It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15

I don't think I know everything, I think America is the anal cavity of the world. A Capitalist hell hole void of anything that represents humanity. Nothing but a nation of religious bigots and greedy war mongers.

Dont blamewhen some non americans say these things... blame your government and corporate establishment media...because that is exactly what is mostly printed and/or aired nationally and internationally, which is then reflected by a majority of americans online or could be the loud minority online (I like to think its the loud minority)

It's not allowed minority. Religious bigots are the majority. Pro-War sentiment and support for US imperialism is the majority view.

Our media is Pro-American. To suggest people in Europe are anti-American because of anti-American media is profound. I've yet to see a MSM network here that wasn't in support of the American agenda.

The reality is people feel this way INSPITE of the pro-American propoganda they've fed since birth. Which is all the more telling. That despite the massive propoganda campaign and indoctrination, people still are repulsed by American ideologies.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by V3isM3
So many excuses for not travelling...

"Can't afford it." - Check out the NZ dollar... it's always been valued way below the USD, and yet kiwis can be found travelling & exploring practically everywhere from the Shreveport to Santiago (esp).

Well if everything is super expensive in NZ, it feels great when you go outside your country and realize you've budgeted/saved more than you needed. America has the opposite problem. Americans can be found around the world too, and in far greater numbers than kiwi's, its just as a % of the population who go abroad, NZ has the USA beat. Also, how many Americans would you say travel to NZ every year? 10,000? 100,000? Either way, WTF are you talking about if your NZ itself is full of American tourists?

"America is so big & diverse, we have everything here." - What about Australia? 80% the size of the USA, with tropics, ski fields, deserts and all the rest... yet practically every city in the world has a bar with an aussie or two working behind it.

Correct sir. How many countries around the world offer Americans temporary work visas? Americans cannot get work visas for Australia - this is a fact, I am not sure about NZ but it's probably the same. Americans can be found working around the world in large numbers, albeit in espionage, education and oil and consumer product companies, not bars.

"People in other countries hate Americans." - Why is that? Could it be because most Americans support the foreign policies of their government, without a clue as to how those policies affect people around the world.

Incorrect sir, your stereotyping and generalizations are offensive to me. I, and greater than 50% of my people did not vote for GWB originally, then, in the 2004 election, TPB bought Ohio to keep him in power. Tell me, how is this my fault when everyone I vote for works for the same party? Most of us are fully aware of how those policies affect others, how can we forget with you screaming it at us at every opportunity? Why do you think there are so many Americans on abovetopsecret?

"it's too dangerous overseas." - In 10 years travelling in 20+ countries, the only place I ever had problems was in the USA. Robbed three times on three different trips! Gun-point, knife-point & by a team of con-artists.

America is full of criminals, it's true. Everyone, from big cities to towns in the rural south, knows that muggings happen. But, I'd much rather be mugged by someone who speaks english so I can at least plead for my life and clearly tell them that I'll give them whatever they want.

"Why travel when we have everything here?" - Ummm... To experience other cultures!

Go to New York or Philadelphia or any other major American city and you'll see that experiencing other cultures is a routine of daily existence.

But seriously... It is quite normal for young people from Australasia & parts of Europe to take a year or two to travel and experience different cultures after finishing high school ,& before either going to uni or getting a job, Americans are not bought up that way. They generally don't get a chance to catch the travel bug.

Most Americans do not have the money to do this, it is not part of our culture to have our parents fund our traveling for one or two years. Americans generally leave home at age 18 to go to university and most never look back. The vast majority of us don't live at home with our parents until we're 30 like the vast majority of kiwis do.

My experience has been that Americans place a much greater value on a formal (higher) education, than on experiencing different cultures... "Without a uni degree, getting a good job will be tough". I don't think this applies, to the same degree at least, outside the USA.

Most American universities take great pride in their study abroad programs. It is a major drawing card for a lot of students, and participation among students is very high. Again, most of us don't have our parents wallets at our disposal and can only justify spending vast quantities of money on extended travel if there is a tangible benefit resulting from it (i.e. college credits).

Also, not being part of the Commonwealth, Americans don't have the same opportunities to work & live in Commonwealth countries like young people from OZ, NZ, SA, UK, Canada etc.

Hit the nail on the head with this one. No argument here. We're actually proud of this fact.

