It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expando Planet Theory more likely than Nirubu/Planet X...and happening NOW?!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

More links on expanding Earth theory:
www.expanding-earth.org...

I was actually pretty offended by this video. It asked me to believe that no smudging of the continents as occurred, yet it was painfully obvious that there was much "smushing" going on in the video. It asked that I believe the oceans formed from nowhere or that they were created by a mini-sun in the core. It asked that I believe our Earth has doubled in the course of 600 million years and doubled again in 70 million years. Here is a quick bit of math:
600,000,000 ----> 70,000,000 (years) is 11.6%
12,500 ------> 25,000 (miles around the Earth) is double
If we continue just this trend and double again (reaching 50,000 miles) we would have to expand 32.32416ft per year.
70,000,000 -----> 8,166,666.619(years) is 11.6%
25,000 -------> 50,000 (miles around the Earth) is double
Thus 32.32416 x 8,166,666.619 = 263,980,618.45056 ft.
263,980,618.45056 ft./ 5280(feet in a mile) = 49996.329 Miles

Lets go back before 600,000,000 years ago when they claimed the last "doubling" occurred. This means the Earth was ~6250 miles around (four times the size of Pluto). I would love to see the animation for that one.

I hope we all followed that. So we would have the Earth putting on 32 feet per year so we can imagine what this would do to GPS. Now I know that GPS has been tossed around a lot in this thread, but it is true. With the ability to track the movement of land and specific locations for the last 20 years would mean that things should have moved a considerable distance since GPS was first introduced. Ok on to water. Where is it coming from? In the video there is zero explanation for millions of gallons of water spontaneously appearing as the Earth grows. The same can be said for our atmosphere. Where is is coming from? As the Earth expands that means the atmosphere would become less and less dense as it continues to spread over the new surface. How is this replenished? Is that mini-matter factory in the center of the Earth creating all forms of matter? Has anybody told this guy about the accretion theory? Or perhaps how stuff keeps falling to earth every day? Can you even have a magnetic field with a plasma core(this is a serious question I would love an answer to)? As of now, the way I understand it, we use magnetic fields to shape and contain plasma not the other way around.
Well, lastly the thing that slapped me in the face with this video is it asked me to believe this "scientific explanation" or it called me an idiot. Either you have growth and subduction or just growth or you can believe that the Earth is the center of the universe. Who makes a claim that supposed to be based on science by telling you that you have to believe this or your as dumb as a box of rocks?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
reply to post by Starseed32

This video was posted 4 years ago and has been my favorite explanation.
www.youtube.com...

It really seems like common sense and it would explain a lot.

The pangea theory always bugged me and was usually silenced when I asked why then does the pacific spread come together too. It made no sense.

Oh well some of us are round earthers living in a flat earth society.

There are events with astronomical odds of occurring, events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all so imagine billions of years in wrapped up in a 3 minute time lapsed video, then you will see.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Watch vid. More supporting information.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rockn82

nobody is asking you to believe or not believe anything.

There is a lot going on in the world and universe, and beyond. Science is making major leaps and bounds as to the real nature of the solar system, the galaxy and Universe, possible Multiverse.

We are here on a conspiracy forum to gain knowledge, contributing to the general pool of knowledge includes offering theories, of which there are many. The more the knowledge of the possibilities and the theories being offered the more able to ascertain the real truths.

Simple as, so many people post all sorts of things, mostly I don't have the time to read or watch any of it, but if I didn't agreeor consider it unreasonable then so be it, I normally wouldn't offer my opinion on it else ATS would just be full of arguments, currently it is only a percentage.

Do or don't click on the links and watch the vids, form your opinions by all means but don't expect me to validate the exact findings on every link as these are posted for information purposes. Disecting every link and vid from every scienctific point and angle, for me, would involve many months of exacting work, giving thesis and proof, from various scientific disciplines, this isn't the basis of ATS, denying ignorance is, and this is a current valid topic which is theoretical, like most of science.

It is theory, I never said it was fact.
edit on 3-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by rockn82

nobody is asking you to believe or not believe anything.

There is a lot going on in the world and universe, and beyond. Science is making major leaps and bounds as to the real nature of the solar system, the galaxy and Universe, possible Multiverse.

We are here on a conspiracy forum to gain knowledge, contributing to the general pool of knowledge includes offering theories, of which there are many. The more the knowledge of the possibilities and the theories being offered the more able to ascertain the real truths.

Simple as, so many people post all sorts of things, mostly I don't have the time to read or watch any of it, but if I didn't agreeor consider it unreasonable then so be it, I normally wouldn't offer my opinion on it else ATS would just be full of arguments, currently it is only a percentage.

