It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Bible teaches about homosexuality.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
BUT GOD DIDNT WRITE ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE?
PEOPLE DID.
UNEDUCATED GOAT HERDERS.
AND YOU STILL READ IT LIKE ITS RELEVANT LOL.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IGOTMOLESTED

That is the best First post i've ever seen on this forum.....Touche brother

Im happy to give you your first star!

edit on 3-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
. . .

Being a parent isn't judgeing your child its teaching them and guiding them...

I teach and guide them. And I judge them when they do not do what is right and proper by what I have taught them.

It is not rocket science here.

If you teach your child not to be gay, yet he still is because its in his nature, would you consider that being a good parent?

When the child is out of my household, my job of teaching and judging is done.

If the child does not do as I taught them, that is on their soul. Not mine.

Does it mean I love them less? Absolutely not. Does me loving them mean I condone their actions? Absolutely not.

Yes you would....you wouldn't have a choice in the matter because he was born that way regardless of what you taught, as is the case for my friend which i mentioned.

We were born into sin. It is our duty to turn from sin.

And by the way...God doesn't say differently like you stated, man says differently. God didn't write the bible, that is a fact beyond any arguement. Inspired by God or not, its not written by him... If you ask, who will you trust God or me, well im not God....but niether is the bible....

Jesus is God. He said:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 5:17-20

The Law is Torah. Torah is teh first five books of the Bible, which Leviticus is in.

Oh my my.

As i've said over and over.......God isn't in a book.

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

WHY THANK YOU GOOD SIR.
ITS LIKE THAT DUDE WITH THE BEARD TOLD ME TO COME HERE AND DROP LOGIC BOMBS OF LOVE ON THESE GODDIES.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

FUnny you say uneducated goat herders.

You do know that Kings wrote some books as well.

You also do know that the children were/are taught to read Torah, and must read a sizable portion on their 13 birthday.

Perhaps you are the uneducated one.

I mean . . . they wrote a 66 books that were bound as one . . . and has lasted over 2000 years.

What have you done?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

. . .

Being a parent isn't judgeing your child its teaching them and guiding them...

I teach and guide them. And I judge them when they do not do what is right and proper by what I have taught them.

It is not rocket science here.

If you teach your child not to be gay, yet he still is because its in his nature, would you consider that being a good parent?

When the child is out of my household, my job of teaching and judging is done.

If the child does not do as I taught them, that is on their soul. Not mine.

Does it mean I love them less? Absolutely not. Does me loving them mean I condone their actions? Absolutely not.

Yes you would....you wouldn't have a choice in the matter because he was born that way regardless of what you taught, as is the case for my friend which i mentioned.

We were born into sin. It is our duty to turn from sin.

And by the way...God doesn't say differently like you stated, man says differently. God didn't write the bible, that is a fact beyond any arguement. Inspired by God or not, its not written by him... If you ask, who will you trust God or me, well im not God....but niether is the bible....

Jesus is God. He said:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 5:17-20

The Law is Torah. Torah is teh first five books of the Bible, which Leviticus is in.

Oh my my.

As i've said over and over.......God isn't in a book.

Link

Gesus, i thought i said no bible quotes.....

Perhaps you should look up what it means to judge another person... You don't judge your children my friend you correct them....that is not judgement.

Jesus is not, was not...God...he was a normal man who understood God more so then any man....

Jesus also told you the laws of the Torah are no longer Valid....

And....read your own quote....

" have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven..."

The law is this...NOT the 10 which you're trying to throw at me....but this as quoted by your "God"

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again

And again, who are you to judge any man, or even your children.....that is not your place

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You also do know that the children were/are taught to read Torah, and must read a sizable portion on their 13 birthday.

I mean . . . they wrote a 66 books that were bound as one . . . and has lasted over 2000 years.

What have you done?

who are you kidding........

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I really dont hate homosexuals, just as I couldnt hate a pedophile. I believe that any person that strays from the inate urge to procreate is indeed suffering from a mental illness and needs help. MRI scans have even detected anomalies in the hypothalumus of sufferers who do not engage in man to women sex, whether it is beastiality, homosexuality or pedophilic urges. We are bound by our animal instincts to reproduce to ensure the survival of the species, if our quest for pleasure trumps this desire, there is something not quite right with our thinking. Of course the sufferer of any of these mental problems would deny the biological differences occuring in their brains, just as a psychopath would fail to admit he is crazy, that is the problem with a mental illness. I think that more study should be done in the area of sexual attraction to work out what is really going on. Not only to prevent sickos from messing with our kids, but to defend the notion that these people all choose to be this way. No one would choose such a life of trouble and torment if they actually had an option. God likes it God doesnt like it, I dont really give a rats arse, I just wish the scientific community would spend a little more time investigating this age old debate.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IGOTMOLESTED

WHY THANK YOU GOOD SIR.
ITS LIKE THAT DUDE WITH THE BEARD TOLD ME TO COME HERE AND DROP LOGIC BOMBS OF LOVE ON THESE GODDIES.

hahaha...Awesome!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

What have you done?