I travelled in Europe for a couple of months with two American girls from Chicago. They had a great time and were welcomed everywhere... why? Because the locals & other travellers admired them for being there ( i believe they were the only 2 Americans in our group of approx 800 ) and the fact that they were open to experiencing the local culture. Also, the fact that they weren't shouting "USA USA USA" every 5 minutes helped alot.

So what you are suggesting is that we change this by having the nations of the world inundated with Americans shouting USA USA USA every five minutes? Does it not make sense to you that they didn't shout USA, USA while being surrounded by 798 foreigners? It is entirely beside the point and I don't know what you're getting at with this example.

One thing people of the world must learn is that most Americans despise politics because it doesn't mean anything to us. Nothing we do or vote for or petition for ever happens, so everyone ends up pissed off about it, yet this is all Europeans and Antipodeans want to talk about with us. We are not politicians, in fact, if you catch us abroad, chances are we don't want anything to do with American politics. But there you go, poking, barbing, labeling, asking us to explain ourselves like we all work for the State Department, like we directly had a hand in planning the Shock and Awe campaign. Get over yourselves, you're not Gerhard Schroeder, you're not Ban Ki Moon or Jacques Chirac, you're not Jintao Hu or Osama Bin Laden. We even voted for a barely qualified black guy because the world wanted us to, and now you're stabbing us in the back!

This year I myself am looking forward to 8 weeks paid + 2 weeks unpaid vacation in NZ for the RWC. I have friends from Spain coming, and also expect to bump into some pommies, kiwis & yarpies from my younger travelling days. I may even try and sneak a quick trip to Easter Island while I'm away.

That's very nice. Lucky to be you. I have two weeks paid vacation and I will be spending a week sailing in the Caribbean, a few days in Canada and a few days in Mexico city. Not so different, you and I. The main difference I see is that you somehow get eight weeks paid vacation which is basically unheard of in the USA.

It's not All good though... In 1999 I decided that I will never return to the USA, even though I have family there... I just didn't like what the country was becoming. Thankfully I was able to visit New Orleans a few times in the 90s. That is the one place I will truly miss.

Regardless of your elitism, you are welcome back any time.
edit on 3-4-2011 by insite because: wanted to beef it u a little.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

"The reason America is getting dumbed down is all the trash they allow to come in from all the countries around the world who are doing nothing but trying to milk this land dry. " quote.

What a weird thing for an American to say considering that's how your great country began!
Maybe the thing thats wrong with America is Americans not thinking before they spout nonsense!?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

No offense, but I think it's a bit illogical to say that Europeans are closer to other places than the US. It's not that hard for us to see all sorts of interesting places all points south from the US. These are travel times to which, with modern flight, Europeans have a rather negligible addition of 4 or 5 hours. I mean, what's 4 or 5 hours compared to a week or ten days in some location? Europeans are closer to Turkey. The US is closer to Guatemala. Europe is closer to South Africa. The US is closer to Chile.

Making this statement that they are closer to the non-US stuff that there is to see implies that European culture is all there is if you're going to bother to travel outside the US. Anything outside of the US over on this side is not interesting or important; it's not worth the trouble.

I think this is a mainstream impression - one where an American can only have Capital C Culture if he goes to Europe - and then specifically the centers of Capital C Culture, like Paris, Rome, London or Berlin... I think this is a bit of Western Ethnocentrism. On the other hand, lowercase c culture can be experienced in Timbuktu, Easter Island, or some random village in Laos. You don't need to stroll down the Champs Elysee or walk up the Spanish Steps to get a new perspective or feel like you've really lived.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is why I do not subscribe to nationalism of any sort. I feel neither pride nor shame about living in the land designated as the united states simply because I have a lot better things to think about other than whose flag has the least blood and Sh*t stains on it. The things that make a lot of these nations wonderful places to visit have a universal appeal that transcends the egos of residents. Castles and monuments that stand the test of time, beautiful landscapes, breathtaking scenery....I dont care who lives there...people often ruin the beauty of places both at home and abroad by leaking their negativity and personal bias out into the air. There are people who now see America as new Sodom....but c'mon. No place is without its issues and history certainly does tell tales. Being an American or any other nationality is a lot like having a family. Sure...there are those within you would rather not talk about....those who owe you money...who you avoid talking to because you know they will say something stupid, but there are also those who shine because they can advance past mere surroundings and become incredible people. Those who would give you the shirt off their back and help you if you need it. Theres good and theres bad everywhere and as long as we quibble about something so trivial as who is better and why...the Galactic Federation will continue to dodge our calls.

