It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Article: 2012 Apocalypse -- Postponed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
That is all well and good, anyone who is anybody has realized that Dec. 21, 2012 is relatively arbitrary given the uncertainty of our knowledge of the Mayan Calendar.

But many do not realize that the Mayan Calendar is not the source of the '2012 prophecy' and that specific date.

The date is the zero point on Terence Mckenna's Timewave zero after aligning another novelty dip with WWII. The Timewave was invented by Mckenna on a mushroom trip in the jungle in Brazil I think - or was the intellectual result in the wake of the trip. It is a mathematical description of 'fractal time' according to I-Ching hexagrams.

I don't believe Mckenna was familiar with the Mayan Calendar 'coincidence' until many years later.

ETA: And I do not pretend to know whether Mckenna was wholly correct and accurate with the fractal mapping, his choice of the dropping of the atom bomb in the novelty dip, the 2012 'prophecy' etc. I am more interested in the idea of cyclical time and fractal time.

And if I am wrong about this, and the Mayan Calendar is the source of 2012 stuff... just lemme kno.

edit on 2-3-2011 by beebs because: (no reason given)

Yes, thank you for reminding on that. I do know about the Terrence McKennas Timewave Zero.

I even loaded it (..and many of its earlier versions..) at one point to check for the correlations myself too, but there were 2 things that sroke me about that thing..

Firstly, was the thing that Terrence McKenna (his brother), and John Major Jenkins are the closest friends.. This could be due to other factors aswell, and I am by no means condemning anyone right now, but that raised a little suspicion.

And Secondly, what comes into the novelty theory, it is not open source, so the basis of it - and how it is mathematically derived from the I-Ching, and why, is nowhere available for further exploration.

Terrence has lots of good ideas and really awesome insight - but with the evidence we have so far, I cannot know anything more (about him as being 100% true)..

edit on 2-3-2011 by Jussi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Well...

Comet Elenin will be here in October 2011.
Jesus will be here in Feb 2017.
Apophis will be here in Jan 2036.

Choose your poison.

Wait what about Q?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well there have always been questions about the actual calendar date due to the changes throughout the years of the Gregorian, Julian, and Jewish calendars.

There are a couple of things that I personally think prove the case quite well.

1. Leap Years - Leap years were introduced back in the late BC years I think it was around 72 BC by Julian Ceaser. Granted it was around during that time frame, but do you think the Mayans knew about it or incorporated it into there Calendar?

2. AD/BC - Ok so the Mayan's originated around 2000-3000 BC they assumingly did not only begin there work right when AD started, so I am not sure how they expect me to believe that they accurately predicted the years of BC and AD into the equation. I mean BC counts backwards and then just abruptly ended and it became AD. So I have to wonder if the date 2012 is accurately depicted from the long count from beginning to end, and furthermore do they know when the Mayan Calendar was actually created to the letter.

I saw someone mention the I Ching and I have to repeat the same question did they account for the switch from BC to AD as the I Ching was originally created in the BC era as well. As much as people hate to think about or admit to it the whole world does not revolve around the birth and death of Christ. It is only the Christian community that seems to think this. I am not saying that science is wrong about the dates, but I am also questioning whether we know what year it is. According to the Julian Calendar it is Feb 11, 2011, and the Gregorian has us at Mar 2, 2011. So there is a good seperation there in itself. Also like the Bible the calendar was altered by the Church years ago, so there is no telling what years or even days were left out. I have heard that the year could either really be 2007 or 20015. So who knows, but regardless the 2012 fanatics will continue. I will be curious to see how many mass suicides there are on and around May 21, 2011 and the Dec 21, 2012

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

since you mentiond this i thought i would add this link of a thread just started by sezsue

www.abovetopsecret.com...

he talk alot about this and has a link to a good article that seems to make alot of sence to me anyway i noticed you werent there so i thought you should cheeck it out it's right up your alley

edit on 2-3-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If we're not even sure that 2012 predictions will even happen yet, how can anybody say the calendar was wrong? How can we be sure that;s correct or not even if it's coming from Fox News?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jussi

If the Mayans were so advanced and capable of foretelling cataclysmic events thousands of years into the future, then why didn't they foretell their own demise?

