It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I may have missed this, but it is also rather expensive for an American and his family to travel to Europe.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Europe invented torture, and War mongering and classism?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by NadaCambia

Englishmen put tobacco in their joints. That doesn't make sense to me. That is alien to me, like cold beer is to you. Why mix marijuana with Marlboro?

It's just different. I wouldn't say that your way is crap though. It doesn't mean it's crap just because I don't like it.

It is crap. What kind of noob puts tobacco in their cigarettes? At a stretch I could understand flavoured tobacco, maybe.

But cold beer tasting crap isn't opinion, it's something documented and observable by science. Drinks and foods lose alot of their taste when cold. Beer loses its taste something notable when cold. So why would you drink a beer only to make it so you can't taste it? It's like adding ice cubes.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You're an exception!
RARE one!

So what exactly has Romania contributed to the modern world aside from toothless, illiterate gypsies and squalid poverty?

See what happens when we generalize?

They become bit actors in Liam Neesom movies like TAKEN?

It would stand to reason that British hold the highest percentage of passports. DUH!!

In fact, just look at a map. splains why Europeans travel the most, too!

We don't face that here in the USA.

......yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As an American who is currently writing while traveling through Guatemala, I do have to say.... Travel is the great enlarger of experience! And experience is a wonderful thing. I wish Americans traveled more. I travel a lot and you never see Americans on the road.

Today I saw a Mayan ruin that took my breath away.

What could be better than that?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Guatemala is beautiful from what I have been told.

I have been to Costa Rica, will be traveling to El Salvador toward the end of this summer.

Central and South America are a great deal for Americans, low cost travel and accomadations. Not to mention beautiful jungles, beaches and women

edit on 3/3/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
reply to post by tony360

I'd hardly call that crying foul. It was the other post I was responding to more than anything. Also how in the name of the blue nuns left boob did you know I am a clown? good guess mate.

i just know these things. just like i know europe is trash with out even visiting it, but you would have to be extremely dumb not to catch on to that with the way you ppl present your selves... oh yea.... lets all generalize all americans cause no one wants to visit your land. lifes to short to go visit a place just fool of jerks that cant look past a history book.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OP is correct, you guys do have everything globally within your own borders. Alongside your beautiful country, and richly diverse population you have poverty in areas which rivals Liberia, murder rates in areas which can rival some of the worst in the world, I'm more likely to be stabbed in Cincinnati then i am to find a bag of decent coffee, and I would NEVER let my wife walk home alone in Ohio.

Anyway, you're not helped by the glossy self proclaiming image your film studios put out and push so hard around the world; propaganda which some of you not only believe but preach - USA = world saviours. Land of the free, but the only US news stations we get over here appear to be government funded - spewing vitriol and pro-American bs 24/7 (what is with that?).

I think, if more Americans did travel and took it all in; the good and the bad - a much more rounded image of themselves would appear. Some humility perhaps; the realisation that the idea of organised civilisation existing outside of their borders is not such a ludicrous one. It's a real shame the vast majority of you don't. I for one, would love to see it happen, Get yourself to Holland, Germany, Italy, the UK you'll get real smoke, real ale, real art and real sport none of your 'dumb-down & aim commercially' stuff.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Doogal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Yes, Europe......the place that invented religious tyranny...not to mention war mongering....colonialism....torture....political corruption....classism....religious crusades anyone?

Please

The fact of the matter is this - the average American probably spends less than five full minutes a year contemplating or considering what some bitter, toothless yob on an island thousands of miles away thinks about him.

What irritates you most is that now the great British empire...the jewel of the world...is now relegated to being a tiny, dank and dreary island filled with manly women and womanly men, unimportant and of little consequence to the rest of the world and it's day to day functionality.

Im sure it gives you jollies to call Americans fat and dumb, even though England is filled with fat, pasty, horridly conditioned white people, eating jam and jellies and puddings and waddling their fat asses to the local kebab stand, so they can stand around eating and waxing on about how great they are.