I say that last part with tongue in cheek

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You're an exception!
RARE one!

So what exactly has Romania contributed to the modern world aside from toothless, illiterate gypsies and squalid poverty?

See what happens when we generalize?

WELL, do your search IF YOU DON'T KNOW EVEN THAT...
I am not going to mention anyone of the bright romanian scientists, inventors , doctors , although some say that even NIKOLA TESLA was actually a romanian (Nicolae Teslea > Tesla in romanian means a tool , so considering the name is HIGHLY PROBABLE of romanian origins... PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR THE ROMANIANS ! here's a link for a TESLA tool www.depozit-online.ro... ) .
Gipsies are not a part of the romanian people!
They just invaded this country as the tatars did!
Also do your homeworks in the "history department " before saying anything about romanians!
Americans are as the title says it!
Well , at least 99% ...
That's why the USA has such bad name in the world!
Because YOUR SATANIC "LEADERS" / CRIMINALS just used you , the american people , all along , gave you all you wanted just so they can do whatever they whant with the world considering the military power and budgets that are ACTUALLY PAID BY THE AMERICAN CITIZENS !
Yes , you americans, every citizen of you , PAYS FOR THE WARS THAT USA IS HAVING ALL OTHER THIS TRASHED UP WORLD!
Without all of you the world would be A LOT BETTER PLACE!
Believe me!
USA= SATAN itself!

edit on 3-3-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

Hahaha, and I thought Americans were supposed to be bad at irony

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

When I was in 4th grade, my "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" paper got posted by the teacher. I wrote about going camping with my family, going fishing and slipping falling into a famous waterway a thousand miles from home. One classmate called me a liar, because he could not believe that my family traveled that far. Talking with him, I found out that even though he lived a half mile from school, he had never been more than a mile away from home. Poor kid (and I don't mean financially).

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm an American.
I've travelled all over this country and lived all over it.
Driven it......not flown around it......
And i've hiked all around it, biked all around it and hung out......
And quite frankly I'm bored with it.
And I'm revolted with the #1 thing on every Americans mind: How to make more money.......
It all seems the same after awhile......and the parts that aren't the same I don't really care for anymore (rednecks, ignorance, bible thumpers, wannabe gangbangers).......
Fortunately the passport arrived and the question is where to go first?
I want out of this insane assylum!!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I thought long and hard before I spouted this just for all you Amercia haters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17a5c1d501f3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Last week I had a verbal altercation with a man from Britain who had a bit to say about us Americans, specifically .. our lack of travel. Or International travel I should say. When asked why I've never been to Europe, I replied ... what would I see that's so different? I've always wanted to go, just for the history mostly .. but for the average person who gets a week or two a year to travel with their family, we have everything we could possibly want right here in America. And while we won't get the cultural immersion of visiting Europe or Asia, traveling with a family especially, where vacationing is more for the kids ... I simply can't see what's wrong with staying in America?

Of all the Post-Industrial nations in the World, America by far has fewer passport holders than anyone else. And when I say by far... I mean, by far! Roughly 18% of Americans have a passport, and that only increased because of the requirement for Americans to get back from Canada and Mexico, you must have a passport.

Great Britain has the highest percentage of Passport holders at 82% .. and Europeans have the highest percentage of international travelers..

I hear it all the time, American's don't travel over seas because they fear unknown cultures and believe they are the center of the universe. But I have to ask, how accurate is that? Vacations are a staple of the American life.. we just tend to stay within our borders. Yet most vacations are across state lines, and our states average larger than the territorial size of say.. European countries.

In Europe if you grow up in Britain, you can see the Alps, the sunny South of France, the dry deserts of Spain or the forests of Germany.. you cross International boundaries to get to those destinations, you see different cultures and people speak different languages.

I grew up in Ohio, flat land and nothing much to see. Every year we went somewhere different for vacation .. it may have been the coast of South Carolina, Pennsylvania, the Great Lakes, Florida, and so on.
In America, I can go to the West Coast and camp in North America's only temperate rain forest.. or visit the tropical islands of Hawaii, the big city of New York, or the white sand beaches of Florida. I can ski the Rocky Mountains and fish the lakes of Minnesota, or see the Grand Canyon, the history of Natives in Arizona or founding locations of our union in Pennsylvania and DC.

