It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's latest batch of UFO files - March 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Here is a video of news coverage of this release, featuring Nick Pope (discussing, among other things, the missing Rendlesham documents):

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

The Daily Star (a tabloid which likes to print photos of scantily clad women) has just put an article on its website which includes the following:

Huh?
What?
Where?

Oh...UFOs. ok

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Now if OUR Gov't would treat us like adults and be honest (for once) all will be right in my world.

Oy....

UFO Documents Index
www.nsa.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I was totally surprised to wake up to see Sky News reporting this. I love it!
Link to sky news
I haven't had a chance to read through yet, just got excited to see this on tv, had to post!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Now if OUR Gov't would treat us like adults and be honest (for once) all will be right in my world.

Apart from the NSA documents released in the USA, the american government and private bodies have made available online a MASSIVE amount of documentation relating to UFO files held by the US government.

Little of that documentation has been referred to on the Internet since it was made available.

That mass of US docuementation is probably worth a separate thread at some point but time is limited and writing about those documents is not my highest priority (and I presume - from the lack of discussion of that mass of documentation - the same applies to many other people...).

The lack of discussion of the mass of UFO documentation from the USA which is now available online does rather raise the question : Why do so many people call for documents relating to UFOs to be released but then not bother looking at them when they are released? Are many people just waiting for a document signed by a president which says : "UFO reports are caused by people seeing alien spaceships visiting Earth" and they aren't very interested in any other documents?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 3-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The press coverage of the latest release has become international, with media around the world repeating (with some distortions) stories from the UK. It's funny to see new distortions entering the discussion of UFOs by the minute.

The Herald Sun in Australia has a story on its website which includes the following:

www.heraldsun.com.au...

UFO and alien abduction files released by UK Ministry of Defence

The files contain pages of UFO sightings and reports, colour photographs and drawings, UK Royal Air Force investigations, unusual radar detections, briefings to lawmakers and - for the first time - documents on the government's policy on UFOs.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Most of the media reports are just summarising the highlights from the documents, but a limited number of the articles have already sought to publish explanation of some of the relevant sightings:

www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk...

One of the mysteries contained in the files is somewhat easier to solve, however.

It is a reported sighting over Paignton at 5pm on May 25, 2004.

A long, black cylinder about 200ft long was reported flying at about 10,000ft in an easterly direction.

The following day the Herald Express reported a sighting by a golfer playing at Torquay, who saw the cylinder static in the sky for between 10 and 15 minutes.

Another reader rang to say he had seen the cigar-shaped object in the sky.

After the story appeared our switchboard was swamped with calls by people who had seen the strange phenomenon.

Paignton chef Nick Borne gave us a picture of the object in the sky.

One witness said: “At first I thought it was just an airship but I could see it clearly and there were no signs of control or propulsion.” However, the mystery was solved a couple of days later when a group of Torquay teenagers came clean and admitted their inflatable ‘solar airship’ had prompted the UFO alert.

The big black balloon, launched from Oddicombe Beach, had cost them £12.99 at Argos.

South Devon College student Tom Thornton, then 16, said: “The string snapped and it just floated off. We never thought people would think it was a UFO. It is quite funny really.”

In other words, the flying object was a "solar balloon" of the type shown in the video embedded below:

www.telegraph.co.uk... eing-UFO.html

UFO files: Alien abduction or clocks going back? How one man gained an hour after seeing UFO

A man believed he had been abducted by aliens after losing an hour when he went out into his garden in the middle of the night.

The MoD, spotting a potential crank, wrote back saying the clocks had gone back the night before.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Turns out some are missing relating to the Rendlesham incident

UFO files reveal 'Rendlesham incident' papers missing

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchTheWorld

Must have been to juicy for us. "Here let them have some dribs and drabs of info but nothing to juicy. we have a country to run."

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Spent half the night reading part of pdfs/defe-24-2053-1-1.pdf

Concerning a large number of sightings across the UK. Some of the MOD were suggesting to higher ranks that the craft may have been Aurora. The UFO being described as a Catamaran shape or "two concords stuck together".

Great read with so many corroborating reports in March 1993 and discussions into it's possible alien sourcs.

Great stuff.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The media coverage of the new releases has been taken as an opportunity by some newspapers to put the latest UFO videos on their websites.

For example, the following stories include various Youtube videos that have already been discussed extensively already on ATS:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Most of Videos-Audios on one place in one post for latecomers:

BBC:
UFO files released by government
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
What was UFO sighting in Sri Lanka?
www.bbc.co.uk...
Is there anybody out there?
news.bbc.co.uk...
World leaders talk UFOs.
news.bbc.co.uk...

