It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

They actually teach debating in church?

OMG!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

More than likely, I don't have a link ready for you to any particular church.

Some Christian colleges teach heavily biased information of all kinds, and some even not so heavily biased. The one beside me requires church attendance as do most of them I would imagine.
edit on 5-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Saying hateful things will indeed cause others to hate you.

Whoa, the only people that hate God's Word are those who are rebellious to God or who reject God. "Truth" doesn't have to put a smile on everyone's face for it to be truthful.

Absolutely!

And when you realise that everyone speaks for the divine within them, you will understand the words spoken by Christ.

Do not be rebellious towards God, any of his manifestations!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Saying hateful things will indeed cause others to hate you.

Whoa, the only people that hate God's Word are those who are rebellious to God or who reject God. "Truth" doesn't have to put a smile on everyone's face for it to be truthful.

Absolutely!

And when you realise that everyone speaks for the divine within them, you will understand the words spoken by Christ.

Do not be rebellious towards God, any of his manifestations!

I disagree, hes stuck in his ways and believes what he knows to be the correct translation which leaves nothing open for arguement...

blindness isn't easily healed

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wow man, I really never can believe it no matter how many times I see it. Do you realize how insane that sounds to speak of yourself as if you have some divine right or power that others don't yet realize?

How can you accept rationally what you are saying?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Wow man, I really never can believe it no matter how many times I see it. Do you realize how insane that sounds to speak of yourself as if you have some divine right or power that others don't yet realize?

How can you accept rationally what you are saying?

You must not have seen all that I have been saying my friend. I am not placing myself above you. I am raising up those who have been downtrodden, and bringing down those who loft themselves above all others. Why? Because that is my divine right. Just as all have a divine right to agree, disagree, or see with their own eyes that what I say is truth.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I used to think that unconditional pure love requires letting go of the self/ego. Such a thought places a very large stumbling block in one's path to unconditionally loving others. I know from experience that trying to be something I am not, void of ego - my self, only cause inner torment as I tried to eliminate it.

The trick is not in getting rid of the ego. The ego is who you are as an individual. There is nothing wrong with it until it grows past the point of respecting and loving others. Then it needs to be subdued, not eliminated.

Yes - I've had this debate before.

Ego means "I" - - - you need to believe in yourself - - and be strong in yourself to give or share with others - - and release what I call "physical or human ego".

I separate "spiritual ego" and "physical/human ego". Its kind of a fine line - - its just the way I do it.

We are human/physical - - we do have to have food - shelter - etc - - - but how much to we actually need. Where is the line between need and want.

I actually float up out of my body and view things from "above" - - as I mentioned before. It helps me with perspective.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I used to think that unconditional pure love requires letting go of the self/ego. Such a thought places a very large stumbling block in one's path to unconditionally loving others. I know from experience that trying to be something I am not, void of ego - my self, only cause inner torment as I tried to eliminate it.

The trick is not in getting rid of the ego. The ego is who you are as an individual. There is nothing wrong with it until it grows past the point of respecting and loving others. Then it needs to be subdued, not eliminated.

Yes - I've had this debate before.

Ego means "I" - - - you need to believe in yourself - - and be strong in yourself to give or share with others - - and release what I call "physical or human ego".

I separate "spiritual ego" and "physical/human ego". Its kind of a fine line - - its just the way I do it.

We are human/physical - - we do have to have food - shelter - etc - - - but how much to we actually need. Where is the line between need and want.

I actually float up out of my body and view things from "above" - - as I mentioned before. It helps me with perspective.

Any technique that brings you closer to the all that there is, that gives you insight to the divine within each of us, I say keep it as a treasure.

The problem with words is that there are so many meanings. Two people can spend a life time together and still not fully understand each other.

As for knowing what one needs, only the individual knows the difference between a want and a need. We can and should give unto each as they declare what they want. We have the capability, we just let too many stand in our way of doing so.

Times, they are a changing though...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Love IS the law, but it is woefully out of practice. It is not one that can be enforced other than by divine providence. If you are loving to others, they love you back. If you are not loving to others, well they tend not to love you either. That is the natural cause and effect.

Exactly - it can not be enforced. Its something you have to find within yourself.

I can't accept it as a Law.

Ultimate desire - goal - meaning of life - - - but not a law - - because it can't be enforced.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If homosexuality were in fact "normal" they would comprise more than 3-4% of the population.

