It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got my own Hall Pass this month! (well, sort of)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My wife has a two-part business trip this month, so I've got 12 total days of alone time,

I love my wife, but some days of solitude have their appeal too...no questions of what to eat (whatever I damn well want)...what to do..(again, whatever I damn well want)...etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Enjoy the free time. I agree, it's really nice to have "me-time" to do whatever, whenever you want, every now and then.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Does that mean the sink will be full of dirty dishes, and the place will be littered with beer cans cigarette butts
and smelly laundry in 24 hours?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Embrace and enjoy your "me time". My wife and I both work from our home office. We see each other all day, every day. On occasion, one of us has to go out of town for work; and, when we do, it is relieving to do my thing without any input or compromise. We are absolutely in love and have been married for 15 years; however, some time of solitude is nice for us both. It also reminds you how much you appreciate one another upon the return home.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Enjoy! Last time that happened I had grilled steak 4 nights in a row.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Seriously?

No offense to any of you... but do you not realize your married to your mothers?

come on! I'm married... been living with my wife for 2 years now...

I do whatever in the hell I want... whenever I want... and she gets the same treatment in return!

We're around each other all the time... cos we too work at home... hell we even write and record music together... now that gets you under each others skin...but i'm so comfortable with her and she with me... that we dont need alone time...

As long as me and her follow these simple rules, we can do whatever we want...
No Cheating
No Beating

...Come on men grow up... take charge of your lives... don't let your wife control you! and same goes for women... dont let your husband control you...

-cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

No "control", but there's compromise...and doing things together, which sometimes mean each of us aren't exactly doing our "favorite" thing at any given moment. She doesn't like some of the shows I watch, for example, and vice-versa... She may want to go to a concert I'm not crazy about, and I may want to go to one she isn't, etc. While we have many similarities...if we each did what we wanted all the time, there's a lot we wouldn't do together.

No, I don't drink much, or smoke, but there will be dishes in the sink for a bit...no doubt, hehe... Still, I'll take some time and ensure things are clean before she gets back...and I won't let them sit for long. Since we both work, we both do housework too...so no real change there.

Enjoy! Last time that happened I had grilled steak 4 nights in a row

Actually her favorite...so do that a lot. I'll likely end up eating out more...and at places I like, that she doesn't really care for....

edit on 2-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No offense!! No Offense...

I hope you have a great time! Seriously!

I think i missed the point of your thread... perhaps I had too much coffee or not enough coffee... hard to say...

so let me retract that first comment...

If it were me and I would be alone.... I would what I do best... making as much noise as I could... I love loud sounds... My wife lets me do anything I want except for making lots of noise... i can respect that... ...

but i would watch Jurassic park on the surround sound system... so loud that when the T-Rex stomps the ground... you think its in the room with you

and I would play guitar so loud that its probably dangerous to my hearing
muhwahahaha

happy hunting!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Hehe, yep, for me, it's probably video games. She wants to watch tv to unwind...I want to blow things up. I'm lucky if I get one weekend morning, maybe a couple of hours, to actually USE our game systems that we shelled out money for.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I Loved the Call of Duty modern warfare on my surround... it was like the war is all around you!

I hear ya on hardly ever getting to play games... I got a 360... had it before me and the wife got together... she was one of them "oh god you a gamer..." while i've never technically been a "gamer"... i play a lil here and there...on occasion i can play up to 20 hours... haha but... she still labeled me as a geek and poked fun at me a few times...

Now... she spends 90% of her freetime playing the obsolete hell of it... My only chances of getting to use it is when she gets a facebook craving... i know so many of you here hate facebook... but without it i would never get to play my precious games haha but its good i'm actually pleased that she plays it like crazy... and if i really wanted on it... she would quit... but i cant do that to her...

My Current playing is Fallout 3 and Assassins Creed...

Her... Final Fantasy 13

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Actually, she bought me both the Wii and the 360 over the past few years for Christmas.. She almost got me a PS3 last Christmas, but I told her to hold off until it goes a bit lower in price...(as I've already got tons of games I never get to play)....

She likes her Final Fantasy too, but of course, it's a one-player game. I actually enjoy playing 2 player games with her, when she's in the mood to do so. (The Lego ones are really fun for this...believe it or not). My current fave is Fable 3, but only because I haven't went out and got Dragon Age yet. Neat thing on Fable 3, is that two people can play though.

join