It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

If you could explain Christs teachings in one sentence, what would you say?

On what topic? Salvation? Eternal life? Please be more specific, if you want the topic He spoke most about that would be Hell. Christ spoke more about Hell than any other subject.

What topic would you prefer?

Pretty simple question man... Can you answer it or no...

I wasn't speaking to you btw but its alright if you answer..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

If you could explain Christs teachings in one sentence, what would you say?

On what topic? Salvation? Eternal life? Please be more specific, if you want the topic He spoke most about that would be Hell. Christ spoke more about Hell than any other subject.

What topic would you prefer?

Pretty simple question man... Can you answer it or no...

I wasn't speaking to you btw but its alright if you answer..

Sorry, not trying to be smart. Jesus spoke more about Hell than anyone in the Bible and about Hell more than any other subject.

But if you just wish to know what Christ taught about salvation that's a different answer.

What context are you seeking?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Meaning what... You get a stamp on your wrist and tada?

Please explain

I'll let Isaiah answer the question:

Isaiah 53

1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

First of all, thanks for the reply's, I am a newcomer, and brand new to blogging.
I am glad that some of my comments may have sparked some thought. Jung agreed with the spiritual awakening coming from education.
I had a good chuckle reading some of the hatred and fear and you nailed it IAMIAM.

I hope I was only laughing because it was so predictable and not because I was making fun of anyone.

Fear based thinking is at the root of most problems, including mine.

It is the single white male, who was either bullied, or the bully, socially inept, angry, resentful, and usually from a broken home where you will find this thinking most of the time.
It is a learned behavior and it hides deep insecurities and secrets.

I am only speaking from experience. It's a shame that some are pyschopaths who are inable to introspect about themselves and have any meaningful contribution to anyone. There is no way for a mere mortal to speak with this type.

I'm not a Bible Thumper, nor am I a religious freak. I am a seeker who tries to keep an open mind.
It is from the other seekers, like the ones on this site, the people who think outside the "box," that I learn the most. I am often wrong, and it is by admitting that, that I continue to seek humility, and truth.

I hope my mind always stays open to the endless possibilities of this world and what lies ahead in the coming years.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here it is in one sentence.

John 14:6 (Amplified Bible)

6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

I'm done.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I didn't ask you to discribe his sacrifice according to someone else... Look if you can't answer the question thats fine...

Again, in a sentence or two if you need... explain christs teachings.

This is what im talking about when i say and i quote....many people read the bible, few actually understand the meaning.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by Akragon

6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

I'm done.

thank god...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RIPPLEFX008

Welcome my friend... its always good to see an open mind

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I didn't ask you to discribe his sacrifice according to someone else... Look if you can't answer the question thats fine...

This is what im talking about when i say and i quote....many people read the bible, few actually understand the meaning.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (Amplified Bible)

18 For the story and message of the cross is sheer absurdity and folly to those who are perishing and on their way to perdition, but to us who are being saved it is the [manifestation of] the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will baffle and render useless and destroy the learning of the learned and the philosophy of the philosophers and the cleverness of the clever and the discernment of the discerning; I will frustrate and nullify [them] and bring [them] to nothing.

20 Where is the wise man (the philosopher)? Where is the scribe (the scholar)? Where is the investigator (the logician, the debater) of this present time and age? Has not God shown up the nonsense and the folly of this world's wisdom?

21 For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).

22 For while Jews [demandingly] ask for signs and miracles and Greeks pursue philosophy and wisdom,

23 We preach Christ (the Messiah) crucified, [preaching which] to the Jews is a scandal and an offensive stumbling block [that springs a snare or trap], and to the Gentiles it is absurd and utterly unphilosophical nonsense.

24 But to those who are called, whether Jew or Greek (Gentile), Christ [is] the Power of God and the Wisdom of God.

25 [This is] because the foolish thing [that has its source in] God is wiser than men, and the weak thing [that springs] from God is stronger than men.

26 For [simply] consider your own call, brethren; not many [of you were considered to be] wise according to human estimates and standards, not many influential and powerful, not many of high and noble birth.

27 [No] for God selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is foolish to put the wise to shame, and what the world calls weak to put the strong to shame.

28 And God also selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is lowborn and insignificant and branded and treated with contempt, even the things that are nothing, that He might depose and bring to nothing the things that are,

29 So that no mortal man should [have pretense for glorying and] boast in the presence of God.

30 But it is from Him that you have your life in Christ Jesus, Whom God made our Wisdom from God, [revealed to us a knowledge of the divine plan of salvation previously hidden, manifesting itself as] our Righteousness [thus making us upright and putting us in right standing with God], and our Consecration [making us pure and holy], and our Redemption [providing our ransom from eternal penalty for sin].

