It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Russia’s Space Shuttle Program?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I surrender!

Precisely my point

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Try fighting beside one of them. They know nothing about it. Many of them in my cadre unit when I was in the Ground Force. I don't know who thinks it's a good idea to send them with men to fight during the second Chechnyan conflict, because they cried, screamed, and ran around like cowards. Every one of them. They may look gorgeous, but they have no right to wear those uniforms.

Sorry, it's a touchy subject for me.... that's all.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Didn't get past page 1. But, seeing Zorgon and Slayer on the same thread is pretty awesome. Nice thread, Slay. I personally hope the shuttle program (should it go under for good) will be replaced by something much more advanced. Perhaps something built in space that utilizes the ion drive propulsion system? That would be pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The russian space shuttle program shut down because russia was broke in the late 80's and entire 90's in case no one here is older than 19 and actually remembers. They couldn't even pay their own soldiers or air force or anything in those days but with vodka and potatos for god sake you think they could afford to run a viable space program during that time? By the way here a few other incredible russian engineering "coincidences" for the uneducated or unawake:
- the russians reverse engineered the design of the American Boeing B-29 during WW2 and called it the TU-4
- the russians stole the plans for the Atomic bomb from the USA via the Rosenbergs and other spies
- the russians stole the engineering of the COncorde and called it the TU-144 (real deep thinking engineers obviously over at tupolev to steal 2 aircraft almost to the rivet. BTW google TU-144 and Paris if you're younger than 19 and don't know.)
- the russians stole the design of the US space shuttle
- the russians even stole the engineering of that most iconic piece of supposed russian ingenuity, the AK-47, ripped off from a German StG-44 almost even down to the exact design of the cartridge used for the "new" weapon.

Now Russians have invented plenty of cool gizmos and gadgets within the military and made more efficient all sorts of types of technology, but I'm not on that now, right now I'm ranking on all the reverse/engineering and thieving! Heh hehh.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberterius

Take an AK47 and an Stg44 apart and you will see they are nothing alike. Kalashnikov used some elements of the Stg44, but he borrowed just as heavily from the M1 Carbine and M1 Garand and the Remington Model 8. Stg44 used a roller delay blow-back locking system while the AK47 has a gas system to begin with.

Don't question a Russian about an AK47

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles Perhaps something built in space that utilizes the ion drive propulsion system? That would be pretty cool.

That would be... but..

How would we get up there to build it?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

This is the thing tho...

A rocket is a rocket there is only one good design, they was bound to end up looking like each other after wind tunnel testing and what not

I think the Russia design is very nice its a shame they wasn't both up there for 2 decades as someone put it

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Double headed eagle? Olive branch and Sword? Crown on top? Guess we know who's backing this team...
edit on 3-3-2011 by CDNBilderberg because: More symbols noticed

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Once upon a time...

There were three inventors... all three worked independently of each other... (no internet back then)

All three came up with a design for a liquid fuel rocket..

One German, One American and One Russian...

The design was basically the same... but because the Russian didn't publish right away... the American and German got dual credit...

Until today when History now gives the Russian credit for being FIRST

The Russian also came up with a really COOL space station in 1886

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow! Thanks for posting this. I have to say as far as looks go I prefer the Russian one. It looks awesome.

Also, someone should make the disclaimer at the start into one of those ATS warning signs so if you're about to do some certain ignorance denying you could post it at the beginning of such post.

Thanks again!

Also, star and flag.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Their are alway's other way's to blast into the cosmos. "Carl Sagan". All space shuttles in what we have been taught of what a space shuttle is, is obsolete.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Are you Alex Jones? If not then please remove your picture and stop posting.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CDNBilderberg
Double headed eagle? Olive branch and Sword? Crown on top? Guess we know who's backing this team...

Originally posted by Liberterius
- the russians stole the plans for the Atomic bomb from the USA via the Rosenbergs and other spies

Rosenbergs...

