It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cemtrails? or clouds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I live in a rural part of Indiana. That being said the skies are normally clear if not (snowing or raining).

Every now and again I will wake up going to work, and see cem/contrails. My understanding is contrails disappear almost instantly, but chem trails linger in the air for hours and hours.

The point to all of this is. I watch the weather channel and also check it on my ipod. The days it is clear it really is clear, but the past 2 days the weather has said mostly clear and sunny. When they say mostly clear or mostly sunny I see an abundance of trails in the sky. That are not actually clouds you can see where the trails go all the way across the sky.

I am not the best at making threads so excuse my grammar and spelling. I just wanted to get some input on your area when they say party sunny or mostly sunny.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Normal contrails can indeed last for hours under the right conditions. "chemtrails" don't, they linger and spread out into light cloud cover.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Probably, when they say "partly sunny" is because humidity levels in certain layers of the atmosphere makes weather analysts think there are high possibilities for clouds to compact, but not in a 100% overcast of the sky.

For that reason some contrails and jet exhaust may dissipate slower than usual.

On the picture I see two regular contrails and what I think can identify as altocirrus type of clouds.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I counted quite a few over the whole sky. In the picture there are 3 tho making an x off camera, and 1 going off in its own direction. This is the second day of partly sunny with the same painted sky with trails.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Normal contrails can indeed last for hours under the right conditions. "chemtrails" don't, they linger and spread out into light cloud cover.

False. By your logic then, normal clouds would be considered "chemtrails" also since they also linger and spread out over the sky.

Clouds and CONtrails are exactly the same thing: frozen water. They will both linger, dissipate, and spread out as atmospheric conditions warrant.

The "chemtrail" disinformation is getting quite old...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Some weather conditions tend to make trails 'stick' more than others. When your local weather forecast is for partly cloudy skies it is because they know an incoming low pressure system is moving overhead, bringing moisture and turbulence...and clouds.

The moisture aloft finds lots and lots of handy nuclei to form around; burnt hydrocarbons in the exhaust, and clouds are born.

I heartily believe that TPTB knows about this tendency for clouds to form from exhaust and has used it for their own underhanded uses, but after many years of sky watching and thousands of photos, I don't believe that ALL sticking trails are chemtrails.

Sometimes a cloud is just a cloud is just a cloud.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ugh....it's disinformation like this that makes me want a "negative star"!

What you see are contrails. And clouds. And contrail that have spread and turn into clouds.
There are no such thing as "chemtrails". It would require there being some kind of "chem" involved and all tests of the trails itself have shown only exhaust fumes from jet fuel.
I live in NE Indiana. Today we started with mostly clear, with no contrails, to mixed with some clouds and some contrails......most telling because both clouds and contrails were in the same section of sky. Where you see clouds, you will usually see contrails. When and where you see dark blue sky, you will not see cirrus clouds or contrails. The atmosphere is responsible for the contrail, the contrail is not responsible for the atmosphere.
And an "x" or "cross" or "grid" or whatever pattern you might see just shows planes fly in routes and to all points of the compass.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Well the chemtrail crowd is not going away anytime soon. What I would like to see from them is less hysteria and more level-headed research and theory.

The 'dark beam' trails (shadow), the colorful refractive optics (sundogs, CHAs, CZAs, etc.), the total ignorance of meteorology, of cloud formation, etc. coupled with the bizarre claims of illness and dicey 'scientific' evidence of the composition of chemtrail fallout just make them out to be wackos...which may be a purposeful disinfo movement at its heart...but so many people will not move past the wild histrionics of the chemtrail movement and actually learn a bit about the sky.

It has already been proven that the gov't utilizes weather modification. Whether or not they cash in on the tendency for trails to spread and form a canopy of cirrus clouds has yet to be revealed, although I wouldn't put it past them to use it for some less than well thought out experiments. Why would they start bothering about our health and well being now?

Tamper with the weather...and you just might break it.

You just might see crazy, awful weather all over the world.
Nothing to see here, move on...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Hello Crumbles,

What I see are contrails and clouds. If you would like more info on contrails, here is a link to a PDF document that explains it very well.

Actually, I would invite everybody to read it. Great info!

Link:

www.af.mil...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crumbles
I live in a rural part of Indiana. That being said the skies are normally clear if not (snowing or raining).

The point to all of this is. I watch the weather channel and also check it on my ipod. The days it is clear it really is clear, but the past 2 days the weather has said mostly clear and sunny. When they say mostly clear or mostly sunny I see an abundance of trails in the sky. That are not actually clouds you can see where the trails go all the way across the sky.

cirrus clouds come in a variety of shapes and sizes - one of the most unusual is cirrus uncinus - see the wiki page for it for a picture - en.wikipedia.org...

contrails usually form in conditions that are also suitable for making cirrus clouds, because Cirrus clouds also often indicate the approach of a front - hence they indicate increasing humidity and decreasing temperature.

This is also why Cirrus are often associated with "partly cloudy" or "mostly clear" forecasts - they are the "interface" between clear skys just gone and oncoming weather.

See the wiki page for cirrus for more info on them - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
been working all day but thanks everyone for the info.

new topics

top topics

join