It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetus called to testify in Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A fetus is set to testify in front of Ohio lawmakers in an apparent publicity stunt by a pro-life group to sway feelings towards an anti-abortion bill currently under consideration.

Janet (Folger) Porter, President of Faith2Action, claimed that the fetus will be the "youngest ever to testify."

"For the first time in a committee hearing, legislators will be able to see and hear the beating heart of a baby in the womb -- just like the ones the Heartbeat Bill will protect," she said in a statement.

"When passed, the Heartbeat Bill will insure that once that heartbeat is detected, the baby is protected," Porter added.

The fetus will presented to the committee live via an ultrasound from the expectant mother.

"I think it's a stunt that trivializes women's health," Kellie Copeland, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio, told The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

"It's obvious this committee is a lot more interested in making headlines than in giving women better access to health care or doing something to bring jobs to this state or trying to fix the state's budget mess."

"Instead, what Ohioans are getting is an absolute circus in the House health committee," she added.

Full Story

I'm sorry, but I think no matter where anyone stands on abortion, this has to obviously be seen as a blatant publicity stunt. One that might actually work though...

If passed, this will be one of the earliest stages that a state has tried to bad abortions.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Fetus called to testify in Ohio

Oh my goodness! What has this world come to?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This bill could well make abortions illegal in the 5th or 6th week after conception. It is often that women don't even fully realize they are pregnant until the 4th or 5th week. Even the 6th week after conception..for those who don't want to believe why they missed their menses the previous month.

There are actually 2 different fetus's that are being "called" to testify here. One is 9 weeks along, and the other is 11 weeks.

edit on 2-3-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I think getting the fetus to place it's hand on the bible may get a little tricky, but the rest is doable IMO...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6843dfc13aa4.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How ridiculous! What's next, digging up murder victims to testify at trial? Any judge that allows this is off her/his rocker and should be disbarred.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
How ridiculous! What's next, digging up murder victims to testify at trial? Any judge that allows this is off her/his rocker and should be disbarred.

It's not a court. It's for the actual lawmakers themselves. They are still debating the bill that would allow for this restrictive abortion legislation. So instead of one person off their rocker..a judge..it's apparently the entire legislature. Or at least enough to let the fetus in.

I'm just curious who's gonna serve the subpoena on the fetus...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

HAHAHA! That was a classic post
Made me laugh
Thanks for that!

2nd
edit on 2-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: 2nd

top topics

join