It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doogal

don't forget the San Andreas fault, New Madrid Fault, Yellow Stone, Tornado Alley, Hurricane season, nuclear test and dump sites, Monsanto, Blackwater , Haliburton

and the biggest killer of all .WASHINGTON DC

life is great

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!"

Yeah? ....... and your point is????

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Response to "Thread Title"

Thanks

3rd Line: Look in the mirror for those who judge "Americans" or any other.

It is the "Person"

NOT

The Race,breed,origin,planet,galaxy.........................

Peace

Santa

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

"I want to live in the UK so i can have 24 hour surveillance in my house and every street corner making sure i'm safe and don't fall down drunk and hurt myself " quote.

You're spot on my friend. Here in Liverpool every street corner has a CCTV, then there's the ones dotted along our roads every 5o feet or so, and the police vans driving around with a pole sticking out the top with a camera on it! We're constantly being spied upon...
We were once a country of lions but now we've been reduced to extra's in our own private Trueman show...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I know, its really a pathetic thing the Monarch the Masons and the london bankers are doing to the people.

you know once ole Queeny croaks the # is gonna hit the fan.

if you can get your family out..move to south america before its too late

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
The US is a large place,the fact is actually that the us contains one of the largest quantity of intelligent people in a country in the world.

ROFL

I myself is an american

Hahaha absolute comedic gold.

YES there are alot of stupid americans,but it would be unlogical if it werent.

But most people are very very smart

Same goes for lazy,ignorant ect ect. Norway for an example is the country per today amongst I-countries that has the most ignorants

I've known a lot of Americans and I've travelled a lot to the U.S and yes they're generally good people but they're not very bright. In fact you're a prime example. I'm sure you're a nice guy but sadly when you guys talk about the world it just makes people chuckle under their breath.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
S&F. I have traveled to Canada, Holland and throughout America and still haven't seen half of what these areas have to offer, To me, Europe is 1984 as a member, has already mentioned. I have lots of friends and business partners in Holland that I respect fully!. I love America And I don't have any ambition to see anymore of Europe for that matter, Because of all the haters.

Not to mention, the threat to my children and family.No suicide bombers blowing their own people up on a daily basis as in Europe. People can say what they want about my country, We may do things myself and others in this country and Europe don't like but we give billions in aid annually. Europeans, seem to forget this. Almost every European thinks their better than others, key words almost all, where this stems from? I don't know. But IMHO I think America is the best place to live ever!!! I will, never leave.Say what you will, we Americans IMO are the best, and I am glad I'm on this side and no other, Just try our Military if you like and find out the heat we will and can bring if provoked. Just try to invade us and watch how many Americans grab guns and fight to the death for our land, it will never happen, ever!

I don't condone WAR but try us if you like. I'm 40 and my whole life I have heard Americans think they run the world wanting to poke their nose in others business and be the world police, This is because we CAN and feel those countries need to be put in control from their archaic 4 decade old leaders. IMO no country can do what we have and what we will. Flame me, if you like. I have broad shoulders as most Americans do, we can handle it. I'm proud to be on the side that's the strongest! and so be it if 85% of Europeans have passports,BIG WHIP, we have all we need here. That's why, people from all the world have been fighting to get citizenship here for a better way of life.of course this is just my opinion and 300 million other Americans.

So look down your nose at us if you like. We American rock! If you think because you're well traveled and have more passports than us makes you better... well, if it helps you sleep at night be my guest. All Americans and I sleep well at night because we are protected by the strongest military ever. Don't like it? Try and stop us, We give more than anyone has and ever will and will never be over thrown, Not in my life time not ever, if you ask me and millions of other Great Americans. It's like Americas favorite past time baseball. Everyone wants to be on the winning team and if they cant... they hate. Just two cents from a PROUD American

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

But to say that you've got everything in the US so there is no need to travel is kind of re-enforcing the stereotype.

What? If we don't have something, we buy it, import it or build it. Of course we have everything we need here.
What could we possibly HAVE to leave the country for that we can't get here?

Foreign OIL perhaps?

edit on 3-3-2011 by Afreeworld because: forgot to type message

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Being an American, I think I am allowed to place my 2 cents onto the table.

Like another poster commented, our military grants those, who seek out adventure, the ability to obtain free travel to many, many places.

I have lived in Japan, Thailand, China, Mexico, Canada, Nepal, Macedonia, and Indonesia and have been to England and Switzerland. I didn't do all of this travel in the military, though. I followed my desires to live outside of the U.S.A. when I exited the Marine Corps the first time.

See, I now find myself uncomfortable around many Americans. Finding much in common with the Brit, many of us are selfish xenophobes who are terrified of other cultures. But you know what? In every other country I've been to, I've seen the same thing. Once you have been to enough places, you begin to see that every culture bares it's roots in the same fashion, even though they appear to be exotic to a foreigner.

People in China look at me strange until I open my mouth and speak mandarin to them, and just the same, young men in Nepal whom enjoy holding each other's hands break their moment of solice when I walk by. Just as young kids in a shopping mall in Indiana look at me strange when I stroll though. I look just like them, but something appears out of place. Why? Because they're scared of my ideas, and my beliefs. Regardless of my appearence, people can tell when another is not their cultural kin; but I am no different than they. I love my family, and I want to protect them; just the same as anyone else in the world. Only I have grown to realise that we are all one people, all one culture and that our ties that bind are getting tighter every day.

So instead of berating, or comndemning someone else's beliefs, understand that they are simply ignorant of the situation. Lend a hand and some heart and they'll soon begin to see that we're not so different after all.