If I were to visit one place every year for the rest of my life, I wouldn't see everything I want to see .... just in my own country. Our states all have their own character, ways of life, accents, geography and history. I might not be able to experience sitting in a French cafe, or see 2000 year old ruins in Italy, or be immersed by a population speaking another language.. but I can still visit a new place every time I travel, see new scenery, try new foods not common in my state, or visit the different cultures of bustling New York, to the laid back drawl of southern Tennessee.

I agree Americans SHOULD travel more.. but I think considering Americans to be in some way inferior to other populations because of our traveling habits to be a bit rash .. I don't think we are nearly as narcissistic as the World thinks, we are just blessed to have everything we could ask for within our own borders.

Please do not take this as a personal attack against you... it is meant to be extreme and taken with a grain of salt. This is meant to be a generalization and, as such, will not pertain to everyone. My dad is an American citizen in the continental USA and he has turned into exactly the conformist prick I will outline for you. That said... let the rant begin:

I think you have completely missed the point of why Americans are stupid, lazy and ignorant (that's not to say that the English are not the same, mind you, because they are a mirror image of Americans). Your writing says it all... I think case closed. However, allow me to vent as this is a heated topic for me because I KNOW (not think i know) all about this issue. Having been to 40+ states, as well as 6 provinces, England, France, Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Sweden, Luxembourg, Austria, Croatia (probably missing a few), I can tell you that you have no idea what you are missing... you are not cultured, hence cannot fathom the beauty of it all. I don't blame you because you've never been. What I do blame you for is being completely ignorant, passive, conformative and docile in the way you feel about your government and current state of your country. There are still Americans who DEFEND THE US GOVERNMENT????? WTF??? How, are you people even human? Have you forgotten how to fight for your freedom? Have you forgotten all logic, compassion and everything that it means to be human? I cannot fathom.

You are so ignorant... you SHOULD be afraid. Don't ever leave America's boarders or the big bad terrorists are going to blow up bombs everywhere you step... that's how much they hate you. It's true, I swear on America. The problem is YOU ARE THE ONLY F*****G TERRORISTS! Keep drinking your flouride, living in fallout, taking 'stoopidity' drugs, eating tainted meat and GE crops... they sure are making you smarter. There is a reason you don't leave the country... you have been conditioned not to. Why the hell do you think trillions of dollars in black-ops operations have been flooded into the field of psychological warfare? They are using that warfare against you. They don't want you to leave or you might (gasp) have some sort of revelation, get a taste of freedom, and NEVER COME BACK to that god-forsaken place. Don't worry, they will be chipping you soon enough anyways so that the stray sheep never stray, and they can find their way right back into the hands of the shepperd who will ultimately slaughter them.

Americans being inferior in intellect has nothing to do with you not traveling... but everything to do with the way you have been manipulated to have the mentality that you so strongly hold right now. Not to mention all the # they put in your water (hint hint British) and food. The sad thing is that you probably think it is logical. You do not see what is right in front of your eyes... let alone grasp a concept foreign to you. If you want to travel and not be affraid... just slap a Canadian flag on your frekin' backpack... problem solved.

I'm sorry... this thread is a touchy subject for me. I hate stupid people because of the pain and mysery they make some of us live in. If everyone knew their #, this world would be a much better place and maybe we could all make some changes. (Yes, I am delusional in thinking that the world is #ed up and in a sad state of afairs and that America has a huge part to play in it). I cannot believe how pasisonate I am about hating stupid Americans. I did not feel this way as a kid... in fact, I was awe-struck the first time I went to NYC when i was around 10 years old by the 'concrete jungle' because it was new to me. The more I went back there, i realized what a cess pool that place is and I can't stand it there anymore. The only intelligent, free people I have ever met in NYC were the homeless ones. Yes I talked to them! OMG guess what... they have an opinion and are actually much smarter than the general public because they are currious and not brainwashed... they don't watch fearmongering propaganda tv 24/7. They talk amongst themselves (believe me they have much time for talk and philosophy) and pass down knowledge first-hand from person to person... un-manipulated. Maybe this practice should be brought back? Just a though.

Why don't you grow up, read a book (an educational one based on facts) once in a while. Learn something. Teach yourself something new. Explore the world to gain perspective. It is all about PERSPECTIVE... how can you understand anything or hope to figure anything out, regarding truth, if you don't know your ass from a hat? Expand your horrizons. You Americans piss me off with how you treat other people, religions or just points of view that do not conform with your own. Canada is turning into the same asshole now because we have our big-brother always rubbing his nose in our affairs. You wanna know why the rest of the world hates you? Because you have military bases all over the #ing place when you should really mind your own damned business. We don't want your military culture. We want peace and freedom.. and as long as American (Roman) empire is alive and kicking, that will never happen. Down with DC, Down with Vatican and London can go to hell too. The (un)holy trinity... alive and well... IN MY WORLD!

