It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a very interesting experience around 3am!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hey all,

I just realised, as I typed the title, that it was around the "witching hour" that this happened.

Anyhow, if you look at my previous posts, I've given you a glimpse into my life and my past experiences with the "paranormal".

Last night I passed out on my couch, watching a show on my computer. I rarely sleep alone, but my partner was gone for the evening, so, it was just me and my cats.

I woke up at some point, and shut off my monitor since it was still on from the show that had already ended, then laid down back on the couch and began to drift once again.

Now, I need to hear sound to sleep. Usually television, a radio...or something. Oddly enough, I hear voices or see images when I'm on the brink of passing out completely, and I seem to be able to avoid those when I am watching a television show or listening to the radio.

Anyhow, I didn't have anything on when I went to pass out a second time. I remember playing a song in my head, apparently from the bible, although I am not religious, kind of like a show toon, but not a show toon. It was playing in my head like sort of a "da da da" song, rather than an actually recorded song.

Anyhow, as I lay there, playing this song in my head, the end came. As the last 3 beats were about to come, I heard 3 loud knocks on my bedroom door (which is accessable from my living room, where I was laying down).

They completely coincided with the song in my head, like there was somone on the other side of the door, listening to me play the song in my head, and finishing it off with the 3 knocks. And they were loud knocks.

I immediately got up, and went into my room thinking maybe my partner had come home while I was passed out previously....but no. I was still alone.

So needless to say I slept with the light on in my room for the rest of the evening. I wouldn't say I was frightened, as I am "used to" these things happening in and around my life, but I was definitely not willing to exacerbate the fear level by sleeping in the dark.

Anyhow, very interesting experience. I cant remember the song I was singing, but I'm going to try and look it up now. I remember thinking it was a song from the Bible, and I'm not religious...so I guess I'll start there.

My memory is terrible, which I personally think has something to do with the psychic in me. But thats another story.

Anyhow, great to let it out and keep a record!

Edit: The song was something to similar to "If you're happy and you know it" type of a song. That type of beat, hence the knocks finishing off the song.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

I will say that my experience at 3 am was more interesting.

My wife was snoring. I only say this because there is no post to start your thread.

Edit to add: I did not give you that star.
edit on 2-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I will say that my experience at 3 am was more interesting.

My wife was snoring. I only say this because there is no post to start your thread.

Edit to add: I did not give you that star.

Sorry about that, hit enter instead of tab

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I hate when that happens.

Okay, I read your story now. I always chalked those type of experiences up to 'the mind playing tricks'.

I have had that exact experience before.

P.S. Now I gave you a star.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
damnit, the same happened to me...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I hate when that happens.

Okay, I read your story now. I always chalked those type of experiences up to 'the mind playing tricks'.

I have had that exact experience before.

Well considering the sound we hear is only neurons firing in our brains, which could I suppose be produced within us rather than from an outside source, I definitely agree that it IS a possibility.

However, with my past experiences with the paranormal, I feel that it was more than just my "mind playing tricks". I was consciously aware of the song I was singing as I tried to fall asleep, and the consciously aware of the knocks.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Oh, I am speaking to this exact occurrence, not every experience. I have had paranormal experiences.
It is just that I have experienced this exact thing, and I don't believe that it was paranormal, in my case. I can't speak to your particular experience.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I for one don't doubt that you really heard the knocks. If you have a history of these kinds of things I think it fits in with a pattern. Mostly this stuff seems to be harmless, but still sort of messing with you in a dark way. I personally think that these things mean you harm, but they just don't have the power to really inflict it unless you give it to them.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My dream.. Was scary.

It was revolving around my girlfriend and a theoretical pregnancy. Well, about 4/5 into her pregnancy, a random guy contacted me and the only words he would say were, "Your child cannot be born." We went on with the pregnancy, thinking nothing to what the guy had to say to us. Afterwards, i got pushed straight to the birthday of the baby. Up to this point I could tell subconsciously that this was a dream due to it's.. unreal nature. However, at this one moment, everything became 100% more real, and it was like I was pulled into the dream. Everything stopped, and everyone in the delivery room looked at me and said, "We are made of sin." And just continued to repeat that over, and over, and over. When they stopped, my girlfriend looked at me and said, "You are made of sin."

I woke up, and when I did, it felt like there was a 100lb weight on my chest. I couldn't breathe, and I was already out of breath. As I got up, my TV went to static, and when it came back on, it was at max volume.

That dream was quite insane. Your experience seems very similar to some I have at a point. I hear explosions sometimes due to the things I am dreaming, and I think they are real.. However nothing.

