It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a very interesting experience around 3am!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Your killing me. Did you ever think of the song? Now I can't get "If your happy and you know it" song outta my head. And I'm NOT happy about that.

Off to watch Ghost Hunters.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Are you sure it wasn;t Dawn Knock Three Times (dont ask me how I know that song, I'm only twenty nine.)

Sorry. I couldn't resist

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sooo...just an update. My cat has been OVERLY staring at my bathroom/closed bedroom door. They are beside eachother.

Not sure if this is just a coincidence...but, he doesn't act like this normally. He's constantly staring at it, or watching it, like he hears something or sees something I dont. Just throwing that out there.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I constantly used to hear sounds of banging at my door and or people shouting my name just I was on the edge of falling asleep it's one of the more common hypnagogic hallucinations

Hypnagogic imagery is often auditory or has an auditory component. Like the visuals, hypnagogic sounds vary in intensity from faint impressions to loud noises, such as crashes and bangs (exploding head syndrome). People may imagine their own name called or a doorbell ringing. Snatches of imagined speech are common. While typically nonsensical and fragmented, these speech events can occasionally strike the individual as apt comments on—or summations of—their thoughts at the time. They often contain word play, neologisms and made-up names. Hypnagogic speech may manifest as the subject's own "inner voice", or as the voices of others: familiar people or strangers. More rarely, poetry or music is heard.[28]

Even though it used to happen to me a lot it still scared me every single time

hypnagogia

Edit to add
I've more or less run the gamut of available sleep based hallucinations from visual to screaming in my sleep right up to full on visitation type sleep paralysis, it's never much fun
edit on 3-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I want to ask you about having noise so you do not hear or see things just before you fall asleep. Sometimes I see people I do not know, in that twilight area between awake, and sleeping. Do you have any idea what this is called, or what causes it? I have to have noise also to sleep. Ive heard noise, and knocking, but have put it down to this old house settling, Nothing distinct like you have had.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

You just answered my question as I was posting it. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

ectopic pregnancy....potential.

hope you're okay

be careful

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've never had an experience as outright weird as yours, but I have heard sounds come from downstairs at night. I usually just attribute it to the house settling, but last night, I heard what I can only describe as a snapping sound from the front hall, then four or five soft footfalls (very faint) from the stairs. Only me and my dad were in the house at the time, and he had gone to bed hours earlier. It's probably nothing, but I thought I'd mention it.

Another time, when I was about 12, I was in my bed at night, and I heard breathing coming from next to me, about 4 inches from my right ear. It got louder and quicker, until I called out. It stopped immediately. Never heard anything like that since then.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Was it your front door? Was probably some kids playing "knock and run".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join