Now go take your vaccines. They are bound to get them right eventually and wipe your kind of scum of the face of the earth. Maybe then we can make some actual progress. The one intelligent politician you have, no-one listens to... go figure. I'm talking about Ron Paul.. but of course you have no idea who that is... why would you. He is not 'mainstream', therefore, must be a no-body. American politics don't concern the American public because they are too complicated for the simple-minded.

Funny how 'foreigners' run your country, understand your politics, make your laws, medicines and policies. Foreigners are what made America and foreigners are the only ones that are running it now, and who can save it in the future... yet most of you have some sort of problem with immigration or these 'wetbacks' you speak of. You disgust me OP. You and all the other ignorant posters defending America when you should be rioting in the streets demanding change and stopping oppression. You are far too docile to do anything about it... it is like that for a reason. They have made it so.

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.
" -FDR

I am sorry for my verbal abuse and ravings... I feel truly hypocritical. Enough is enough though... its just not getting through. We want our world back! We want Islam/Jews and Christians to get along once again, like they have in the past. Do onto others as you would have done onto yourself. Free the people from the oppressive chains of vanity, insanity, fear, capitalizm and all other oppressions forced upon it's own people. Stand up and fight like a man and don't just lay down and take it in the ASS like a little bitch and we might start taking this America you speak of seriously once more some day.

/end rant

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The reasons are myriad yet so simple.

Americans minds by and large are run by the greatest brainwashing device ever invented, the TV.
And this TV tells them what to think about......not what to THINK......what to think ABOUT.
This and an endless barrage of advertising and programming at every level guides their thinking in most ways.
Career, money, kids, cars, houses, cellphones, more cars, insurance, investing, Beer, drugs and pills of every sort, fast and unhealthy foods, restaurants that specialize in heavy duty meals, boobs, car chases, guns, video games, explosions, more boobs, reality tv, gameshows, more Pharmaceuticals, etc.....etc......etc......

They are generally completely removed from the natural and spiritual environment.
Discussions often revolve around mindless contemporary blather or "business" and dreams but rarely on ideas or philosophy........
They are poisoned at ever turn if not careful.........water (being a big one), food, chemicals
Surrounded by chemicals in every product, fluoride in their water, poisons in their foods, chemtrails over their heads, frequencies of every sort perforating their bodies and minds 24/7............
Polluted of body
Polluted of spirit
Incurious of the world

"Hoping" that a better tomorrow emerges

Americans have become well fed and happily compliant lab mice blindly running on their wheels for the international banksters....

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If Europe would be one nation, people would have little incentive to travel abroad. Considering the size of the US, I perfectly understand you have less reason for traveling abroad. Although I understand it, I am not saying people shouldn't do so. The fact that many people living outside the US see Americans in the way you describe them in the topic title is partly caused by not traveling as you see everything through one pair of optics and one pair only, namely: American optics. Therefore, many Americans have no clue at all about what's really going on in the world and why the world does not seem to understand/like them. Experiencing cultures other than the American would widen your horizon and see things from another perspective.

For me that's the reason I would like to work in the US for a year. I've never been there, but I would like to get a grasp of American culture.

Originally posted by FarArcher
Europe is so . . . old. Kind of dirty. Used up. Crowded.

Narrow streets. While there are some old castles and things falling apart and are picturesque, there's not much in Europe that we don't have a lot more of right here in the States.

Besides. Every generation, through our military, we get to see all kinds of places.

Come to think of it - without the US, there would not be a Europe, but a Greater Germany.

Nah.

I'll pass.

Without Europe there would not be a US in the first place. You are the perfect example of the person described in the topic title: narcissistic, clueless, disrespectful and arrogant and the reason why Americans have a bad reputation.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'll have to agree with the posters on this thread regarding travel costs and vacation times. The costs are getting higher by the day. It matters not if one works in the Corporate or Government sector. 2 weeks vacation is the standard. Obtaining longer vacation time requires decades of employment at the the same job. For example, my mother has been a nurse at a hospital for nearly 40 years. Last year she received a 4 week paid vacation. It seems like most Americans get an extra half week of vacation per decade and that is only if they manage to hold down that specific job.