That's always puzzled me.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

What puzzles me more is the fact that from what I can tell the Mayan's diidn't even have prophecy at all really except stuff about there own gods

Also someone said it was Fox News and I have to say that it is fair to note that Fox News would be more inclined to embrace the end of the world and help build the fear not the other way around. Though it could be an extended fear campaign so they can prolong your anxiety another few years.
edit on 3/2/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not one of the claims by 2012 doomsday muppets has any bearing in reality or science!! So it doesn't really matter

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

my thoughts too. tptb don't want any company after they come out of their bunkers.
so they pay a scientists to come up with a new way to look at, and have the msm play it up.
you watch some between now and 12/21/2112 you will have a whole truck load of scientists,
saying that the gmt is the way to interpret the mayan calender

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by BadBoYeed

my thoughts too. tptb don't want any company after they come out of their bunkers.
so they pay a scientists to come up with a new way to look at, and have the msm play it up.
you watch some between now and 12/21/2112 you will have a whole truck load of scientists,
saying that the gmt is the way to interpret the mayan calender

And you based that one what exactly??? If your claim was true, every single astrophysicist, biologist, astronomer, geologist, and a thousands of scientists all had to hide that...ridiculous!

Not surprising you make that claim though, people have always said there "end is near" for the past 2 thousand years

edit on 2-3-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

wouldn't be the first time a scientist, chose money over integrity.
and probably won't be the last, scientists are just the same as all poeple.
money and fame do strange things to people.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jussi

this isnt news....thats about 3 months old and btw we know where we are in the mayan caleder because the Hopi's were masters of the stars and because of sun cycles, if nothing happens 12/21/2012 its because nothing happened not because it will be another day...I dont bash Fox News and dont tell anybody but I prefer it too, that Japanese Science guy contradicts himself regularly...follow what he says on youtube and you will get what I mean....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

The Timewave yep I had the program...Nothing happened in July then the buzz was Watkins Math and How we were to plunge into chaos in November I threw out the Timewave. Then all hell breaks out 12/31/10....then middle east,,then state government collapses in Wisconsin and Indiana. The Gulf of mex. is dead just like they said it would be.....when does wormwood hit? Im not making up my mind on 12/21/2012 but here is my motto...better to have and not need than to need and not have

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Harold Camping says (chuckle, snicker) scratch 1994 and May 21st this year Jesus will be back
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by MrXYZ

wouldn't be the first time a scientist, chose money over integrity.
and probably won't be the last, scientists are just the same as all poeple.
money and fame do strange things to people.

So you are seriously claiming dozens of thousands of scientists all over the world are covering up the end of the world? Seriously?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
what a lot of people dont realize about the calender is the Maya didnt create it. Their god did. I dont have his name but I bet somebody else on the thread does. And it started long before man was on earth. And there doesn't seem to be a symbol for start over at the end. I think the start over is a man made idea. Look I dont care. Its not like I want to get out of paying bills or taxes because I am not working so I dont pay taxes or bills.

I or what I do or do not believe in has no effect on what will or wont happen with the gods the universe or this planet. If 12/21/2012 is dooms day, Its gonna get a lot uglier around here before that Christmas fails to come around.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

The Mayan calendar doesn't even end...it just enters a new cycle. And your claim that doomsday is coming is ridiculous given that we have ZERO objective evidence that the Mayan god really existed.

The Mayans also believed the world to be flat, floating on the back of a crocodile, floating in a lilly pond, held up by 4 trees of different color

Just because they had some knowledge of astronomy, not even all of it correct, doesn't mean they had the ability to predict the end of the world while all our scientists haven't found a single shred of evidence to back that up. And hell, they didn't even predict the end of the world, that's just an "add on" by snake-oil salesmen trying to sell 2012 doomsday books and movies

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

why do you want to argue with me......nothing anybody says can be proved axcept a birthdate....so chill, everybody at ATS is just talking,kicking it all around...if you want to argue go do it elsewhere....but I will give you the benifit of the doubt and ask where are the symbols for the next cycle? going once.....twice...... yeah, thats what I thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by MrXYZ

why do you want to argue with me......nothing anybody says can be proved axcept a birthdate....so chill, everybody at ATS is just talking,kicking it all around...if you want to argue go do it elsewhere....but I will give you the benifit of the doubt and ask where are the symbols for the next cycle? going once.....twice...... yeah, thats what I thought.

I'm not arguing...just asking for at least a shred of evidence to back up the claims. Since when is scepticism a bad thing? Also, it's a conspiracy forum, not a "fiction forum"

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Well...

Comet Elenin will be here in October 2011.
Jesus will be here in Feb 2017.
Apophis will be here in Jan 2036.

Choose your poison.

who said jesus is coming in feb 2017? thought that was like... may 21st or something...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join