It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Of course the British like to bait Americans; we broke off from them and created a freer society. Americans are free, resourceful and tough as nails. As if Hong Kong doesn't have Mc Donald's. I'm sure if you lived here you could appreciate our freedom. Maybe you couldn't, I don't know but I sure as heck would rather be here with all our faults. In my experience, those that rail against Americans are just a little bit jealous.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Of course the British like to bait Americans; we broke off from them and created a freer society. Americans are free, resourceful and tough as nails. As if Hong Kong doesn't have Mc Donald's. I'm sure if you lived here you could appreciate our freedom. Maybe you couldn't, I don't know but I sure as heck would rather be here with all our faults. In my experience, those that rail against Americans are just a little bit jealous.

1. Freer society... No such thing!
2. Americans tough as nails..! I was in New York in 2005 when the Hudson park freeway collapsed and stood there on Riverside Drive while the tough as nail Americans you refer to fled in utter terror... Sorry-tough as nails!? Nah...
3. Jealous of Americans? Whats there to be jealous of? Your obesity problem? Your debt now controlled by the Chinese? Your inabilty to go more than a few hours without gathering on street corners and chanting, USA-USA? Your schools which teach you lies?

I love America and Americans and as far as I'm concerned you are treated just as badly by your government as anyone else on this planet. The problem is that a fair percentage of Americans don't realise it... If we stopped picking faults with one another, while also stopping trying to build up our countries out of all proportion and refusing to see the negatives, then we would all be far better off.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

You just made my point. You don't know me yet you rail against me. I'm certainly not obese and oh, I'm sure there are no overweight people anyplace else in this world. Yep, I'm tough as nails as are many of us, heck we're armed to the teeth, but wait, that's most likely a freedom you don't have. I can go in my backyard and hunt my dinner, skin it, clean it and eat it. I can go fishing, summer and ice fishing, and eat walleye. I can target practice off my deck and shoot my mini-14 or my 357 Magnum and others, simply for the pleasure of it. Heck, I can even plant a garden and can all my food. Oops, oh no I'm not eating at McDonald's. Stop being a hater already, I wanna see you come up here and live off the land and cut your own firewood for winter and plow your way out of the snow and ice and kill and eat your own food. Where the heck do you live?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

No, you don't love America, not by your words. I don't hate people from other countries; I see people as people so why, why do you hate me? I'm one person in this world born to this time doing the best I can and everywhere I turn there are people hating me because of my geographical location. Stay the heck away then if we're so dang bad.
edit on 11-3-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You just made my point. You don't know me yet you rail against me. I'm certainly not obese and oh, I'm sure there are no overweight people anyplace else in this world. Yep, I'm tough as nails as are many of us, heck we're armed to the teeth, but wait, that's most likely a freedom you don't have. I can go in my backyard and hunt my dinner, skin it, clean it and eat it. I can go fishing, summer and ice fishing, and eat walleye. I can target practice off my deck and shoot my mini-14 or my 357 Magnum and others, simply for the pleasure of it. Heck, I can even plant a garden and can all my food. Oops, oh no I'm not eating at McDonald's. Stop being a hater already, I wanna see you come up here and live off the land and cut your own firewood for winter and plow your way out of the snow and ice and kill and eat your own food. Where the heck do you live?

You misunderstand. I'm not being a "hater", whatever that is. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't matter what country you come from, you are not now or ever truly free. Irish, British, Canadians, French, where ever, can do all you say you can do but what does that prove? You say you want me to live off the land, cut my own wood (saucy!), plough my way out of the snow... I don't have to as my country supplies me with a quality of living which means I never have to do such menial tasks.. Does that make me better than you? Of course not but equally, because you hold such things close to your heart and deem them to be proof of your freedom, does not mean they apply to everyone?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner

You misunderstand. I'm not being a "hater", whatever that is. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't matter what country you come from, you are not now or ever truly free. Irish, British, Canadians, French, where ever, can do all you say you can do but what does that prove? You say you want me to live off the land, cut my own wood (saucy!), plough my way out of the snow... I don't have to as my country supplies me with a quality of living which means I never have to do such menial tasks.. Does that make me better than you? Of course not but equally, because you hold such things close to your heart and deem them to be proof of your freedom, does not mean they apply to everyone?

I could care less how you live your life. Apparently, your country supplies you with all you need. I don't want my country to "supply" me with what I want or need. I want to do it for myself and that is what many Americans want and have is freedom to choose to live the way we want. I don't live my life the way I do to gain freedom, I already have it, don't you see the difference? Your words spoke volumes to me; you disrespected me because I said Americans are tough as nails and you gave an example of a bridge collapsing and people's responses to that. Of course, people are going to react to catastrophe and be in shock...for a few minutes. But don't forget the heroism of people who dive in to help those in need. In Minneapolis we had our I-35 bridge collapse and there were many people who risked their own lives to help strangers, people they never met, they cast aside their own safety to save others. And you know what? I wouldn't think twice about doing the same thing. That's where being tough as nails comes in. I don't need anyone "deem" me free. I'm free in spirit and mind. Things may not be perfect and I'm not wholly satisfied with my government but I still have free will and no one can take that away. And why don't you state where you live? Are you embarrassed, would it be fair to say you're from another country, one that dislikes Americans?
edit on 11-3-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Sorry but I never mentioned a bridge!
If putting words in my mouth which I never said is your idea of a constructive debate I think we can call a halt to this now- don't you!? Apparently, my country, as corrupt and hated as it is, looks after its people who are not free and yours doesn't look after you but you are free! Were you in your high schools debating society by any chance!?
Again, where did I mention a bridge?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

. Americans tough as nails..! I was in New York in 2005 when the Hudson park freeway collapsed and stood there on Riverside Drive while the tough as nail Americans you refer to fled in utter terror...

