It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Meat: Authorities Find Chimpanzee Meat in Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Haha yes I see where you are coming that one who eats this is being a cannibal. I never said that I would eat it myself, I was only lending my culinary expertice, as a trained chef. Eating another species that is a cousin to your own species is not cannibalism however. Many animals eat animals that are closely related to them, for example some snakes dine on other snakes. I have never heard this referred to as cannibalsim. Also you must realize that chimps are not people even though they are closely related to us. A chimp is not something that I plan on eating in the future but if there was no domesticated meats then I would eat it without a care.

The main issue that I take up with the bushmeat is the sanitation of it. I could see sanitation problems and the spread of food born illness occuring due to it being illegally trafficked into countries. I would imagine that they do not keep the meat in proper temperature zones as it is being trafficked, thus making it more likely to carry and spread food born illnesses.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I had to leave work right after I posted this thread so I didn’t have a chance to read your replies until now...

Let me first say I agree with what everyone is saying...

Yes as a hunter I enjoy deer elk and moose meat...

but a chimp it a little to far up the evolutionary chain for even my tastes...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join