a psychiatric evaluation. It boggles me how sheltered and clueless kids today really are. I was very close to becoming a teacher myself and to this day have ZERO regrets that I chose another path. The school boards and curriculums are a joke. This teacher was suspended? Great for him. Free vacation. But really, the nonsense that teachers are supposed to put up with is irritating.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For the life of me, I don't understand why students are not required to check their cell phones when they walk through the doors of the school. Talk about distractions in class! I know I made it through my entire grade school and college career without even owning or needing a cell phone.

Freaking spoiled, pampered brats!

P.S., the teacher was in the right...the student was in the wrong...detention is in order in my opinion, not a teacher suspension.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

It's almost (not quite) but almost impossible to enforce a no cell/electronics policy, though many school districts do have them in place. The district we're in, if a phone/electronic is seen in use, while in class, the teacher can confiscate it, but truthfully - it's such a huge waste of time to try to monitor AND also get some actual teaching done. Making teachers (in effect) parents/babysitters/police and monitors, not to mention over-crowding and budget restrictions, all take away from actual teaching. Some battles, ya just have to pick wisely. Sad, but true.
edit on 2-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Perhaps cell phone jamming devices are in order; although, that may be cost prohibitive. I know those things work well, as my wife had surgery a few weeks ago and the hospital had a "no cell phone" zone, in which, the signal was jammed. Despite my best efforts, I could not get a signal...even at the windows.

Nonetheless, even if it is time consuming to confiscate the cell phones, then detentions and suspensions could be handed down...that may curb the problem.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

It's also enabling the girl to NOT deal with her mistake.

She should have been paying attention.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Student should be fined for filing a false report and wasting valuable resources, and removed from the class- maybe even the school.

But I can see this happening: we need to pay more tax money to support police efforts in schools where the teachers are more disruptive than the students. We'll call it "Proposition 5150".

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie ManPerhaps cell phone jamming devices are in order; although, that may be cost prohibitive. I know those things work well, as my wife had surgery a few weeks ago and the hospital had a "no cell phone" zone, in which, the signal was jammed. Despite my best efforts, I could not get a signal...even at the windows.

Nonetheless, even if it is time consuming to confiscate the cell phones, then detentions and suspensions could be handed down...that may curb the problem.

Strictly speaking, actively jamming radio signals is illegal. However, passive blocking such as faraday cages and such are not.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Strictly speaking, actively jamming radio signals is illegal. However, passive blocking such as faraday cages and such are not.

You can apply for a jamming permit with the FCC. Just an FYI

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

That is true, but all the other students told the police, they were comfortable with the situation and the teacher was stable. Sucks how the teacher had to take a leave break for the police being called. Teachers are in such short supply and go through a lot already, and kids figuring out parents and teachers are powerless over them, causes real problems with the future of America, right?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
For the life of me, I don't understand why students are not required to check their cell phones when they walk through the doors of the school. Talk about distractions in class! I know I made it through my entire grade school and college career without even owning or needing a cell phone.

Freaking spoiled, pampered brats!

P.S., the teacher was in the right...the student was in the wrong...detention is in order in my opinion, not a teacher suspension.

I dont even own a phone now and never have, my life is much easier without one. Nobody whinging that i didnt answer, why was it on divert, annoying spam texts. There are still payphones about when im outside and need a phone and i have a landline at home...

Nobody really needs a mobile phone, maybe only for emergencies if you are miles from civilization (in which case your not likely to recieve a signal anyway)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Jon Carroll of the S.F. Chronicle (newspaper) coined the term "grandstanding self-righteousness" for this sort of idiocy. (The idiocy is on the student's part, let me hasten to add.)

It's getting worse, not better; and I think the architects of the NWO encourage it, to be honest. It fits their agenda, for whatever reason. I think it's to force minor authority into toeing the line (not "towing the line," by the way--look it up.) That is, to keep them terrorized into PC-ness, not only by their superiors, and students' parents, and their peers, but even by the kids themselves. Terrifies them into conformity; forces them to "get their minds right," to turn a phrase. Seems the NWO is not inclined to tolerate non-conformity.

And the thing is--I almost don't care anymore. I'm starting to think this country deserves what's coming. A lot of you look around and you think, hey--people are waking up. No. They're not. They're waking up to the things that affect them personally, yeh, OK. And they're raising some hell about those things; small-scale, selfish things. But not the big stuff. They're not interested in the big stuff. All-in-all, life is too good in this country. And it will continue to be--right up to the point that they all realize they've been enslaved while they were crapping around on their iPhones. It's already too late: the deed is already done.

Damn I'm depressed....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
what happened to punishing people for unnecessarily calling 911? they should have arrested the girl...wish i had thought of that when i was in school with a teacher i hated...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ahh, the joys of pushing a narc-on-your-"neighbor" society here in the U.S.

Make someone nervous, or make them feel threatened, and there will be calls made.

The teacher should be glad it was only the cops, and not DHS that was contacted.

I notice no name is given; anyone taking bets on whether the teacher is of middle eastern descent?

I suppose with the ratcheting up of rhetoric vs. China, and North Korea, Asian descent also seems like a probable possibility...
edit on 3/3/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
back in the early 80's when i was in high school we had a teacher which some of us nicknamed Thor.

when the class was at the height of boisterousness he'd pick up this 5lb iron mallet with a 6" handle and hurl it against a wall.

to bad we didn't have cell phones back then

student should be investigated, but probably won't.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

lol. That is awesome… Thor. Ha

We had a bus driver that would slam on his brakes if you stood up.

But then again, when I was in school, each teacher and bus driver had a paddle, and used it when necessary.

This girl needs a swift kick in the ass.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
If it was her own table that the teacher rattled, then whoever the parents of this girl are should be proud. I know I would take her to see a nice movie with XL popcorn along with some friends as a reward. I bet he won't mess with her again. LOL

He probably already banned cell phones from his class..lol, though I agree with you.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join