-Zarathustria

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

I for one don't doubt that you really heard the knocks. If you have a history of these kinds of things I think it fits in with a pattern. Mostly this stuff seems to be harmless, but still sort of messing with you in a dark way. I personally think that these things mean you harm, but they just don't have the power to really inflict it unless you give it to them.

I think that on first glance people would assume this was a dark, tricky experience. Someone messing with me from "the other side of the veil".

However, I yearn for these experiences, and for the acknowledgement of the other side. I always tell people who do experience these harmless activities, to GO WITH IT! Explore, investigate what it was...find some answers.

We are the pioneers into this other realm of existence...and we arent going to find it by sitting around and being scared all the time.

So, I think this was more of an acknowledgement for me. "Yeah, we're still here."

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Have always wondered why any spirit/entity etc would have to "adhere" or even recognize such a man made convention as a timepiece.
Are there hordes of anxious entities just waiting at the "gates" for 3 am, much like a scene of awaiting patrons in a queue for the opening of the latest roller coaster
Was it a general free for all for the ancient evil ones before the first time piece was crafted by mankind?
Or did that other dimension have clocks before man did?
Is that what hell really is, a giant maze of metal hand rails designed to slow the masses of entities crashing through to get to the "ride"?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarathustria
My dream.. Was scary.

It was revolving around my girlfriend and a theoretical pregnancy. Well, about 4/5 into her pregnancy, a random guy contacted me and the only words he would say were, "Your child cannot be born." We went on with the pregnancy, thinking nothing to what the guy had to say to us. Afterwards, i got pushed straight to the birthday of the baby. Up to this point I could tell subconsciously that this was a dream due to it's.. unreal nature. However, at this one moment, everything became 100% more real, and it was like I was pulled into the dream. Everything stopped, and everyone in the delivery room looked at me and said, "We are made of sin." And just continued to repeat that over, and over, and over. When they stopped, my girlfriend looked at me and said, "You are made of sin."

I woke up, and when I did, it felt like there was a 100lb weight on my chest. I couldn't breathe, and I was already out of breath. As I got up, my TV went to static, and when it came back on, it was at max volume.

That dream was quite insane. Your experience seems very similar to some I have at a point. I hear explosions sometimes due to the things I am dreaming, and I think they are real.. However nothing.

-Zarathustria

Definitely a very interesting dream. I personally think its very hard to discern the true visions in dreams, through our own mind just doing whatever it is that it does when we sleep.

I know someone who is constantly "Attacked" by spirits or "Jinn" in his dreams. Same Jinn comes to him since he was a child, in different forms, people he loves ect. He often has to be woken up from his dreams, as he is screaming and calling for help in the real world.

I believe alot of our dreams are influenced by our surroundings and current life experience. So he could be creating these dreams from that fear, that, "I'm going to have another bad dream tonight". OR...he could actually be being visited by these Jinn. I think its a fine line, and nobody knows for sure - however, I think it is often both.

In my case last night, I know I was not dreaming. I was trying to fall asleep, humming this song in my head. Pretty sure my cats freaked out aswell, but I cannot remember for sure, which is why I didn't post it in my original thread.

Great dream though.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticlevision
Have always wondered why any spirit/entity etc would have to "adhere" or even recognize such a man made convention as a timepiece.
Are there hordes of anxious entities just waiting at the "gates" for 3 am, much like a scene of awaiting patrons in a queue for the opening of the latest roller coaster
Was it a general free for all for the ancient evil ones before the first time piece was crafted by mankind?
Or did that other dimension have clocks before man did?
Is that what hell really is, a giant maze of metal hand rails designed to slow the masses of entities crashing through to get to the "ride"?

I completely agree. I only posted the "witching hour" thing, as I know it is a commonly believed phenomena. I think the belief behind it is that the veil that distinguishes our two worlds is at its most vulnerable to be crossed through around that time. I have no idea though. I dont necessarily believe in it, as the experiences I have happen any time of the day.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think it's called Ideophony, but Im not sure. To hear sounds or music or bells with no apparent source.

I dont strictly believe in Paranormal Phenomena or to put it in other words I think most of them could be explained through perception (even unmapped brain perception qualities).

