It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Two U.S soldiers killed at Frankfurt, Germany, airport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boondock, perhaps you can help me. What does the country of Kosovo have to do with the Thread? The thread is about a lone gunman firing on American soldiers in Germany.

Germany for many years has welcomed American settlement around the military bases there... so I don't understand MuzzleFlash's point of view either.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My point of view is that maintaining a global military empire network is TOO EXPENSIVE.

And America needs to fix it's own nation, instead of everyone else's...

We just can't afford to do this anymore.

Germany is one of the military's central command positions. It's totally relevant.

Shouldn't we be evaluating an exit strategy after 65 years??

Do Germans NEED us? Are they that weak?
I don't think so!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Didn't U.S help liberate Kosovo?.... Wow.

No. U.S. help to steal Kosovo from Serbia .

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Boondock, perhaps you can help me. What does the country of Kosovo have to do with the Thread? The thread is about a lone gunman firing on American soldiers in Germany.

did u not read the post by HK that stated
the initial report claimed the shooter was
from Kosovo.

That makes it relevant to the op
and on-topic

Could we talk about a 9/11 thread without
mentioning Saudi Arabia since majority
of the alleged hijackers were from Saudi ???

edit on 3/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So MONEY is more important than strategic military posistioning and World relations?

Our dollar is already DEAD. Why would we pull all of our soldiers from different countries?

If anything they will want to stay in Germany while the U.S. tightens the noose

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well actually, in my first post in this thread, I pointed out the fact that I already knew he was from Kosovo.

What I was asking you, more specifically, was how does where a shooter is from have to do with anything. For example, Timothy McVeigh is from AMERICA. and So are YOU... Does that make America a terrorist state?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Does that make America a terrorist state?

No. Other things do tho.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
They don't really want us in their land.

This is a common misconception. The people of Germany may not want US soldiers stationed there. And Americans may want our boys and girls back home....but I believe the governments of these countries, perhaps not all, most certainly DO want us there.

There is more to having soldiers stationed on foreign land than just waiting by the ready in case someone else attacks.

Look at how much money we spend on Intel, weapons upgrades, etc. Now look how much other countries are saving by our "payment" of use of this base by turning over all of this information.

Further, with the current level of discord in the the Middle East, I doubt now would be the time for foreign governments to begin demanding we evacuate. Keep in mind, we can reach a lot of places much more quickly stationed elsewhere than solely the US. Yes, spaced-based weapons have lessened the need for direct face-to-face conflict, but it certainly hasn't eliminated it altogether...at least not yet. We still have soldiers on the ground in Afganistan for a reason. (Whether you think it's to fight the good fight OR to merely better enable us to completely takeover Afganistan, it doesn't matter. The point is that we still need to be on the ground to accomplish either).

If countries from around the world begin demanding our soldiers leave their land....watch out. Because then we would be in for some BIG problems.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Seems there was another thread about the same time...

It was a bus with US soldiers on it being fired upon...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Sounds like Donald Trump's campaign strategy. He, if he officially runs, believes that all foreign countries should pay us for our military services and if they don't we should leave.

While this sounds good, it, in my opinion, would wreak havoc on our foreign relations policies.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'll be dropping my wife of at Ramstein then dropping my son off at Landstul DoD school, then on to my Army base in the morning. Will let you fine folks know if there is anything different or if I hear anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Things like this will always happen if we are over in their lands. It ain't worth it.

While I agree with you muzzleflash, I can't help but to facepalm to the above quoted text. Radical Islamists will always find a reason to hate Americans and the west in general. If it's not for the war in their nations, it's supporting Israel or something else.

Also, even if we're not in *their* lands, they're still in our *lands*. Multiculturalism has failed, several Euro leaders have admitted that. Time to accept it and stop immigration as a whole, or at least limit it. European countries have been *who they are* for centuries unlike America. Immigration is cultural genocide for everyone involved. Both for the host country and the immigrants themselves.

/politically incorrect

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You are not being politically incorrect. I am the politically incorrect one.

I am willing to spit in the face of our entire global strategy and request to pull out.

Politically Correct is using the fear-mongering position that if we pull out, all hell breaks loose.

I am going against the flow here.

So don't act like your pro-occupation agenda is politically incorrect. No it's hard-line political correctness.

Even Liberals Agree. Keep our soldiers in those countries because they are afraid of potential problems.

I am a Constitutionalist though. I know it's a really difficult position for both Liberals and Conservatives to understand. They are too dependent on sucking the teet of world police protectionism.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So MONEY is more important than strategic military posistioning and World relations?

No, but I figured it was a decent angle worth a shot since that's all anyone else seems to care about.

I guess I will have to try other angles or arguments.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just imagine the phone calls going out to families right now.

Those poor folks are getting the horrific news about their loved ones being shot.

This is a tragedy.

I am just sick and tired of these families having to make the GREATEST SACRIFICE for what???

For world police protectionism? Please, consider the costs, it's not worth it.

These soldiers enlisted to fight for freedom and to defend our liberty. But instead they are fighting for global corporatism and defending the bottom line $$$$.

It's not worth it.

Let's focus on America, and bring these boys/gals back home.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Its a complex problem ,when you think about it ,if the oil distribution gets effected from saudi because of all this weird stuff,the gas goes up even more,its like propaganda to make us all afraid of the consequences of deminished oil supply and its real affects to us all.
It would be a easy solution to pull out but not when it comes to business sense,usual money makes the world go round,its BS in the end,foriegn policies doctured for money making ventures.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ok I live in Frankfurt and worked at the Airport for a couple of months. There are always lots of US/Nato Soldiers there coming from Afganistan goin back home or coming from the States going to the War. I believe the Soldiers on the Bus were either coming or going. There used to be the Rhein Main Airbase run by the US Airforce right next to the Frankfurt Internation Airport but it was closed down some years ago.

I was shocked to hear about what happend today. I also have Family in the Military.. But in general the Germans get along very well with the Americans. Most of the large Housing areas in Frankfurt have been closed and most troops have been stationed in other places in the world. There still are some large bases in Germany like Ramstein Airbase, Wiesbaden and Mannheim I believe.

Lets just wait and see wait the motive was.. I would NOT rule out some sort of terrorist motive. Since the Shooter is from Kosovo..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

It costs trillions to stay overseas.

To protect those trillions coming in!

Haha!

If we didn't waste all that money on logistics to stay there, we wouldn't need to protect that much assets in the first place to pay for the occupations.

It's a self defeating system.

It doesn't matter if I want out. We will be broke soon and we will collapse anyways from the weight of our global obligations.

I just think we should start getting prepared for that inevitability.

Unless we just decide to go all out and take resources directly. Than I guess we can keep paying for all this mess, but we will have to massacre a lot of people to accomplish that big resource grab!

Make a resource grab to protect the ability to make resource grabs.
It's just like going to work so you can afford gas so you can go to work tomorrow.
Spend all your life busting butt but end up never gaining a single inch forward.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok, this Thread is total off topic... Good Bye..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
Ok, this Thread is total off topic... Good Bye..

You think it is off topic to discuss the ramifications and precedents that led to this incident in the first place?

I don't. I think they are intimately connected. If our foreign policy was not so messed up, these two kids might still be alive today. Ever consider that?

I am looking towards preventing this happening again. That's my fanciful wishes, at least...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join