Do or don't click on the links and watch the vids, form your opinions by all means but don't expect me to validate the exact findings on every link as these are posted for information purposes. Disecting every link and vid from every scienctific point and angle, for me, would involve many months of exacting work, giving thesis and proof, from various scientific disciplines, this isn't the basis of ATS, denying ignorance is, and this is a current valid topic which is theoretical, like most of science.

It is theory, I never said it was fact.
edit on 3-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Can you restate this entire thing and this time have a point please. First yes the video is telling us that this is the way it actually happened. By doing this the author of the video is asking us to believe that past 600 million years ago the Earth was12,500 miles around at the equator. So yes somebody is asking me to believe something here. The rest of your entire dialog is completely unrelated to anything I said. If this is theory, am I not supposed to question it? Am I to just believe what I am told without thinking? When did theory turn into "this is how is actually is and everybody that doesn't believe this is stupid"?

Also I despise the premise in which people believe that you shouldn't click on a link if you don't like the topic. How are we to discern whether we like the particular topic without getting the information pertaining to it. That is, without blindly adopting the beliefs. The other thing is, I don't recall asking for you to validate anything in my first post which is why I am rather confused as to why you even replied to me.
Basically your message to me is: Knowledge is being found, you don't have time to go over things, this is theory, do or don't click links, this is ATS, form an opinion that you wont validate, and you don't say this is fact. Am I the only one confused?

If you are a supporter of this "theory" then please enlighten me by answering my questions which I asked earlier.
Where does the new water come from?
Where does the new atmosphere come from?
Does the "mini-sun" at the core create both and push all this new matter to the surface?
Can a plasma core generate a magnetic field?

I am not discounting this theory entirely, which is why I am asking questions. However, I am highly skeptical of anything telling me to believe or I am stupid. In fact I watched another video pertaining to the expanding Earth theory and again I was treated like my application for the short bus was rejected. Watch the video explaining India colliding with Asia where he says that anybody who believes it drifted up there was stupid.
I would like to take this moment to issue a quote from Michel de Montaigne: "He who establishes his argument by noise and command, shows that his reason is weak."

[[And! I noticed why you thought I was talking to to directly. I used your post as a quote so that I could repost the youtube video. I wasn't speaking to you directly. I am sorry I forgot to remove your name from the quote part. Apologies for the misunderstanding and I have removed your name from up there.]] : )
edit on 3-3-2011 by rockn82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

edit on 2011/3/4 by Jimjolnir because: Browser back button double post... Cake

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

There are problems with the expanding earth and there are problems with plate tectonics, but I honestly believe that somewhere in between all of the theories lies an answer.

I couldn't agree more with that last statement. When i first heard the expanding earth theory my eyes went bright, i thought it revolutionary. It did get me to look into plate tectonics again. And i've come to the same conclusion; they are both parts of the whole, that need some refining.
Puter man, that's some crazy info on our early positioning systems, i recall reading that before. Even though what was noted with that system is amazing, it is probably due to glacial and inter-glacial cycles. You know, retreating ice; expansion of equator, advancing ice: contraction of equator. Those thoughts lead me to this question: during these cycles does the earth actually grow(increase circumference area)? I think it is possible, if only for this reason: the earth takes roughly 100,000 years to complete one glacial, inter-glacial cycle, and every year the earth receives roughly 1,000 tons of space debris. 100 million tons over 100,000 years. There would also be more debris collected as we go back to the birth of earth. Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am pretty sure all the cracks that have been going on the last years fits the Expanding earth theory, and not pangea.

And, the videos are perfect, it shows how it is.. Pretty simple, you can see the continents fit, but, the logic has gone away..

' my people will perish due to lack of knowledge' , seems to fit nicly..But screw that , lets go with the Ancient Pangea even though it makes no sense what so ever..

Carry on !

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There could be an inner world that we cannot perceive. There is a movie called "The Quiet Earth" that describes some kind of "effect" that is caused by a quantum fluctuation in the Sun. Really, we can never know until it happens, so we can do our best to understand. Anyway, my theory is that, if there is some kind of rebirth, that means the Earth is shedding its skin, and obviously, it will get rid of all the "dead wood". I see that some people are physically alive, but they are not getting their energy from the sun, as if, they are dead on the inside, and only get their energy by being parasitical of live, as opposed to creating life-force through spritual photosynthesis. If the sun changes the Earth, then all of them would cease to exist, there would be a moment or period of chaos, and then, the Earth will take all the living beings with it, and leave the rest to die. I think the fancy words that they have is "4th density" and "reincarnate". So, it could be that we all transition to "4th Density" - however, on the other side, perhaps some of us will come out as being alive, and the others will disintegrate. I would think that the so-called "NWO" are remenants of some other higher Earth civilisation, and want to prevent the event from happening, however, being unaware, they are really just serving to enhance the effect by creating a greater state of imbalance prior to the scales being tipped.
edit on 4-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rockn82

the theory is feasible, though it is a theory, and like most of science 'fact' is evolving and oftern rewritten as it wasn't so much fact after all.