I once heard three TERRIBLE hits on the living room floor just after my (first and last) camping ouija experience. that was back in 2002.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Reminds me of a time a few years back, when I was first getting into meditation.
I went to bed one night but couldn't sleep, about 3am I head three distinct knocks at the front door. I got up to investigate.
Reaching the top of the stairs I stooped to look at the front door (which had frosted glass panels so I could see if anyone was there). Nobody was there...
I don't necessarily believe what my eyes tell me so I decided to say in my head; you are welcome to come in if you are good by my standards, not if you are bad.
I climbed back into bed next to my girlfriend of the time.
Half an hour or so must've passed before I heard a deep voice, very clear, in my right ear (I was lied on my back so it's as if whatever it was was right next to the bed). I wasn't startled at all, I knew that I'd only invited something pure/good into the house in my head earlier and I didn't feel any foreboding feeling so I just listened.
The voice continued to speak clearly as I listened intently for over ten minutes... Only problem was, I couldn't understand the language, it sounded part middle-eastern/part spanish with some other kind of tones in there that were almost tribal african (some sort of click – though this was very occasional).
As the voice continued I couldn't shake the feeling that they were instructions or some sort of message, and what started to freak me out was why I couldn't understand what was being said... It almost seemed as if I'd heard and understood the language at some point, somewhere, but I just couldn't remember. I stopped trying to understand and let the words flow through me, I felt much more relaxed not trying to understand the words, just hearing them.
The voice stopped as abruptly as it started, and I slept soundly for the rest of the night.
I mentioned it to the girlfriend the following morning and she just dismissed it as a dream...
“Fair play” I said, “Like the dream of the two UFOs we saw at the back of my brother's house last year, when you urged me to come inside 'cause you were scared.... That was a dream too, wasn't it?”
“I don't want to talk about that” she said.
I smiled and continued to get ready for work.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

lol Great story.

The corrolation between our stories is the most perplexing for me.

I've always believe in the other side. Whatever that means. And its always been a question for me "Can they hear our thoughts? Or do we have audibly speak to communicate?".

It seems in your story, and them finishing the song I was playing in my head, would confirm that yes, they can. Which is astounding.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I've had other experiences too, where I've said something (not out loud) and an answer has immediately presented itself, either by me changing the channel on TV (doesn't happen often as I don't watch much TV) or some other external thing, like a friend saying something unexpected in conversation and answering my question pretty much directly. Its humbling when it happens and always serves to strengthen my respect for what I don't understand. It keeps me from becoming complacent on my journey or arrogant in any way... Someone, somewhere is watching, listening and helping. Kinda feeds the soul every time I think about it.
There are times when I've invited the wrong sort of attention. I was a doubter at the time, and was told by someone I know to scream out at the night sky – in my head, not out loud – to scream out: “bring it on, show me the worst you've got” (ps. DON'T EVER DO IT – especially if you mean it. Trust me on this). It was no biggie for me at the time as I was a 'non-believer' as it were, and had denied all the experiences I'd had in my childhood as just tricks of the mind.
Later that night as I lay on the couch I fell into a dream, one which I awakened from (Thank God) just at the right time. It was 2.22am. And I've been seeing those numbers ever since... 9 years and counting.
edit on 2/3/11 by iamahumandoing because: addition

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I had a weird experience last night. I was listening to Solfeggio frequency's last night in order to be in harmony.
I wrapped my earphones around my Ipod and put it next to where I sleep.
I wake up in the morning to see that my earphones are around my neck, in the perfect position to kill me.
I was like wtf....it seemed as if a part of what I done was not accounted into real-time or something it seemed really #ed up to me. =S

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just had the worst day I can imagine; around 4:30 a.m. this morning I woke up out of a sound sleep with a knife-like pain stabbing me in the back under my left shoulder blade. It was so severe that I had to get out of bed and then I nearly fell to the floor with a rush of vertigo! What a mess I have been all day, I couldn't even take the dogs outside.

My partner stayed home from work because I could barely walk and the pain was excruciating; I am only now feeling relaxed enough to sit with no pain but my neck is wry and all my joints hurt like hell! (I laugh when I am going through extreme pain).

The thing is that as it happened I remember thinking this odd thing to myself, "a Demon just jumped on my back". What an odd thing to think about, although I do have personal Demons I have never actually thought something resided in me as I seemed to have announced this morning; I caught myself using GOD's name in vain a few times today and I feel horrible about it because it seemed to come from deep within.

I certainly hope I can sleep tonight! I feel like I got attacked or something. I am just now getting online for the first time today because I couldn't sit here at my desk. It took me all day to finally warm up, I even soaked in the Sun and finally got myself warm; it was as if I could not regulate my body temperature at all today.

Dang Demons!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
when you hear the knocking,
once, they knock and wait,
standing by the gate,
Twice they knock,
They growl inside and hate,
Wake up!
Third time, they knock, its too late.
Wake up!

new topics