It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Something as strong as a belief in god and jesus christ, you must be at least a little skeptical as to which are the exact words of your savior?

Are you certain that every word in the bible you believe is the word of god, is true and 100% accurate?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by IAMIAM

Something as strong as a belief in god and jesus christ, you must be at least a little skeptical as to which are the exact words of your savior?

Are you certain that every word in the bible you believe is the word of god, is true and 100% accurate?

Love is truth... Jesus spoke nothing but truth and you can read it for yourself. I would say his words are 100% accurate, regardless of who wrote them.

Love is the only absolute...which is how you can find truth in many things even outside of your bible.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This is why I am not Christian. The Bible is not the word of God to me. The Bible is a moral story like any other. It tells you the Character of Christ, that once understood, leads to you finding that character within yourself.

The word of God is within YOU.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I would say his words are 100% accurate, regardless of who wrote them.

So it doesn't matter who wrote, if I wrote the same text and the bible had never existed as it is known today, would you trust it as divine word?

Someone had to first tell you about your beliefs for you to realize they exist.

We will never see eye to eye, I cannot take something on faith. To me that is a faulty process of determining the reality of the subject, especially one as sensitive as this to so many people.

reply to post by IAMIAM

I don't feel that I need a belief in god to find myself, it was never necessary. I am completely fine with who I am, without any religious beliefs at all.

Why do you feel the need to find a god within yourself? Do you think you will be punished for just dismissing the idea?
edit on 5-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I don't feel that I need a belief in god to find myself, it was never necessary. I am completely fine with who I am, without any religious beliefs at all.

Why do you feel the need to find a god within yourself? Do you think you will be punished for just dismissing the idea?

Where do you ideas come from? Before you fully form them into a thought, before you speak them or put them to action, where do your thoughts and desires come from?

That source of inspiration is what I call God. Call it what ever you want. It is still the same source within us all.

Consciousness, life, God, what ever word you use, it does not matter. It is something far beyond our current understanding.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
REPARATIVE THERAPY - - notice the dates. Even 20 years ago - - the APA knew Conversion Therapy was harmful and does not change sexual orientation - - which is a birthright.

In 1990, the American Psychological Association stated that scientific evidence does not show that conversion therapy works and that it can do more harm than good. Changing one's sexual orientation is not simply a matter of changing one's sexual behavior. It would require altering one's emotional, romantic and sexual feelings and restructuring one's self-concept and social identity. Although some mental health providers do attempt sexual orientation conversion, others question the ethics of trying to alter through therapy a trait that is not a disorder and that is extremely important to an individual's identity.

1996:The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) adopted a policy statement on Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual issues. It states, in part: "Social stigmatization of lesbian, gay, and bisexual people is widespread and is a primary motivating factor in leading some people to seek sexual orientation changes. Sexual orientation conversion therapies assume that homosexual orientation is both pathological and freely chosen. No data demonstrate that reparative or conversion therapies are effective, and in fact they may be harmful. NASW believes social workers have the responsibility to clients to explain the prevailing knowledge concerning sexual orientation and the lack of data reporting positive outcomes with reparative therapy. NASW discourages social workers from providing treatments designed to change sexual orientation or from referring practitioners or programs that claim to do so.

2000: The board of directors of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) adopted a statement on therapy designed to change a person's sexual orientation. It said, in part:

"The increase in media campaigns, often coupled with coercive messages from family and community members, has created an environment in which lesbians and gay men often are pressured to seek reparative or conversion therapies, which cannot and will not change sexual orientation.

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Well, my mind, to put it bluntly. I don't believe there is a god in there, I also believe the same is true with everyone, regardless of if they want to believe it or not.

Life itself is very spectacular, I suppose it could be seen as the universe attempting to understand itself, or god within us. I just don't see how these ideas relate to stories in the bible or a divine right of any kind. You can relate any known facts to religion in any way to try and make it more rational, in the end the concept is still nothing more than a means of justification for various things. Do you think that religion and belief in god is the same today as it was 1500-2000 years ago? Did god change or was it us? It was us.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Love is truth... Jesus spoke nothing but truth and you can read it for yourself. I would say his words are 100% accurate, regardless of who wrote them.

Love is the only absolute...which is how you can find truth in many things even outside of your bible.

I do believe in Benevolent Watchers. An advanced race of "off planet" beings - - probably Light/Energy beings

I do believe they have been involved with humans since their creation - - and do interact in helping humans evolve beyond physical thoughts.

So - - it is not too far of a stretch for me to believe Jesus could be one of these beings - - and His words reflect from that premise.

I just don't believe mans interpretation of events. I do think they wrote from what they knew and what fit in their timeline culture/society.

But that's getting off topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Well, my mind, to put it bluntly. I don't believe there is a god in there, I also believe the same is true with everyone, regardless of if they want to believe it or not.