Bottom line is nobody cares. You stay in your cave across the Atlantic and hopefully Americans will do the same and avoid your stupid little relic of a nation at all cost.

Just dont let me catch you or any of your buck toothed breatheren wandering the beaches of my community looking lost and bewildered as they always do, because I will be sure to give them a firm pat on the back and direct them towards the nearest crack ghetto for some r&r.

But it's 2011 mate, get with the times. Past European tyranny and stupidity doesn't justify current American tyranny and stupidity. It's a deflection.

You say it yourself, Americans don't care about anything outside of America. And that's the heart of the problem. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, we can't not care about America. Because everything you do effects us, often negatively.

I despise the Empire and everything it was. Only halfwits concern themselves with such issues. Not surprising you have your SN as blackops. You're the worst kind of American. The one that gives the rest a bad name. Also I'd take a look if your facts if I were you. British women are shorter than most women and have the biggest breasts in the world. While British and European men more so are physically superior to you. Another fact, which I know you hate hearing. Americans have been stuck at an average of 5'9 since America was America. But oh no, you've got guns, and you monger war, so you must be so tough and masculine. What, with your imposing nasally and feminine voices. Think how whiny Eminem or a New York Jewish female sounds, you hearing that? That's how the typical American sounds to the rest of the world. Nasal and whiny. With the exception of Black people, who don't have the feminine voices for some reason.

You alpha males you, what, with your enormous middle class. In Europe and Britain we wished we were as tough as you Suburbians with your fancy wooden mansion(you call them family houses, over here they're mansions)

Yes. You are the height of masculinity.

And you're right, England is filled with overweight pasty guys, who eat kebabs and wax on about how great they are. But I'm not one of those people, so it doesn't offend me, and I feel no need to defend these people and pretend what you're saying is untrue. I know it's true, you know it's true, so I have no issue conceding that. So why do you refuse to acknowledge all the negatives about America as a nation and a people? Brainwashed patriotism is all it is.

Bucktoothed. The same nation with the best dental health amongst under 30s in the world? How many fillings and cavities does the average American have. You're superificial and think appearance is a sign of health. Despite all the bleach and veneers American healthcare is recognised to be absolutely dreadfull. How'd you say it over there, you can't polish a turd?

And lol at American crack ghettos. American crack ghettos are sweet. It's because Americans are so used to thinking the highlife and luxury of the middle class is standard and normal, that you've been fooled into thinking any family without 5 bedrooms and 2 cars is suffering poverty and hardship. It's the biggest fallacy in America.

Crack ghettos lol. Oooh, I'm shaking in fear. The last time I was in crack ghettos I was stripped down and robbed, oh wait, I wasn't. Got more chance being beat up in Oxford on a Thursday night than you have in the projects of Brooklyn

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doogal
OP is correct, you guys do have everything globally within your own borders. Alongside your beautiful country, and richly diverse population you have poverty in areas which rivals Liberia, murder rates in areas which can rival some of the worst in the world, I'm more likely to be stabbed in Cincinnati then i am to find a bag of decent coffee, and I would NEVER let my wife walk home alone in Ohio.

Anyway, you're not helped by the glossy self proclaiming image your film studios put out and push so hard around the world; propaganda which some of you not only believe but preach - USA = world saviours. Land of the free, but the only US news stations we get over here appear to be government funded - spewing vitriol and pro-American bs 24/7 (what is with that?).

I think, if more Americans did travel and took it all in; the good and the bad - a much more rounded image of themselves would appear. Some humility perhaps; the realisation that the idea of organised civilisation existing outside of their borders is not such a ludicrous one. It's a real shame the vast majority of you don't. I for one, would love to see it happen, Get yourself to Holland, Germany, Italy, the UK you'll get real smoke, real ale, real art and real sport none of your 'dumb-down & aim commercially' stuff.