There will come a time when we can break free of these borders and these beliefs, whatever they may be, and come to accept each other as genetic family. We're all one species and we'll figure it out one day.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Americans aren't favored in lots of parts of the World, could that be the reason to stay safe at home?

That Brition was an ignorant drunk fool.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afreeworld

Yeah and as the Reserve Currency of the World we pay less for it than any other country.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well done, deserving of S&F, done! The difference between America and the rest of the world is that we are an intersection of the world; other countries are distinct and different, generally speaking. Take the average American mall. The food court will most certainly have foods from different countries, usually Italian, Chinese, Mexican for sure. Some more progressive malls include Japanese, Thai and Greek. A decently sized American city will usually have restaurants from different countries, including all of the ones previously mentioned, as well as Korean, Vietnamese, German, Hungarian, Indian, Ethiopian (yes, I personally saw one, in Denver even), and Irish. Sorry if I forgot your country/ethnicity. Suffice it to say that America is an international country itself, even if you only judge that on the basis of our food selection.

Taking it past that, major American cities include art from all around the world. Our museums bring the world to us. Further, a great deal of military folks whom travel to other countries get married to people from those countries, start families and ultimately bring them back here. It's very common around military bases in America to have small groups and communities of "foreigners" who are married to military getting together and celebrating and introducing their cultures to average Americans. They learn about us and we learn about them, and in the end, it's really just all one big "us." Most communities hold festivals celebrating cultural diversity, such as Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, Greek festivals, etc. We are at our best when we embrace and enjoy our differences and learn from them.

Like the OP stated, our country is one of the most, if not THE most, diverse country on the planet. You just about get it all when you come to America, and that's from east to west, north to south and everywhere in between. Sure, there is nothign quite like actually GOING to another country. For people in Europe, it's actually hard NOT to go into another country because everything is so close together. Also, the reality is that most Americans couldn't afford to travel to other countries, and that was before greedy, corrupt banksters pulled the economic coup back in 2008.

You can get most other cultures here in the states, but you can't get that in most every other country (although I did eat at a great Italian restaurant in Korea once). In other countries, you really have to leave your country to see the world. In America, I like to think that we can get a decent look at the world by exploring all of the world's diversity we already have here. And, in closing with a food analogy, America is like the best, most well-stocked buffet the world has to offer.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

After eating at the Mayan ruin, having the food take your bowels away? Perhaps?

What could be more "Moving" than that...

I like being in a Country that has a sanitation system in place.

I like being able to walk outside without having a Gang of Thugs run me down...

I personally could care less about a Mayan ruin, about as much as I'd like to have lunch with a Caveman.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
All this thread has done is confirm the topic title to be 100% accurate.

Why go to Mars? We got everything we need in America!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Agreed especially New Yorkers

Down with the illuminati agenda

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Oh? And the rest of the world can relate, I am sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The Chinese speak English too. Other than the UK and US (and Australia probably) - everyone learns two languages in their schools (if they have schools that is)

Are you suggesting in the UK and Australia they dont learn another language or two ?

Languages offered in Australian Schools from Primary, Secondary and Tertiary range from:

French
German
Indonesian
Italian
Japanese
Mandarin
Spanish

We pick up American English from American TV Shows

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have been all over the world, and being an American I can tell you I have seen "Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!" idiots in just about every country I visit. It is like they have been brainwashed or something, lol. But they love (or loved) our money back when we had some, lol.

There are some first and second world countries that I have been to that made me embarrassed to even admit I was a human being like them, and if those poor, uneducated degenerate handout begging fools think poorly of me...well, I will try to remember them as I pull my luxury car into my nice house and family and watch those idiots on the tv telling me me how stupid I am while they go take a crap in a hole dug out of the sand or whatever. I don't feel bad for the, Their country, their government. Their problem.

I personally like living in the country, that in 200 some odd years have modernized the world to the point where you can have the light-bulb, the internet, refrigeration on a mass scale, telephones, musical recordings, movies, the mass produced auto...you name it, I guess a thousand years or so of all those other countries just couldn't get it done. Damn lazy Americans indeed, lol.

And I know that my response just makes the OP feel even that more right, but I think he/she is misguided in their ignorance of the world....passport or not.
edit on 3-3-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

most Americans support American foreign policy and live a comfortable life

In Todays Terms:

Most dont live a comfortable life anymore, they are going backwards

Standard of Living, socio-economic status and Education in the USA has dropped significantly compared to other Western Countries around the World (ie some European Countries, Japan, Australia, Canada etc)

With India and China slowly rising up, millions of people are rising up from poverty status to middle class status.. still a long way to go (since the population is so massive), whereas millions of Americans are sliding down the standard and economic scale

The thing is, for some Americans to make themselves feel better will always compare the USA to another 3rd World Country of yester year, if they arent doing that, they bring up historical wars to try to boost their magnificance, boosting their egos, in doing that, they show utter ignorance (as we have seen in so many posts),

Meanwhile the rest of the world is working towards living in the 21st Century, with 21st Century thinking, new ideas, new attitudes striving towards a better way, discarding old (use by date) idealogies, whereas many Americans are desperatey holding onto old idealogies

Its the battle of old idealogies nwo (denial illusion) Vs new idealogies 21st Century (looking out for each other, recognising everything we do is connected when we make decisions) reality

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I don't think I know everything, I think America is the anal cavity of the world. A Capitalist hell hole void of anything that represents humanity. Nothing but a nation of religious bigots and greedy war mongers.

Dont blamewhen some non americans say these things... blame your government and corporate establishment media...because that is exactly what is mostly printed and/or aired nationally and internationally, which is then reflected by a majority of americans online or could be the loud minority online (I like to think its the loud minority)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join