31 So then, as it is written, Let him who boasts and proudly rejoices and glories, boast and proudly rejoice and glory in the Lord.

The Holy scripture is what I believe in. You ask a question I answered using scripture for what I know to be the best way to describe to you what's in my heart. And if that's not good enough for you, than that's your problem.
You don't want an answer, what you want is to try and dispute anything that is Christian. If your not wise enough to understand that I stand on what Christ said, than it is a waist of time. How can any secular person as yourself comprehend, it's impossible. You don't know, how can you. The ignorant will never know or understand what is spiritual that comes from God through Jesus Christ. So, it is you choice to remain as one of the ignorant ones, and to deny any truth that is presented to, no words can penetrate the hardness that you wear in your whole being. There is no more point in speaking where the devil reigns, let him be your savior for your pride is what holds you prisoner.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by Akragon

I'm done.

thank god...

Yes your god.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

haha, im sorry but you know nothing of truth...

Besides didn't you say "im done"?

Why do you continue to ramble on, you have nothing to teach me and you can't answer the simple question i ask so really whats the point of going on?

I care nothing of your beliefs nor do i want to disprove anything, as i've said to you before... i will not deal with one who freely choses to be blind. SO...

Again...believe what you will, walk your path.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Verses 10 through 12 give you both the purpose and the plan of Christ's sacrifice.

edit on 4-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Jesus spoke more about Hell than anyone in the Bible and about Hell more than any other subject.

Actually, no he didn't. He preached the kingdom of Heaven, where it was, and how to get there. Hell was the present state of those who did not walk in his way. Don't take my word for it of course. Read the Gospels yourself.

If you cannot understand what is being said there, here is someone else more scholarly than I who has done the work. You may find his article enlightening.

Heaven and Hell

The word count in the gospels is as follows: HEAVEN – 130; HELL – 15. Though that is a significant disparity, it does not actually prove anything as to the question at hand. So let’s narrow the search. We’ll take out the references that include the word “Father” as in “Father in heaven.” That means 130 – 28 = 102. So now we’re down to HEAVEN: 102; HELL – 15. That’s still greatly disportionate; so let’s remove the references that include the word “kingdom,” thus 102 – 32 = 70.

Yet all 70 are not the words of Christ, or a reference to heaven as other than sky or space. Now if we take out all references to heaven as sky or space, and only include the words in red, we are down to 31, so it’s now 31 – 15. This is more than fair, especially considering that we are leaving out “Father in heaven” and “kingdom of heaven.” But now of the 31 – 15, how many are duplicates of each (i.e., are quoted by more than one gospel)? That would leave us with HEAVEN – 21; HELL – 10.

I won't even get into the fact that hell was a reference to the garbage heap of Jerusalem...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

You are ignorant of history. The crusades were started by Islamic groups killing Christians as they journeyed to Holy sights.

Actually, friend, it is You that is ignorant of history. The Holy Roman Church sanctioned a group of warrior monks to protect the pilgrims, these became known as the Templar Knights. The Templars made deals with the Muslims, and brought a few things from their culture home to Britain, like chess, for example. This is the beginning of the Crusades.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RIPPLEFX008
I hope my mind always stays open to the endless possibilities of this world and what lies ahead in the coming years.

Indeed my friend! Keep that mind open to ALL possibilities!

Well said post. I am not a Bible thumper either. I am merely finishing a book. At the end, it will no longer be needed for all will understand the Word of God as written on their hearts at birth. Fear is an unknown enemy in my life as it should be in all others. What's the worst that could happen, you die? Life is eternal and indestructible for it is the breath of God. This meat suit is just a temporary habitation. Fear is the destroyer of souls, but does nothing to the indestructible spirit of God.

If mankind understood the very nature of his being, they would fear nothing. It remains a mystery to some for it requires trust in the unprovable, faith in the unknowable, and love for everything.

How many actually have such trust, faith, and love?

Let's ask the crowd this...

If you have trust in God are you willing to release yourself from the confines of your prison of worldly gain by giving all of it up and walking the world bare, trusting that he will provide all you need to survive?

If you have faith in God are you willing to go forth against the false ideals of Government and religion knowing he will keep you safe from harm, and if you should meet harm, it is only to further his plan, and accept it with love?

If you have love for everything is your mind truly free of judgement?

Many can talk the talk my friend, yet so few are willing to walk the walk. Christ showed the way, he spoke the truth, and he lived the life.

If no one else has such faith, trust, and love to do the same, rest assured I do!

And if I can make the step anyone can...