Approximately 1% to 2% of the human population has red hair.

Guess they are an abomination of God too.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Any technique that brings you closer to the all that there is, that gives you insight to the divine within each of us, I say keep it as a treasure.

Its not a technique - - - I was born this way. I've been connected to something "beyond" since birth. I thought everyone was - - - until I found out the hard way - - they're not.

Have always felt like I got dropped off on the wrong planet. Understanding humans has been extremely difficult. As young as 5 - - I referred to myself as "teacher".

You won't get any flowery words out of me - - - I simplify to the least denominator of words. Words have limitations.

I found what you said about Jesus using a name and his disciples using names interesting. Some ask what their guides name is. My guides say there is no need when you communicated by thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Love IS the law, but it is woefully out of practice. It is not one that can be enforced other than by divine providence. If you are loving to others, they love you back. If you are not loving to others, well they tend not to love you either. That is the natural cause and effect.

Exactly - it can not be enforced. Its something you have to find within yourself.

I can't accept it as a Law.

Ultimate desire - goal - meaning of life - - - but not a law - - because it can't be enforced.

It would be better if it was enforced, but sadly you're right... these are different laws though... Not ones that are enforceable but ones you should live by... no law can be enforced when it comes to God, thats why you have free will... you chose to enforce the laws, no one pushes you to do so though.

Truely, love for all is the only law, this applies to Loving God as well because all is God.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Its not a technique - - - I was born this way. I've been connected to something "beyond" since birth. I thought everyone was - - - until I found out the hard way - - they're not.

Have always felt like I got dropped off on the wrong planet. Understanding humans has been extremely difficult. As young as 5 - - I referred to myself as "teacher".

You won't get any flowery words out of me - - - I simplify to the least denominator of words. Words have limitations.

I found what you said about Jesus using a name and his disciples using names interesting. Some ask what their guides name is. My guides say there is no need when you communicated by thought.

My friend everyone without exception is connected with God. It matters not if you know this... its their actions and words that disconnect them. You chose your path as you progress through life. If you chose to listen to what your heart tells you, thats fine....If you don't thats also fine, but thats where people end up losing that connection. Not that it isn't there anymore, but its hidden by that persons hardheadedness... The ability to love everyone and everything is inside of you... Its your choice to use that ability or not

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

That's not what I am saying at all, I could care less if anyone thinks they are above or better than me, I am not one of your church friends in a popularity contest. What I am saying is do you realize how insane it is to believe that you have a divine right of anything? Some people have had the 'divine right' to rape and murder, this just didn't come about from thin air, it came to be because of their 'divine right' of other things which eventually transformed into psychosis.

Like this quote I posted earlier, that no one paid attention to:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves.

Are you telling me this is really in the bible and not only that, you guys are believing it and quoting it thinking that it is acceptable logic, and not only that, divine word?

This is you brother, this is the book you believe in is it not?

The concern I have with religion is not out of spite or bigotry, I do not think I am better than you I simply think it is a destructive force in the human mind. And I am not being sarcastic when I say 'brother', because you and me are the same, human.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I don't think you're understanding him...

We all have the divine within us, if you speak of love and show it in your actions and words you are acting as the divine would...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
My friend everyone without exception is connected with God.

I should have said "known connection" - - aware of since birth - - always guided by the unseen.

I don't believe in a God - - - so we'll just leave that alone - - - as it is not the subject of this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Alright i will leave you with that...

Im not trying to convince you of anything, just trying to clarify

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, your right in your own way I suppose, it is just a word after all. I don't particularly believe there is anything like what you would call a divine right in anyone, it is what it is.

Divine right could mean anything, it could mean free will, but even free will has its limits. I am not perfect either, it frightens me for someone when I hear them talk about divine right, that's all.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Annee

Alright i will leave you with that...

Im not trying to convince you of anything, just trying to clarify

No problem.

That's just a whole different discussion.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

This is you brother, this is the book you believe in is it not?

Not at all my friend. That's what I mean by you have not seen all that I have been saying.

I am not a Christian.

I am a follower of Christ because what Christ taught is the truth. This does not mean that I believe in the old testament. In fact, I believe Christ came to correct the errors of the Old Testament. He came to return the Jews to the Law of God.

I believe what Christ said only. I give no weight to Moses, Leviticus, Paul, or anyone who deviates from what Christ said.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join