I am an American and I can agree the terms that are the title of this thread are true for a good portion of us. I meet many people in South Florida and most of these people have no concern about the outside world. The only thing that matters to these folks are their favorite sports teams, American Idol, TV programming, social networking sites and perhaps the local news. Of course there are exceptions but in my experience, this is the norm. Sadly, this type of attitude has been bred into the majority(ie. Not Rich) of Americans through the Corporate and Government employment system. Both sectors care only about the bottom line and keep us that way through long working hours and Americanized propaganda(take your pick among media, entertainment, political crap, ETC). The decline of standards in our public school systems is disgusting. It is very hard to find critical thinking and questioning curiosity in the public schools of this age. Standardized testing is pretty much rule of law in public schooling. The accumulation of debt for higher education puts the less better off into a debt cycle that rarely allows for rewarding vacations.

On a happier note:

If a country is governed wisely,
its inhabitants will be content.
They enjoy the labor of their hands
and don't waste time inventing
labor-saving machines.
Since they dearly love their homes,
they aren't interested in travel.
There may be a few wagons and boats,
but these don't go anywhere.
There may be an arsenal of weapons,
but nobody ever uses them.
People enjoy their food,
take pleasure in being with their families,
spend weekends working in their gardens,
delight in the doings of the neighborhood.
And even though the next country is so close
that people can hear its roosters crowing and its dogs barking,
they are content to die of old age
without ever having gone to see it.

Tao Te Ching, verse 80. From a translation by S. Mitchell

Now, disregarding the lines that refer to wise government and non-use of it's arsenal, I take this passage to heart.

I enjoy learning about other cultures and have a passion for history. I enjoy even more meeting people from cultures that I am unaware or have only read about. I have traveled inside the USA a few times and have never been outside of the country but, I am content. I would enjoy very much seeing other parts of the world but it is not a desire.

I am happiest when I am with my family and friends. My home is my haven; my friends and family the best part of my life. I take pleasure in my community and take part in it when I can. To me, this is peace. I guess I am a simple man.

This is just my humble outlook on the matter of travel. I can understand how others would like or want more in this regard. Humankind is amazing and diversity is what makes us so. Unnatural control from governments and other interests is what creates the negativity.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I thought long and hard before I spouted this just for all you Amercia haters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17a5c1d501f3.jpg[/atsimg]

I hope you don't mind me saying this but your reply is simply pathetic, contemptible and infantile..
Some stupid American lets his coountry down by saying something stupid and you defend him by posting the picture of a flag!!!! Why not defend him by posting the picture of a hankercheif? A picture of washing on a washing line? All you are doing by posting the silly picture of the stars and stripes is reconfirming everything that is wrong with Americans. With all the # that is going on in the world, most of which America stands knee deep in, they get away with it because they chant, USA-USA, and you all fall into line, or they show you the flag flapping in the breeze and you all put your hand on your heart and pledge allegiance to the flag...
By daring to post this reply on a sensible thread all you have done is reconfirm everything that is wrong with todays America. Shame on you for letting your side down.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

canadian

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
CholmondleyWarner[/url]

I hope you don't mind me saying this but your reply is simply pathetic, contemptible and infantile..

Of course I don't mind you saying that because look what you say right after it.....

Some stupid American lets his coountry down by saying something stupid

You're calling me infintile yet you're sitting here name calling,arguing with me and generalizing all Americans and acting like a child by calling them stupid and you're actually trying to come off as sensible. My brother, everything of which you claim America or Americans are is what you are. Get off your high horse because the fall is far my friend, and when people fall the reality is things get shattered, because they fall hard. Always expect the unexpected and don't become too comfortable in your settings because that's when it happens.

You know nothing of me and everyone whose ignorant enough to claim their broad generalizations of a culture are the ignorant one's who think they're better than everyone else. I honestly would wipe my ass with that flag and could care less about anyone except my immediate family. I love the land of this country but hate the way it's run. In all honesty I hate opinions because technically everything we all say on here means absolutely nothing, proves absolutely nothing and contributes absolutely nothing to life and won't change a damn thing in any one of our lives except maybe our opinions of eachother.

So before you claim to be this sensible holier than though diety who KNOWS the ways of all mankind and their cultures, realize that your just as ignorant as the rest of us who are on this useless sight wasting our precious time on this planet. Peace out. If you'd like, I'll send you a dozen mini American flags to wipe your ass with after you deficate if it makes you feel better.