The world is changing quickly my friend. Watch how it changes. You just may be amazed in the end.

1For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. 2And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, 4And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. 5Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise. 6And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? 7They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.

8So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. 9And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. 10But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny. 11And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house, 12Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. 13But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? 14Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. 15Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

Keep your mind open and most especially,

Love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 4-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

*sigh*

Sure, I'll give you the point that He mentioned "HELL" that many times. But what about these terms for Hell which Christ spoke of? Shall we reject them because He uses a term different than "hell"?

1. Everlasting fire
2. Consuming fire
3. Outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
3. The lake burning with fire and brimstone
4. Fire that never shall be quenched
5. Tormenting flame
6. Furnace of fire
7. Everlasting punishment
8. The pit

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Sure, I'll give you the point that He mentioned "HELL" that many times. But what about these terms for Hell which Christ spoke of? Shall we reject them because He uses a term different than "hell"?

1. Everlasting fire
2. Consuming fire
3. Outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
3. The lake burning with fire and brimstone
4. Fire that never shall be quenched
5. Tormenting flame
6. Furnace of fire
7. Everlasting punishment
8. The pit

Let what ever you wish to be your focus of Christ's teachings be your focus. I have already been through hell and ascended to Heaven. I know the difference between the two, and not all that are in Hell desire to be saved from it's torment. You can only lead out those who wish to follow. Those who do not, will remain as long as they like.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 4-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Let what ever you wish to be your focus of Christ's teachings be your focus.

It's not my focus. I merely brought it up for clarity to what Akragon was asking. But when sharing the gospel, if men do not see their sin they have no desire to seek a substitutionary Savior. While a man feels healthy and doesn't think he is sick he will never go to the hospital.

Secondly, Christ wants us to be "fishers of men". Following this analogy different types of fish require different forms of bait. You can't catch catfish with fly fishing bait. Likewise, men are all different. Some men respond to teaching about Hell, while others are turned off from that approach and respond better to love. Everyone is different. What persuades one man may not persuade another person and vice versa.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It's not my focus. I merely brought it up for clarity to what Akragon was asking. But when sharing the gospel, if men do not see their sin they have no desire to seek a substitutionary Savior. While a man feels healthy and doesn't think he is sick he will never go to the hospital.

Secondly, Christ wants us to be "fishers of men". Following this analogy different types of fish require different forms of bait. You can't catch catfish with fly fishing bait. Likewise, men are all different. Some men respond to teaching about Hell, while others are turned off from that approach and respond better to love. Everyone is different. What persuades one man may not persuade another person and vice versa.

Then the difference between us lies in which bait we use. There is wisdom in this. Let us not concern ourselves with the differences in our bait then. You use yours and I'll use mine. All of my fishing is done in the name of Christ so why bother with the choice of bait that catches the fish? Never have I denied his Lordship nor have I claimed to be Jesus. This being the case, one would think they would be overjoyed that a non-christian was doing the work requested of Christ.

23And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 25For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? 26For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. 27But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

This I have done and you and other Christians do not know who I am because I say plainly I am not Christian. Thus I remind you all...

49And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 50And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Do you know me now?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Then the difference between us lies in which bait we use. There is wisdom in this. Let us not concern ourselves with the differences in our bait then. You use yours and I'll use mine. All of my fishing is done in the name of Christ so why bother with the choice of bait that catches the fish? Never have I denied his Lordship nor have I claimed to be Jesus. This being the case, one would think they would be overjoyed that a non-christian was doing the work requested of Christ.

Well, this is just me, but i consider it important to be able to use varying types of bait depending on the situation. And another difference between us might be our "spiritual gifts" if you're also born again. My main gift is prophecy, and as a prophet we tend to be very critical of ourselves, we magnify our own shortcomings and feel very unworthy for the responsibilities given to us. We are also very bold in proclaiming God's Word and for this reason are often abrasive to others. It's just they way we have been gifted, in old times it got us in prison or martyred. Perhaps if you're born again your gift is exhortation and encouragement?

Do you know me now?

Like I've said many times I don't have any personal hatred or animosity towards you as a person or a human soul. My anger and indignation is against false doctrine, or when a person treads God's Word. It's a defense of His Word. I love God's Word because it's the most important thing to Him, the Psalmist even said God magnifies His Word above His own name:

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalm 138:2

And Jesus said men shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds out of the mouth of God..
(Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4)

And Paul says that all of scripture is inspired or "breathed" by God, and God dictated the Torah to Moses Himself. Jesus authenticated the scripture of the prophets as well.

So, in closing, I never have hated you or wished you ill will. My indignation has been on the twisting and slighting of the written Word of God. I have been defending it

edit on 4-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join