It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretrial Arguments Reveal New Information In James Ray Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Pretrial Arguments Reveal New Information In James Ray Case

www.prescottenews.com

James Ray trial being held in Camp Verde. Ray, is being charged with 3 counts of manslaughter, due to a sweat lodge tragedy that happened 17 months ago, in which three people died.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
you all remember this story right...
that messed up new ager who killed 3 and sent dozens to the hospital in his mockery of a Native American sweat lodge...while that was happening he was happily sitting in his office tweeting away about how much money he was making...

Anyway his trial was to start yesterday but there were some minor problems with the jury... stay turned looks like day one will be today ...

www.prescottenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

So what do you think?
Manslaughter or the lesser charge of negligent homicide?

I say give this new age goofball the heavier charge for taking peoples money and leading them astray.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

So what do you think?
Manslaughter or the lesser charge of negligent homicide?

I say give this new age goofball the heavier charge for taking peoples money and leading them astray.

I say Manslaughter...
From what little I have read he was warned repeatedly there was a danger yet he chose to ignore those warnings and place peoples lives in danger....

remember too these were not dare devil thrill seekers but folks seeking some inner peace... they had no idea what could go wrong and James Ray wasn't about to tell em now was he...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

While I no where near condone people trying solely to capitalize on others want for "inner peace" or whatever you want to call it, as callous as this will sound, those who sadly passed away and those that had to be taken to the hospital really should have known the risks they were taking. I am not terribly familiar with this case, so I don't know if he had people keeping an eye out, but some of the blame has to be placed on the "victims".

After DaddyBare's post a few down, I will say he is fully negligent. I still say some blame is placed on those who attended. After all, if i play football, I should know I have a risk of head injury because the very nature of the game involves slamming into each other. Now would the coach/owner be to blame if they didnt provide me with proper supervision? yes. I think this will end up with a lot of disappointed people. Knowing our legal system he will probably get a lesser charge.
edit on 3/2/2011 by iamsupermanv2 because: last paragraph

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I didn't know he was warned and ignored the warnings.
That is pretty incriminating.
Manslaughter it should be.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Opening statements set in Ariz. sweat lodge case ..
Open statements on WSJ

Minutes before motivational speaker James Arthur Ray led dozens of people in a sweat lodge ceremony, he told them, "You will feel as if you're going to die. I guarantee that.

"You will feel like your skin is going to fall off. When you emerge you'll be a new person, like you've looked death in the eyes and overcome it."

His predictions that participants would purge toxins and enter altered states of mind proved true. Whether his conduct before and during the sweat lodge caused the deaths of three people will be up to a jury to decide.

So here's what happened/// mister Ray once and only once attended a Lakota Sweat Lodge ceremony...
then with no real knowledge or understanding flies back to AZ builds the round thing he covers with tarps then goes out and advertises that for only $9,000 bucks he can change your life...I don't remember how many people he stuffed in there and left them unattended for hours... but there was two dead on scene and 19 more taken to nearby hospitals...
edit on 2-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah he was warned... By the Lakota tribe...

anyway... another snippet from the Wall street Journal reads'
Defense attorneys hinted early on that the materials used to build the sweat lodge could be to blame and are expected to call a medical examiner to testify that he couldn't rule out poisoning, according to court documents.

Either way Mister Jay built this thing and if it was Poisoning where were those folks exposed to poison???
they did spend a week up his ranch ya know

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The poison could have come from the plastic being heated.
I am not really sure and am just walking in the dark on that theory.

I was assuming they died from heat stroke,dehydration,suffocation or just not having enough oxygen because of the number of people all breathing the same air in a confined space.

I never knew poisoning wasn't ruled out.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
..I don't remember how many people he stuffed in there and left them unattended for hours... but there was two dead on scene and 19 more taken to nearby hospitals..

Around 60 people, according to a participant on the stand today, and they were not unattended. Dream team members were in the lodge, as was Mr. Ray, according to witness testimony he was near the door.

I cant wait to hear more and more details come out.

Its funny, for the last several months I have been feeling extremely hostile to people selling spirituality. And I dont mean people who happen to be genuinely spiritual who sell books, like Pema Chodron, or Eckhardt Tolle. I mean people like this sorry excuse for a human being who are con men and women, and who set out to defraud by using spirituality. Christian or New Age, makes no difference, I find them to be some of the most loathesome people on the planet. Only matched by those who sell "miracle cures" to the terminally ill, knowing they are fakes.

I feel relieved to learn about this trial. I was wondering what the heck was wrong with me, getting so stirred up, but I swear some issues just sink into the collective unconscious and affect us on some level.

I think the collective consciousness is pretty pissed off about people like James Ray and "Little Grandmother" and the like.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Either way Mister Jay built this thing and if it was Poisoning where were those folks exposed to poison???
they did spend a week up his ranch ya know

And the day before the sweat lodge, he had them do like a 36 hour vision quest in the desert. The woman who testified today said she had no food or water for that period. So you send people out into the desert for 36 hours with no food and water, then give them breakfast and lunch, and cook them for a few hours.

Not the smartest thing to do, imho. A couple hours to recover from the "vision quest" clearly didnt cut it for everyone.

top topics

join