YO DO KNOW THAT PAULY SHORE WROTE A BOOK TO.
ANY IDIOT OR IDIOTS CAN WRITE A BOOK.
SO CHILDREN ARE BRAINWASHED INTO READING LITERATURE THEIR TOO YOUNG TO EVEN COMPREHEND?
THATS SUPER.
WHAT HAVE I DONE?
I SPOKE TO GOD HIMSELF ONE TIME AT A PARTY AND HE TOLD ME THE ONLY PEOPLE HIS ISNT GOING TO RAPTURISE IS COOL DUDES LIKE ME BECAUSE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN THE WORD OF GOATHERDERS AS REALITY.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The Bible is also against Masturbation. Well everyone masturbates so we are all going to be held accountable for that?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Let me put a different spin on this discussion so people might comprehend what im trying to say....i didn't honestly think it was this complicated ffs...

No man has the right to judge another...they walk their path. And you throwing negitive vibes at said gay person does nothing to him, means nothing to him...he(she?) knows who they are and what they like.

Why do you care what their sexual preference is.......if the bible was never written you wouldn't have anything to say to these people because it would have been accepted by society long ago which it was already in some societies even back then!

On the other hand by judgeing them you produce negitive Karma for yourself, which means one day it will come back to you and that is garenteed, and it even says so in your bible.

As i've said before, Love everyone as you love yourselves.........its the only way, its Gods way! Denying this is denying the words of your diety (jesus) who.....once again.....was.....not....God.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski
The Bible is also against Masturbation. Well everyone masturbates so we are all going to be held accountable for that?

UH OH.
IM IN HUUUUUUGE TROUBLE.....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

UH OH.
IM IN HUUUUUUGE TROUBLE.....

Same!! *hides*

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Let me put a different spin on this discussion so people might comprehend what im trying to say....i didn't honestly think it was this complicated ffs...

No man has the right to judge another...they walk their path.

STOPPED READING RIGHT THERE.
CAUGHT A LOGIC BOMB RIGHT IN THE DOMEPIECE AND NEEDED A BREATHER.
THERES YOUR ANSWER FOR ALL YOU MUPPETS READING UP IN THIS PIECE.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I mean I know of some religious groups that are against masturbation but I honestly don't get how you can not have premarital sex, not masturbate, not look upon attractive woman with intent of sex, I mean I just don't get how one person would be able to avoid doing all these things maybe 1 of the 3 but common everyone masturbates. Am I wrong? and the bible condemns it as a sin.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I mean I know of some religious groups that are against masturbation but I honestly don't get how you can not have premarital sex, not masturbate, not look upon attractive woman with intent of sex, I mean I just don't get how one person would be able to avoid doing all these things maybe 1 of the 3 but common everyone masturbates. Am I wrong? and the bible condemns it as a sin.

SIMPLE ANSWER.
THE ONES WHO DONT WANT THE LADIES ARE GAY.
THE ONES WHO DO BUT PRETEND THEY DONT BECOME PRIESTS.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Heres one for ya.....

whats the difference between having a gay lover....and anal sex with your wife?

Sodomy is a sin right?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thanks for the reply Lemon.Fresh - do you have anything backed up by verifiable facts? You know something science can maintain did happen, as, say an act of God?

I trust my own connection to God, vs a book written by man. We cannot prove 100% that the word of Jesus is in fact the word of Jesus - no more than can be proven that Jesus ever truly existed. Scriptures are riddles without direct association and as such are translated to suit agenda.

We don't know 100% what they ever meant, if in fact they ever meant anything. The bible is full of holes, whatever purity/sanctity it had is long gone. I do not see God intervening in the corrupt state the world is in, we haven't seen biblical miracles witnessed or recorded and backed up to be verifiable - instead we are led to believe that the son of an all powerful being was given to the earth and that his father did nothing to save him whilst on the cross...

You can read scripture and religious texts til you are blue in the face, I asked questions I wanted answered from your own mind. So try it, explain god's reasoning in making homosexuality rife in the animal kingdom? Explain where GOD himself has come down from the heavens and in his own words condemned homosexuality, give me the scientific or archaelogical evidence that this is actually Gods will, from his own words, and not the will of the power hungry elite to enslave, divide and thus conquer the populace.

Based on most of those scriptures about "natural use" really haven't we all lost the ability to live naturally? In fact it seems the world is destined to destroy everything that was ever natural and free about the planet.

I my friend have sinned, many times, am far from perfect, but in my sinning have grown as a person to a state of greater purity (my opinion, not the bibles). I have gotten closer to god through my own introspection and experience, not through the riddles of an outdated book. I will most probably continue to sin, for without the wrongs in my life, how will I ever know the rights? And when I am weak I will turn to my godlike source for strength, I will turn to the ancestors whom have departed and I will turn inward. I will not judge and will try to love and respect all, understanding they too are far from perfect, born unto sin, and thus trying to grow. But I will not preach, for who am I to preach laws that are beyond each and every human being alive today?

For there isn't one person alive today that can truly interpret the will of God and not one person who can truly sit in such a state of perfection as to hold judgement over all.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

SIMPLE ANSWER.
THE ONES WHO DONT WANT THE LADIES ARE GAY.
THE ONES WHO DO BUT PRETEND THEY DONT BECOME PRIESTS.

Oh damn!!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join