It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict Exonerates Jews For Jesus' Death In New Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Pope Benedict Exonerates Jews For Jesus' Death In New Book

www.huffingtonpost.com

Pope Benedict XVI has made a sweeping exoneration of the Jewish people for the death of Jesus Christ in a new book, tackling one of the most controversial issues in Christianity.

Benedict uses a biblical and theological analysis to explain why it is not true that the Jewish people as a whole were responsible for Jesus' death.

"It may be an obvious thing for Jews to present texts with commentaries, but normally with church magisterium, they present a document," he said. "This is a pedagogic
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sure why not.
No problem, but why now?

I don't see any problem with not blaming jews for the murder of someone who probably didn't exist in the first place.

But I think that the reason why he did is perhaps due to pressure of asking Israel to stop illegal settlement activity.

At the end of the day, anything that the Vatican says nowadays should raise eyebrows, and that's what I'm doing.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
wait...didn't the ROMANS kill jesus?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The official church document that actually exonerated the Jews for the death of Christ was entitled Nostra Aetate... and it was written decades ago if not a century ago.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Why now? Because the tyrants are being usurped in Arab nations....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
wait...didn't the ROMANS kill jesus?

It was kind of a COLLABORATION, with the Romans basically being the fall guys.

Because too many people were starting to believe Jesus might be the prophesied Messiah, and because they were afraid they would lose their power and control over the people, and their high positions, the Jewish powers of the time wanted Jesus to be killed, but I believe it was against their laws, so they manipulated the Romans into doing it.

Actually Pontius Pilate did everything he could to AVOID putting Jesus to death, including giving the general Jewish population a choice of which prisoner to pardon, Jesus, who had done nothing wrong, or a criminal terrorist named Barabbas, but the people were agitated into choosing the criminal to be pardoned instead.

I also wonder why this is happening at this time, and I also have my theory about this.

edit on 2-3-2011 by sezsue because: clarify

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

Pilate mocked the crowd. He didn't avoid anything. The whole washing the hands thing wasn't even a Roman custom.

The crowd would have even been more confused when asked if Bar Abbas or Jesus should be released. Of course they asked for Bar Abbas to be released. Bar Abbas means in Aramaic the Son of the Father.

If people really want to have a look at Pilate's mindset read some of the historical documents about him. He was a very cruel and sadistic person.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Revelations 16:19, 18:2,3

Unfortunately, along with the fall of the Vatican, other religious freedoms of expression will probably go down with her. We are really seeing a shift from Jesus as the Savior to Zion and the UN. I can honestly believe that soon it will be against the law to worship as a Christian, because Jesus' philosophies don't seem to fit the NWO agenda.

new topics

top topics

join