It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Heres one for ya.....

whats the difference between having a gay lover....and anal sex with your wife?

Sodomy is a sin right?

YA BUT ONE THEM MAKES YOU GAY AS WELL AS BEING A SIN.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IGOTMOLESTED

I'm actually looking for serious reply's to my questions.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by moleskin
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thanks for the reply Lemon.Fresh - do you have anything backed up by verifiable facts? You know something science can maintain did happen, as, say an act of God?

I trust my own connection to God, vs a book written by man. We cannot prove 100% that the word of Jesus is in fact the word of Jesus - no more than can be proven that Jesus ever truly existed. Scriptures are riddles without direct association and as such are translated to suit agenda.

We don't know 100% what they ever meant, if in fact they ever meant anything. The bible is full of holes, whatever purity/sanctity it had is long gone. I do not see God intervening in the corrupt state the world is in, we haven't seen biblical miracles witnessed or recorded and backed up to be verifiable - instead we are led to believe that the son of an all powerful being was given to the earth and that his father did nothing to save him whilst on the cross...

You can read scripture and religious texts til you are blue in the face, I asked questions I wanted answered from your own mind. So try it, explain god's reasoning in making homosexuality rife in the animal kingdom? Explain where GOD himself has come down from the heavens and in his own words condemned homosexuality, give me the scientific or archaelogical evidence that this is actually Gods will, from his own words, and not the will of the power hungry elite to enslave, divide and thus conquer the populace.

Based on most of those scriptures about "natural use" really haven't we all lost the ability to live naturally? In fact it seems the world is destined to destroy everything that was ever natural and free about the planet.

I my friend have sinned, many times, am far from perfect, but in my sinning have grown as a person to a state of greater purity (my opinion, not the bibles). I have gotten closer to god through my own introspection and experience, not through the riddles of an outdated book. I will most probably continue to sin, for without the wrongs in my life, how will I ever know the rights? And when I am weak I will turn to my godlike source for strength, I will turn to the ancestors whom have departed and I will turn inward. I will not judge and will try to love and respect all, understanding they too are far from perfect, born unto sin, and thus trying to grow. But I will not preach, for who am I to preach laws that are beyond each and every human being alive today?

For there isn't one person alive today that can truly interpret the will of God and not one person who can truly sit in such a state of perfection as to hold judgement over all.

I would applaud this if i knew how

well said my friend

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IGOTMOLESTED

I was going to take umbrage with your position on this issue but then I remembered... CAPS LOCK MAKES YOU AUTOMATICALLY RIGHT.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

This is a great thought and very well written It is one of the best answers I have ever heard when it comes to talking about the interpretation of some of the Bible. It kinda in a way answered the questions that I said as well. Thanks.

edit on 3-3-2011 by shamaniski because: forgot

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Would someone please tell me how this topic is a "conspiracy"?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
How come it isnt showing the original script of the original poster when I reply to them anymore?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
you need to quote the OP for it to show up..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
[quoted off-topic'd post removed]

heaven ya!! I was really serious though when I posted about masturbation and received a good reply on how the interpretation of the bible has so many variables. Remember it was written by humans through gods revelation. This means that some of it was the interpretation of the writer too.

edit on 3/3/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Heres a thought that might get me shot

Supposidly...jesus was a virgin right?

What if he was gay....?

edit on 3-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join