SKY NEWS (type Sky News Title below in Google to locate long links):
Secret 'X-Files' Of UFO Sightings Released
MoD Releases Thousands Of 'X-Files'
Government releases X-files

TELEGRAPH:
UFO files: RAF tornado crew spotted UFO over North Sea
www.telegraph.co.uk...
UFO files: Lancaster bomber seen with mystery UFO
www.telegraph.co.uk...
UFO files: Alien abduction or clocks going back? How one man gained an hour after seeing UFO
www.telegraph.co.uk... eing-UFO.html
UFO sightings caught on film
www.telegraph.co.uk...
UFO files: alien invasion taken seriously by military
www.telegraph.co.uk...
UFO files: alien invasion taken seriously by military
www.telegraph.co.uk...
The UFO files
www.telegraph.co.uk...
UFO files: Family caught 30 UFOs on camera near Heathrow
www.telegraph.co.uk...

THE SUN:
The spoof is out there
www.thesun.co.uk...

YAHOO NEWS & ITN:
uk.news.yahoo.com...

NEWS.COM.AU:
UFO and alien abduction files released by UK Ministry of Defence
www.news.com.au...
Best Wishes

edit on 3-3-2011 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Thanks WatchTheWorld.

Some of the articles about the missing documents rather give the impression that all documentation relating to Rendlesham are missing.

In fact, at least previous releases have included documentation relating to that incident.

The material at the following links was released in 2002 (and removed from the MOD website for "copyright" reasons in, I think, about 2008):
It is still possible to find copies of the previously released file online, e.g. at the links below:

Main Rendlesham File - Part 1
Main Rendlesham File - Part 2
Main Rendlesham File - Part 3
Main Rendlesham File - Part 4
Main Rendlesham File - Part 5

At least one more recent release included material to the Rendlesham incident - see pages 215-216 and 226-270 of DEFE 24/1929/1 (which is not free on the National Archives website any longer but is probably available on other websites).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like this is the first confirmation from a major world government that the United States is involved in a UFO cover up. This statement is very telling as they say...the devil is in the details:

"But the British documents also reveal that that report relied heavily on CIA and U.S. Air Force information supplied to the UK. It notes that U.S. policy at the time "was to debunk the subject and restrict the release of information to the public about UFO sightings made by the armed services."

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
Looks like this is the first confirmation from a major world government that the United States is involved in a UFO cover up. This statement is very telling as they say...the devil is in the details:

"But the British documents also reveal that that report relied heavily on CIA and U.S. Air Force information supplied to the UK. It notes that U.S. policy at the time "was to debunk the subject and restrict the release of information to the public about UFO sightings made by the armed services."

You have to keep in mind that many people talk about "debunking" as giving information which helps get rid of bunk/nonsense, rather than (as the word is sometimes used, mainly by supporters of conspiracy theories) to refer to the rubbishing of real evidence.

Also, UK and US government documents include various reasons for seeking to restrict the release of information other than covering-up the existence of alien visitors, ranging from the mundane concerns about the financial cost and administrative burden of dealing with various queries if the press reports a UFO incident to concerns about national security issues if information about relating to our armed/intelligence services is released.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
is this The Big D ? great thread by the way

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Thanks WatchTheWorld.

Some of the articles about the missing documents rather give the impression that all documentation relating to Rendlesham are missing.

In fact, at least previous releases have included documentation relating to that incident.

The material at the following links was released in 2002 (and removed from the MOD website for "copyright" reasons in, I think, about 2008):
It is still possible to find copies of the previously released file online, e.g. at the links below:

Main Rendlesham File - Part 1
Main Rendlesham File - Part 2
Main Rendlesham File - Part 3
Main Rendlesham File - Part 4
Main Rendlesham File - Part 5

At least one more recent release included material to the Rendlesham incident - see pages 215-216 and 226-270 of DEFE 24/1929/1 (which is not free on the National Archives website any longer but is probably available on other websites).

All the best,

Isaac

Thanks for posting these- Part 4 seems to be 'damaged' in some way and I cant open it once downloaded- any ideas?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Thanks for posting these- Part 4 seems to be 'damaged' in some way and I cant open it once downloaded- any ideas?

Mmm.

I've found another copy of Part 4 on another website:

www.crowdedskies.com...

Let me know if you have any problems with this copy. If so, I should have a PDF of the file at home so should be able to email it to you.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
I was totally surprised to wake up to see Sky News reporting this. I love it!
Link to sky news

A video of the coverage by Sky News is now on Youtube, so I'll embed it below:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I havent bothered to look at this yet but my question is...

whats the big deal ? so what, another goverment admits they kept paperwork on sightings. is there a smoking gun in there ? is there a picture of President Kennedy having a cigar with GLK GLK from Venus ?

not to be offensive, really.. I just dont get why this is news unless there is some massive revelation.

yeah I can understand why the hardcore UFO researchers might love this. and Im sure in 2 months once theyve picked apart every word repeatedly, we will here about some mention of some light somewhere that may have been a reference to past event. Its like when they used computer enhancement to look at the words on the general ramey memo from roswell. even then its not clear smoking gun proof that will force acknowledgement from a govt

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join