Life itself is very spectacular, I suppose it could be seen as the universe attempting to understand itself, or god within us. I just don't see how these ideas relate to stories in the bible or a divine right of any kind. You can relate any known facts to religion in any way to try and make it more rational, in the end the concept is still nothing more than a means of justification for various things. Do you think that religion and belief in god is the same today as it was 1500-2000 years ago? Did god change or was it us? It was us.

It's all good my friend. What ever you call what is "in there" is between you and what is "in there". I have several threads on the subject that may clarify my position. To go into it here would be to seriously derail a thread I have already written off.

You raise excellent questions and make valid points. I'll keep my eye open for you in other threads.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I know, mine and your beliefs are solid. Thanks for the conversation though and for putting up with me.

My apologies if I was rude or inconsiderate to your beliefs, but there is no other way for me to talk about it with you.
edit on 5-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I know, mine and your beliefs are solid. Thanks for the conversation though and for putting up with me.

My apologies if I was rude or inconsiderate to your beliefs, but there is no other way for me to talk about it with you.

I don't think you came off as rude at all my friend. Here is a link to a thread I started on the topic.

Proof that God exists

I'd gladly continue the discussion there. I am simply trying to get away from this topic. It has gotten to the point of endlessly circling, and there are certainly better things to discuss than sexual persuasions, IMO.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 5-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I would say his words are 100% accurate, regardless of who wrote them.

So it doesn't matter who wrote, if I wrote the same text and the bible had never existed as it is known today, would you trust it as divine word?

Someone had to first tell you about your beliefs for you to realize they exist.

We will never see eye to eye, I cannot take something on faith. To me that is a faulty process of determining the reality of the subject, especially one as sensitive as this to so many people.

If you wrote something that promoted love and respect towards all, yes i would believe it....now if you practice what you wrote....thats a different story.

No one told me about my beliefs my friend... Several years back i had no beliefs...even an athiest. But i felt something was missing... so i went on a quest for truth...and no matter where i looked, truth is found in love.

You don't have to believe me nor do you have to agree, but the fact remains... the only absolute in this life is love...and in love there is truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You don't have to believe me nor do you have to agree, but the fact remains... the only absolute in this life is love...and in love there is truth.

Yes - - we actually believe the same base thing - - only in different ways.

I believe everything is energy -- everything came/comes from energy - - and Love is the ultimate positive energy.

I still consider myself an Agnostic/Atheist - - - but am completely open to the unknown. There is a lot we do not know and can not explain.

As I said - - I have had a strong force guiding me all my life. What is it? Or - - Who is it?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yes - - we actually believe the same base thing - - only in different ways.

I believe everything is energy -- everything came/comes from energy - - and Love is the ultimate positive energy.

I still consider myself an Agnostic/Atheist - - - but am completely open to the unknown. There is a lot we do not know and can not explain.

As I said - - I have had a strong force guiding me all my life. What is it? Or - - Who is it?

More so then you realize actually...

I believe the same thing, as a matter of fact i know it to be a fact. All life is energy, even physical matter is still just a vibration.

The question is, how can you claim Athiesim and understand that life is a vibration? You've been guided by "something" yet you can't see what or even who that might be?

Im confused

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The question is, how can you claim Athiesim and understand that life is a vibration? You've been guided by "something" yet you can't see what or even who that might be?

Im confused

Atheism means only one thing. No belief in a Deity.

I definitely do not believe in any Deity from a religious standpoint. I consider religion man-made.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
EQUAL RIGHTS IS WINNING - - - FUNDYS ARE LOSING

Wal-Mart Right To Fire Antigay Worker - By Advocate.com Editors

Wal-Mart did not violate an employee's civil rights when the company fired her for making antigay comments to fellow worker, a federal appeals court ruled last week.

Tanisha Matthews was working as an overnight stocker from 1996 to 2005 in an Illinois Wal-Mart. One night during a break, the Apostolic Christian engaged with other workers about homosexuality, debating whether LGBT people were headed to Hell, according toEdge Chicago. Several witnesses said Matthews told a lesbian employee, Amy, that she was going to Hell because God does not accept gay people.

advocate.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Im confused

I definitely do not believe in any Deity from a religious standpoint. I consider religion man-made.

i didn't know that

i thought it was a belief in nothing?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Im confused

i didn't know that

i thought it was a belief in nothing?

Nope. It simply means "no belief in a Deity".

Of course - - there are Hard Core or Hard Atheists - - - that only believe in science and what can be proven. But that is not the definition of Atheist.

Agnostic simply means "I don't know". So Agnostic/Atheist - - - means "I don't know - - I do not have the knowledge to disprove - - nor do I have the knowledge to prove".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

A wise stand point i must say

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43 >>

join