Shame on you for letting your side down.

Really now??? I guess they're knocking your door down to give you an award for your contributions. And just so you know I posted the picture instead of replying becuase it was quick and worked, It got under your skin. As I stated, getting in depth is just a waste of time because it proves nothing. Have fun and comment all you like becuase I will not waste a nother word.

Good luck with the nobel peace prize.

edit on 5/3/2011 by Revealation because: (spelling)

edit on 5/3/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by FarArcher

"Come to think of it - without the US, there would not be a Europe, but a Greater Germany. " quote.

Oh dear.. Would that be the Greater Germany that declared war on you? THe only reason why you entered the war in the first place...lol. Tell me, what do they teach you people in your schools cos it certainly Isn't acknowledged history. Just for you, while America sat back and refused to get involved a little island nation known as Great Britain (it aint called great for nothing) stood by its word and declared war on Germany for invading Poland. For the next year and a half we fought alone and won the Battle Of Britain... Far from spouting this "we saved Europe" nonsense America should be truly ashamed of the way it behaved in WW2.
And as for Americans refusing to go abroad and not having passports..! If we could now only get your government to keep its armed forces at home the world will no doubt be a better place...

The US supplied Russia, and the UK with funds, ammunition, tanks, etc. ever before we entered the war.Of course Germany was going to declare war on the US for doing this.

You have to understand, under our constitution, we were never supposed to intervene with foreign affairs. That was initially why the US "waited" so long to enter the war. Then Pearl Harbor happened, and we had a reason to go to war.

The US ended WW2 whether you like it or not. We destroyed the imperial japanese, helped put a stop to Germany, and ended the war once and for all after the invention of the atom bomb. Ashamed? Not at all, we saved your hides. We ended the war.

Now, moving onto the cold war. What would europe have done if the US would have simply said "F#ck off"? You would likely be speaking Russian. (thats if the germans didnt get ya first) So you ungrateful brits, have a lot more to be thankful for than you care to admit.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Janky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The post said, Americans are stupid, then you posted the above and proved the case!
Also, I don't quite understand where the Nobel peace prize comes into this equation but seeing how you posted the above answer to my reply to your flag waving, USA-USA-USA, post, I shouldn't be too surprise... You would have made a lousy defence attorney as all your clients would have been led to the electric chair on your evidence!

You're meant to be proving the original premise worng not adding to his wealth of evidence to prove the case for the prosecution!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky

Its almost like you Americans dont understand world history on purpose!
America didn't save Europe or the UK. Germany declared war on you! You had no choice! Dont you understand that..? If Germany hadn't called you lot out you would have still all been watching I Love Lucy as German bombs fell on Manhattan! Your teachers, and Hollywood movies seem to make up history as they see fit and students end up with their empty vacuous heads full of nonsense which never happened... There' s still some who believe you won Vietnam just cos Sylvester Stallone told them so!
Americans are really the most gullible people ever... Honestly, tear yourself away from American Idol, or Will & Grace and see what's going on in the real world. The worlds circling the pan and is about to disappear into the sewer and you Americans are still all chanting USA-USA and arguing about how the country who tells all other countries that they are the greatest f*ckers in the world got b*tt f*cked by a bunch of muslim extremists on national television on 9/11..!!! And what makes it worse is most of the European countries told you it was going to happen!!!
Home of the brave!? You'll forgive me me if I laugh my arse off...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

"The reason America is getting dumbed down is all the trash they allow to come in from all the countries around the world who are doing nothing but trying to milk this land dry. " quote.

What a weird thing for an American to say considering that's how your great country began!
Maybe the thing thats wrong with America is Americans not thinking before they spout nonsense!?

I loathe having to enlighten foreign savages, but America isn't truly one country. Look at the proper name of America: "the United States of America". Not "the Republic of America" nor "the Democracy of America", but the United STATES of America. Technically each State is a sovereign nation that gives up some authority to a central, federal government. Look up the word "federal", it is latin for "treaty". Why would a unified country need a government by treaty unless it's smaller components where technically independently sovereign.

The different component countries of the EU tend to have different languages, well most of the different "States" have different accents. The USA is a federation of like 50 countries, why would we need to go elsewhere? And if we decided to go elsewhere why would we want to visit a similar federation as our own that is smaller and more expensive?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join