Real sport in Britain? Soccer is the national sport lol

Say what you want about America but to suggest their sports aren't real and are inferior to andrex-ball, it's just too ridiculous. American Football is above and beyond what soccer will ever be. Outside of hooliganism and singing songs nothing happens

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'll go one further for Britain and say that soccer is the male equivelant of Coronation Street or Eastenders. Loved by the same people who largely can't think for themselves and follow it because well, they're the most popular and we're British.

Rather eat broken glass

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

We've just cained Narcissistic, Ignorant and Stupid.. in what, 40 words?
i find your post quite ironic given the core subect of this thread... was that your aim.. by the way?

hold on... you're from the UK (!!) and you think American Football, what with all it's bells, whistles and padding is miles ahead of Real Football? Not saying i don't like American Football - it's pretty entertaining truth be told. But come on, saying it's for those who cannot think for them selves pretty much just pigeon holed 75% of the global population.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Tell us something new LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've been to Canada three times and have no complaints that I can remember (maybe because I'm too stupid and arrogant
) Would love to travel abroad sometime when finances improve. Been longing to go to Scotland as part of my lineage is from there. Hopefully someday.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I want to live in the UK so i can have 24 hour surveillance in my house and every street corner making sure i'm safe and don't fall down drunk and hurt myself

is it tea time

although the States are chewed up and have serious governmental and social problems, we at least have the ability to shoot to death our enemies and have the abundance of forest lands, unlimited fresh water, and wild game at our disposal, when and if we see fit to harvest , unlike the overpopulated rest of the world that has used up every square FT of inhabitable land and has overstressed the ecosystem. not that we are perfect by any means, just that we're better off leaving the world to their own devises and not be concerned how they kill each other off

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I want to live in the UK so i can have 24 hour surveillance in my house and every street corner making sure i'm safe and don't fall down drunk and hurt myself

is it tea time

although the States are chewed up and have serious governmental and social problems, we at least have the ability to shoot to death our enemies and have the abundance of forest lands, unlimited fresh water, and wild game at our disposal, when and if we see fit to harvest , unlike the overpopulated rest of the world that has used up every square FT of inhabitable land and has overstressed the ecosystem. not that we are perfect by any means, just that we're better off leaving the world to their own devises and not be concerned how they kill each other off

You got Mount St. Helens aswell, lucky yous. Well, truth be told; we've all got Mount St Helens, just you guys have it on your door step.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

HAHAHAHA! That's exactly my point. Typos aside, Americans are generally chest thumping idiots. (Spell checking for BlackOps guy). Whew!

Hey...I've said it already, but I find Americans friendly and generous. I enjoy my trips to the States, and will return again as soon as I can.

If one is going to generalise, I'd say that most tourist can be pains in the arse from time to time...even Canadians. But at home, I like Americans a whole bunch.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Until I was 30 I never ventured beyond the borders of N. America. I am the only one in my family that did so and I learned so many things.
- The US is a great country but not as great as someone who has never ventured outside it.
- Other countries have a much richer heritage than America. European architecture will blow you away.
- People in other countries are better educated than we are and are more worldly and more insightful
- In other countries speaking more than one language is the norm.
It is the narcissism, complacency and sense of superiority that most Americans have that will bring them down hard. Their currency is at the point of collapse, unemployment is over 22%, the bankers are looting the economy and have the public picking up the tab. Most Americans don't realize that the debt far exceeds the GDP depending on what you include. They still believe their own propaganda that all is good in America and it is the only free country left. The smart people see the American Dream as "finding a way to get out". Young people invest time and money in an education that will never lead to a job. The public is tragically too caught up in American Idol and sports to see the dilema they are now in. WAKE UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It must be the "bread" (and burgers), "circus" (sports and boob tube), beer (or booze) and water (flouridated). Then again maybe the "dumbing down" campaign didn't need a lot of help.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I completely agree with you. It would seem that every state has its own flavor, its own culture and it's amazing to see it. I could spend at least a month in every state and never get bored.

I believe in a few hundred years from now every state in America will be much like the different countries in Europe. Except that the only difference may be that we all speak the same language but with different accents.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join