OR they let Russia have the plans for the bomb

As I said ... there was no 'cold war' Just some 'friendly' rivalry

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Great thread man , I recently done a 10 things you should know about space travel , publication for my graphic design course.
I researched the russian space programme extensively .
It's just a sad fact that after the cold war , through lack of funding and through politcal shifts of power the whole russian space programme , which In my eyes would have worked better was simply shelved or stopped entirely.

It was interesting that the russians actually forced the US to create the apollo programme which was indeed far to costly and only sevred the purpose of winning the show. In my opinion had the russian space programme not faltered after internal arguements over launch vehicle design then they would have certainly stolen the show.

Im still happy however that roscosmos is still running probes to our solar system , Phobos Grunt is a real winner in my eyes. Unmanned , AI ( term used lightly ) probes right now are certainly the future for space exploration. Until we can develop a system which makes the harsh environment of space that little bit safer.

the human race right now completely under values , or completely fails outright to see the true value of space exploration. I could go on to quote many famous people and their reasons why we should flee our nest.
Just like your other thread slayer
Man homo sapiens the thinking man , left the cradle of africa to spread out across the world and to create vast new civislisations . The thinking man of today should also spread out across our solar system. If we do not reach out across the stars , we are dooming our species to extinsion

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The major factor hindering any commerical or government programme right now is its still far too expensive to put heavy objects into space. the cost per tonne , Im not sure how much , but its still the determining factor throughout. Heavy launch vehicles the delta V can shift 70T of hardware , but its costing a large sum of money , and in the current economic climate its not cost effective in the eyes of the public.
Especially in america when they launched that military hardware which was top secret on a delta V.
The world wants immediate scientific returns on space travel or they arent interested, they want the new space age MP3 or whatever . We fail to see the other side of the coin , mass extinction events !

The major benefit is safety and and the survival of our species , but everyone is so caught up in ME ME ME , they dont care about the future .

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

To be honest, there is a great cosmonaut museum here in Moscow. It it probably one of the biggest museums in Russia, really fascinating. Russian space technology was far behind the USA. They have examples of USA technology next to the Russian technology, and it is embarrassing, I don't even know why they would do this! They even have an entire section dedicated to the moon landing, with a tiny USSR flag, the size of a postcard, that was taken to the moon on Apollo 11, with a note mocking the USSR from Nixon
I don't think space was really Russia's thing.....

The reason they stopped, besides being broke, was because they saw little opportunity in space with the current technology they had. It feels like they want to do some testing on earth before launching more things into space. Something like this.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ok iv'e finally read over the thread best read id had in a long time on here absolutely brilliant work Slayer & props to Zorgon for some fascinating information & speculation,

Zorgy i have a question! maybe two

This secret space program, just how far advance do you think is it? i remember seeing tho's pics a while back some guy got of blury object in orbit that looked like space stations i can't see to find them right now but similar to this picture

do you believe its as advanced as Richard C Hoagland says it is ?

Once i heard the Nasa announcement to retire its space shuttle program i had to wonder weather we was going to see this secret space program emerge sooner than i thought, if these triangle craft are in fact part of this secret space program and ours not ET, its obvious these craft do not use any type of conventional or know power source but much rather some form of anti gravity/free energy

which leads me on to believe maybe NASA knows thos age old rockets have run there course they wont efficiently take man to mars or anywhere else its the rocket which limites mans abilities in space and of course with antigrav craft your body does not turn to jelly in a month

Thanks guys great thread stars & flag

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a star and a flag for an excellently post

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Now imagine what the could have accomplished had our president and their snot had sucha verbal misunderstanding!

Why would the Buran, be no more? It doesn't make sense. It could carry 4x the payload, carry 2 extra astronauts/cosmonauts, and it took-off, flew around the planet twice, re-entered, and landed in a cross wind all without a human pilot on the yoke in 1988!!!? America has yet to do that am I correct? To me, this says America was playing catch-up and couldn't match the Soviets machine move for move, so they scared the world into hating communism?...which is a hell of a lot better than democracy (Socrates words, not mine.)

I mean seriously. Does anyone even know why 'we' actually 'hate' communism?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
is it just me or is this thread a bit mistitled? considering most of it was comparing the shuttles? interresting to see the differences though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join