A freeway collapsed...I apologize for my lack of knowledge of that incident. I'm sure there were some that didn't flee in terror and may have actually helped. I've been to New York one time and visited Manhatten but it was several years ago. A freeway collapsed, a bridge collapsed; similar in tragedy. I'm so tired of people hating us Americans and they don't understand that we are regular people, too. I'm to the point of not even trying to stand up for myself. Have you read the threads on here recently? It doesn't feel real good.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

So, what country are you from and why do you think I'll hate it? I don't judge people like that. We are all in this together.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So, what country are you from and why do you think I'll hate it? I don't judge people like that. We are all in this together.

Okay, I get how you misunderstood what I was saying and thought the Hudson Park freeway was a bridge. What actually happened was a massive stone blocked wall some 60 to 80 feet high collapsed onto the road below. Me and taxi driver dug out a few drivers and their cars but no one was hurt except for the cleaner mopping the floors in the Waldorf Astoria who didnt appreciate my muddy footprints on his pristine floor!. And I'm afraid New Yorkers did flee in all directions but maybe thats understandable considering 9/11.
And I'm from the UK. WE are no better than America, maybe even worse. I've always thought of us as the guy who eggs on the bully to beat up those who can't protect themselves. I hate what we've become and I hate the hand on the heart national anthem, god save the queen, brigade who can't see the wood for the trees. In that respect I am what you accussed me of being earlier- a hater.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well, I would hate the whole, God Save the Queen, too. They are not too relevant these days but I have to say Americans are sure eating up Will and what's her name wedding. I did like Diana and I wish she were here for her son's wedding. That was so sad, those boys losing their beautiful mother. See, it doesn't matter if you're from royalty or not, we are all basically the same, with the same hopes and dreams for our kids. It's really all about them after all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You said you were fed up with people hating America and its people... Its not Americans I hate or Brits, French, or whatever, just the mindless people who believe everything their government tells them. Those who chant USA-USA when they should be asking questions of their leaders. Those who sing God Save The Queen without realising that the royals are ripping this country off for millions of pounds. YOU said it yourself my friend, in a world circling the pan people still sit in front of their televisions and get all pie eyed about Kate and Wills... I despair about the human condition...I really do.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yep, I hear what you're saying. I too have come to realize that what I believed in isn't necessarily the way it is. If you watch network news, like Good Morning America or the Today Show, you would be disappointed. It's not news, it's like watching Entertainment Tonight or some such nonsense. Yes, Will and Kate's wedding will be a big distraction but it's not anything to do with us. Who cares who designed her dress? I would like my news to report on American news without bias, but I realize that isn't the case. I don't watch much network TV, I typically watch CNN but if I want real news, I come to ATS.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, so i hope I'm not repeating ...but it's expensive to go to europe, for one thing. Just the plane tickets alone are a fortune! And not to mention the time involved. Of course I would love to visit europe!!! But I have to ask myself - have I visited my own country yet? No I haven't. i've never been to niagara Falls , or LA or NY. I have a lot to do on this side of the pond first,

Also - after watching all the civil unrest in other countries, frankly I wouldn't want to get caught in a revolution of a foreign country.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by liveyourlife

I too would love to go explore Europe and Ireland and Greece and all sorts of places but I don't think the timing is right for that. It bothers me greatly to know that I as an American am really not welcomed. I resent anyone who dislikes me based on the fact that I am American. I don't fear you so why do you fear me? No one has the right to make me feel afraid.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Not intending to offend or cause argument but so far I've seen a lot of people on here going on about hunting for their own food.. quite easy when you have a gun.. but what I want to know is if TSHTF and when the ammo runs out.. and it will.. how do you propose to hunt then? Do you have the skills to trap or build hunting weapons or are you basing your ability to survive on an inanimate object? Do you know what in your wilderness is safe to eat? I'm guessing 99% of America doesn't, not that 99% of the UK does but I'm not the one bleating about how good at hunting we are..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

There are other alternatives to hunting with rifles such as snares, traps, using a hunting dog (if they're still around). Bow and arrows are a good alternative and no, I have not mastered that skill but I have used them and my husband has it mastered. Fishing is a good alternative as well as spearing. Knowing what the land around you grows that is safe for human consumption is another good skill to have, and I think for the most part people are learned in that skill from growing up in an enviornment that thy have lived in and hopefully have spent time outdoors in and have gained some skills.

You are absolutely correct in that ammo will eventually run out. Now's the time to hone your skills and read and learn.
edit on 16-3-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by liveyourlife

I too would love to go explore Europe and Ireland and Greece and all sorts of places but I don't think the timing is right for that. It bothers me greatly to know that I as an American am really not welcomed. I resent anyone who dislikes me based on the fact that I am American. I don't fear you so why do you fear me? No one has the right to make me feel afraid.

Us Brits get the same response from foreigners. Our governments have caused such havoc in the world that now just being American or British makes you a target for terrorism or anyone wanting to make a name for themselves. beleieve me when I say this, I've been to most of the countries of Europe and the only ones worth visiting are Ireland and Holland. The others are pretty much the same with a different language. Thats why I holiday in Vegas and New York. They are vastly different, and, without wishing to be insulting, so over the top and extavagant, from anything we have anywhere in Europe.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'm not insulted. I have not been to Vegas but know enough about it to know that it's the ultimate escape. A little escape and debauchery is needed sometimes to blow off steam. I think I would go to Ireland, I would like to see the land of some of my ancestors; my grandpa was half Irish and he was a Quinn. I used to be so naive about the world 'till I came on ATS and learned about other people's perspectives of America. I like to think we're all humans...now that's probably naive.

edit on 16-3-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

well, really what did the us do? join 3 years late.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join