It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our galaxy or star at the center of the universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i disagree infinity can have a center tho that center will move depending on where you observe infinity . like i said if i was to look to my left and have infinity to my left and to the right i have the same. that is effectively the center since i have the same distance all around me . no matter the distance 1ft ,10 ft,100ft , or infinity :i am the center of my universe ,but not yours .note this only works with a truly infinite universe .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

How would you place a center on Infinity? You Can't, unless its Finite.

One example, which is a great metaphor for everything:

Fractal Mathematical Rabbit Hole

Now instead of the way this video begins, imagine, not One Fractal, but Infinite numbers of Fractals, extending in all directions, with each one leading into others, and those doing the same, each one, Infinite in itself, and all the same infinite endless mass. ie. the infinity or endless mass within (not just without) a grain of sand, is equal to the infinity or endless mass within a star, you simply cannot measure the endlessness of each.

And by the way this is advanced ET tech, their physics relates to the infinity and the hologram. Their crafts can be 20 feet on the outside, but different arrangement of space on the inside and could be a whole world of space, merely different footprints into infinity.

Now, with the video, and realizing all those Infinite Fractals are Infinite in themselves, both inner, outer, and in all directions, and there is No Time, its all happening at once, not unfolding mind you, it is all unfolded at once, endlessly.

Now place a dot.

Look around the dot. You have endlessness in all directions, including inward and outward, and there is no way you can determine a fraction of the mass of infinity. If you were to place that dot on the edge of the biggest viewing screen you could imagine on a computer simulation for size, you would still have equally immeasurable infinities behind, in front, and forever, in all directions.

There is no localities. Not measurements. No Time. No bigger/smaller, higher/lower.

Its really cool you know. One day, when you've past the earth tests in this school, your Infinite Consciousness will have graduated past the holographic universe, you can be on 100% service or helping mode, and yet say, "be back in a second" and take what seems like a "million year" vacation, and then move back to that "time" which is like a forever clip of sequencing, like a metaphorical role of film, (as our infinite lives are as well, only there is a global aspect of all at once too, and we can tap into our infinite potential to handle these tests and shine light here as well), so move to that spot, more like a "location" or frequency location, and be "back that proverbial second"!!!!

Infinity is wonderful. It should be thought of more deeply than most do, along with all the signs this is a holographic universe, which is a technology/creation, and all that this implies.

Yes, Infinity has a metaphysics to it too, as does all life.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We are the center of the observable universe, but that's only because we can obverse the same distance in all directions.

However, it the universe is finite, or if it doesn't curve back on itself, then there is no reason to believe we are at the center of it. If the universe IS infinite or it DOES curve back on itself, then "center" has no meaning anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

found what i was looking for

New Look at Messier 82 Reveals Superwind Source, Young Star Clusters

With the new Subaru image, scientists have gained insight about the sources of the superwind.

“The wind is found to originate from multiple ejection sites spread over hundreds of light years rather than emanating from any single cluster of new stars. We can now distinguish ‘pillars’ of fast gas, and even a structure resembling the surface of a ‘bubble’ about 450 light years wide,” Gandhi explained.

COMICS has detectors particularly adept at indicating the presence of warm dust, which it found was more than 100 degrees hotter than the bulk of material filling the rest of the galaxy. The widespread, continuous flow of energy from young stars into the galactic expanse keeps the dust hot.

source HERE

i think that a star forming active galaxy nuclus galaxy at the right distence would be interperated as a bubble surrounded but hot gas and if uniform enough would show the hidden structure of "the bubble" by the surrounding shape of the energetic gas at the
"bubble boundry"

xploder
edit on 8-3-2011 by XPLodER because: correct bracket error

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

you have to look into this
a "super" prisim capable of doppler receiding velocity BLUESHIFT and doppler closing velocity REDSHIFT

In a paper published today in the Nature Photonics journal, Swinburne researchers Dr Baohua Jia, Dr Xiangping Li and Professor Min Gu and their collaborators from Shanghai, have demonstrated the reversal of this effect, which does not occur naturally. That is, when an object and a light wave detector moved closer together, they were able to decrease the light frequency from blue wavelengths to red ones, and vice versa.

“This is the first time in the world that the inverse Doppler Effect has been demonstrated in the optical region,” Professor Min Gu, Director of Swinburne’s Centre for Micro-Photonics said.

The researchers were able to achieve this by creating an artificial nanostructured crystal – known as a ‘photonic crystal’ – out of silicon.

By projecting a laser beam onto the unique photonic crystal ‘super prism’ and changing the distance between it and the detector, the researchers were able to create an inverse Doppler Effect phenomenon.

“In our super prism the dispersion of light was twice the magnitude of a standard Newton Prism. This large angle makes the prism’s refractive index – a property that determines how fast light travels through it – change to negative,” Professor Gu said.

source HERE

so if experimenally we can now produce blueshift from recessional velocity using a "super prism"
what would happen if our helo-galaxy lenset had a similar effect on objects under observence?

what would be the prism effect of our local lenset?
could negitive refractive index occour in the natural universe?

justs gets more and more interesting............

xploder
edit on 8-3-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Dr Baohua Jia, Dr Xiangping Li and Professor Min Gu and their collaborators from Shanghai, have demonstrated the reversal of this effect, which does not occur naturally.

source HERE

so if experimenally we can now produce blueshift from recessional velocity using a "super prism"
what would happen if our helo-galaxy lenset had a similar effect on objects under observence?
According to the article, it "does not occur naturally" so you won't see it in nature according to that.

In fact, I'm having a heck of a time understanding how they did it in a laboratory. I searched for their paper on arxiv.org but it's not listed there yet, or at least it didn't show up in my search.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

as far as i can tell it works on
negitive reflective index and is some form of crystaline structure (lens)
i too would like the paper so if you find it could you please post the link
so we all can read it
thanks i too will be looking for it

because the universe is so large maby infinite
im going to hold that it is possable in nature (somewhere)
maby im being hopeful lol

xploder

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Even you are at the centre of the universe, sunce every point on a sphere can be projected to the centre of the sphere

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join