It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China To Rebuild Africa..? Intresting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I came across this article and wanted to hear peoples thoughts on this

While Washington is preoccupied with war in Afghanistan and Arab liberation movements, Beijing is feeding its insatiable “Made in China” machine by cranking out mega-deals to develop Africa’s infrastructure in return for rights to grab resources, such as minerals and oil.

Some African leaders compare these resource-for-infrastructure swaps to Marshall Plans — deals big enough to jumpstart economies. But critics in the West say the swaps amount to a “Great Chinese Takeout” or a series of sweetheart deals for the Asian colossus.

China’s biggest bet on the continent is a $6 billion accord with Congo, a country buried in debt but rich in virtually every known mineral, from gold and diamonds to coltan, a key element in cell phones, computer chips, nuclear reactors, and PlayStations. Congo has 80% of the world’s coltan reserves.

Cool bit of info about Congo's resources too. ^

Personally i think this is a good thing as africa are basically giving everything away anyway.
But at the same time, The way these powerful people work, Its hard to not think that there is somthing sinister here.

On another note, Does anyone else think the asian dude looks like the guy out of Rush Hour 1?

Full article here: atlantapost.com...

What do you think?
edit on 01/14/2011 by MagickWithoutTears because: Edit to fix link. Oops

edit on 01/14/2011 by MagickWithoutTears because: Thanks Peace

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My first thought was, where will Africa end up after a pole shift?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's a good thing! Think about it, China gets minerals and oils for helping the Africans get back on their feet. Probably the best thing that could of happened to Africa.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MagickWithoutTears

I think that this is a land grab deal. Cheap and can get all kinds of resources. Lots of space to make another homeland. LETS, MAKE A DEAL. China growing and needs land and resources to catch up with the growing populace.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
except that i think china would destroy the congo ecosystem in the quest for minerals etc.

that can't be good, but if the africans would rather have an economy as opposed to an ecosystem, .....

cut off your nose to spite your face

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ya not a good thing... You see how they are gaining wealth & power? Not good at all...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Good God! Haven`t you been around in the last 50 years? China will strip everything worth having out of Africa and then bugger off! You think they care about the eco-system? You are deluding yourself. Many of the Companies doing the deal in Africa are actually owned outright by the Chinese Army. That is how they do things.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

except that i think china would destroy the congo ecosystem in the quest for minerals etc.

Unfortunately, the Europeans/Americans/PTB have already been in the process of destroying Africa for generarations. China can't do any worse.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Are you aware almost 5 million people have been killed there over the past decade in an American led war ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is what that ninja guy Fulford was talking about.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagickWithoutTears

Personally i think this is a good thing as Africa are basically giving everything away anyway.
But at the same time, The way these powerful people work, Its hard to not think that there is something sinister here.

Something sinister like the US diagnosing hundreds of thousands, and I wouldn't doubt millions, with AIDS without actually testing their blood for HIV, but rather by visual diagnosis? Personally I think the USA destroyed Africa through these types of horrible medical genocide.

It has been reported the US gov is still dishing out HIV medication with the same toxicity level as 1980s North American HIV medication with the excuse that is all Africa can afford. Apparently countries outside of North America don't know HIV/AIDS medication of the 80s+90s is what caused the death epidemic of this virus and syndrome. Taking medications that toxic was a death sentence then, and it still would be now. The current HIV/AIDS meds in Canada/US are so diluted today from what they were in the 80s/90s it has become arguable whether or not they are even needed at all with the practice of good health and nutrition.

original opening sentence: China is doing a great thing. what i meant to say was...

China would be doing a great thing for the African economy, however I am not saying it is 'the right thing' from certain other countries points of view. The only reason why this would be criticized in the West(USA) is because an economic jump start to Africa would mean a heightened standard of living across the board, and to prosper is be educated. This would be a very dangerous thing for the US. It would undoubtedly cause a major rift between Africa and the UN, and because China would be the good guy developing their otherwise death sentenced country it would mean China's alliance against the USA just doubled. I am certain this is the reason behind the whole 'helping hand'.

What I don't understand is why didn't the USA try this idea first, because now they just lost the entire African continent's resources... Oh wait, because they already dug their claws into Canada with such unions as the NASP. That's what they think though, while Canada is actually raping the US for billions from the resources it directly sells to the USA, and from the resources it sells to China which then sell to the USA.

The US Gov either seems to be getting extremely stupider, or they are f*cking up the country on purpose at this point.

**** EDIT ADD***

Ahhhhh that's it. I got it. Over this last year Canada decided to side with the USA over China in the check book war over it's natural resources. If China wants to continue booming it will need it's North American style pig consumption of these resources, and since Canada is currently offering the US a first come first serve deal, China needs it's natural resources ASAP.
edit on 2-3-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we are great and china is bad. i suppose i should have continued to say that china will finish destroying africa, in the US example or something...sheesh

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MagickWithoutTears

Well first the English, Dutch and the rest of Europe had a go at raping Africa.

Then the American's had a go at raping Africa

So now it is China's turn.

No wonder our good "Friends" from the New World Order are over in China !

This is straight from China:
2011 Global Urban Development Forum successfully hosted in Beijing by the International Economic Club of China

Prominently displayed first is a picture of the TRAITOR in CHIEF Al Gore.

Maurice Strong Economic Club of China Honorary Advisor:

... Former Deputy Secretary General to United Nations and Founder of United Nations Environmental Program and “Earth Summit” the Hon. Maurice Strong, addressed the Goldman Sachs leadership series dinner on the 8th December 2009 in Hong Kong.... www.chinaecoclub.org...

Lest you forget:

...“Then, in spring 2008, prices just as mysteriously fell back to their previous level. Jean Ziegler, the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, calls it “a silent mass murder”, entirely due to “man-made actions.” Through the 1990s, Goldman Sachs and others lobbied hard and the regulations [controlling agricultural futures contracts] were abolished. Suddenly, these contracts were turned into “derivatives” that could be bought and sold among traders who had nothing to do with agriculture. A market in “food speculation” was born. The speculators drove the price through the roof.” www.independent.co.uk... www.independent.co.uk...

Seems it is the same players they are just sailing under CHINA's Flag now.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
China will take over Africa and spread their 1-child policy there and save the world from overpopulation.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
China is trying to take Africa, piece by piece. Not just for financial reazons, as far as my opinion goes.

After fixing infrastructure the Africans will kick them out from their countries too!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's Imperialism alright. But at least they don't use carpet bombing to do their bussiness. If the US would have used a little more brainz instead of entering the room shooting and shouting, they would now be in a MUCH comfortable position...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

But critics in the West say the swaps amount to a “Great Chinese Takeout” or a series of sweetheart deals for the Asian colossus.

Roughly translated as: ''It's not fair ! We should be the only ones who are allowed to exploit other countries and their natural resources''.

top topics

join