If you don't like the expanding earth theory then maybe the expanding earth thread isn't for you, unless you would prefer to offer something constructive.

If you don't like some of the ideas of the theory then check all the theories on this are saying the same thing first, then try proving or disproving the theory. Basically do your own homework.

There is so much going on that was never going on before, people are talking about it worldwide, denying it is silly, even science, for those that only believe indoctrinated 'scientists' though choose to ignore tha fact that quantum mechanics is a branch of physics, as is holograph theory and many other 'it could be there even of you can't touch it' branches of science.
edit on 4-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

absolutely, pangea doesn't make any sense at all, especially when expanding earth theory makes complete sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Yes, instant freezing of large areas of the planet have occurred

No, there have not been instances of such events.

So, in the Expando Planet model, the continuous stream of energy from the Sun goes not only to the surface of the planets, but also to the center of the planets, where, given the correct conditions, and the existence of an active plasma core (Mars, as an aside, has none, and is therefore, a 'dead' planet), this energy is transmuted into matter.

So where is the evidence that the energy from the sun goes deeper than the surface? Please show me any evidence at all.

Even if the energy from the sun were penetrating any distance all into the Earth, why would it be converted to matter? Where is the evidence that energy is being converted to matter?

In fact, we do see these in the form of the fiords observable on the western coasts of all continents.

Really? Where are the fjords off of California? Where are the fjords of Peru? Where are the fjords of Africa?

You do realize that the confirmation you used was from a noted hoaxer of 2003 fame?

A huge crack is developing in Africa that scientists say will eventually result in a new ocean forming.

The African Rift valley is a well known plate tectonic feature.

This crack appeared suddenly.

The small section is in an active geological area and represents a small portion of the Rift Valley.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

For one the planet Mr Johnston, as i call it is a Brown Dwarf , not seen by the eye yet only IR, my theory is 1/2 light year out past the Oort cloud, and is now on it's way in, the reason why is the Orion star Betelgeuse is though to go Nova. Now this could be when the the the 2 are in line with each other and would fit in with the old tails of lost and discovered Civilizations, the Mayans, Aztecs, African and Australia as well as North American Tribes that tell of a distant planet and 2012 seems to be the time. and 3 of these tell of a 12th planet.

A 12th planet is a hoax created by Sitchin and no one else. Maybe others have jumped on the 2012 bandwagon and added his hoax to their list, but Sitchin created this hoax in recent times.

An object 1/2 a light year away is not going to get here in the next 1000 years.In fact it will never enter the orbits of the known planets.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

The expanding Earth model is an old rejected idea that appears to be finding new life with a fake mechanism to claim how new matter is created to provide the expansion.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

I had never heard of this, although in the last few years I have seen mentions of how the earth bulges at the equator.

If the bulging is increasing, that could make the sea rise I would think.

The notion of the shape of Earth being either oblate or prolate goes back tot he days of Newton and Descartes. The English and French scientific establishments had differing predictions of Earth's shape. Expeditions were sent out to determine the shape of the Earth.

Read a tasty little intro to this story here:
Oblate or prolate

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

I forgot to mention that the water is going to have a smooth surface relative to gravity and nothing else. Gravity pulls the oceans up against the continents. You don't realize that you are dropping in elevation as you leave the shore and head out into the ocean because the ocean surface represents a surface of equi-gravitational pull.

Geodesy

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Also, there have been several objects out there that have been found, maybe one of those is the planet that the ancients mentioned?

The larger objects that have been found outside of the orbit of Neptune such as Pluto and Eris and other objects do not have orbits that enter the orbits of the known planets. These could not be seen without the aid of sophistocated telescopes and thus would not have been seen by the ancients.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

He says he thinks the earth may have been smaller in the past, which would help explain why the dinosaurs could grow so big and still be able to survive. He said gravity would not have been as strong on a smaller planet, and that could also explain how the ancients were able to build such big monuments.

The moon has been moving away from the Earth since the formation of the Moon-Earth pair. The evidence shows that the Earth once had over 400 days in a year. The slowing down of the rotation of the Earth has led to 365 days in the year. The transferred energy causes the Moon to move away from the Earth.

The claim that Earth's gravity was appreciably less does not make sense.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

The interior of the Earth cannot have plasma. It is too dense and not hot enough. The magnetic field of the Earth is due to convection currents in the liquid part of the core.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Well, I'm familiar with the Expanding Earth theory... which is fact.

Theories are not facts. They are based on facts. The expanding Earth theory does not hold water. It was abandoned long ago. It was based on the idea that the continents were separated because the Earth expanded. The idea did not work out and was replaced by plate tectonics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join