It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anatomy of an Alien Abduction

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
I did touch on them earlier but don't feel like repeating myself.

When did you comment on the apparent subjective nature of the phenomenon?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

As a phenomenon, I agree. But as to what the source of the phenomenon is, I do not.

I'm curious about some of your views on the phenomenon. Considering cases like Hills and Mrs. Cahill, do you think it to be a completely objective phenomenon?
edit on 11-3-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

My thoughts on the Kelly Cahill abduction.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think there is something tangible to it, that abductions are probably real physically. I think there is an agenda to it yes. That being what appears to be some kind of genetic harvesting. In some cases a kind of spiritual invasion like the Kelly Cahill case. It is unlike your little grey abductions. The beings were different in description. On of the most bizzare yet intriguing cases i can think of. I have no idea why "they" would do things this way if real, covertly and random but trying to understand the motives of something when we do not even know what it is to begin with is like a dog chasing it's own tail.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

That doesn't make it untrue (or true).
Correct, but it makes it slightly more suspicious for me.

Yet are reported being seen in the homes of their victims, wearing no noticeable equipment to help them breath.
That is a very good point. I would like to see how the other people draw the aliens, if they actually saw them (which I some how doubt).

She describes being "hit" and thrown to the ground so hard it knocks the wind out of her. In her later dreams of the incident, she says she tackled one of the beings.
She describes being thrown back by a force, not necessarily being physically hit by the alien. And I wouldn't trust her dreams of the event, in fact I don't really trust her at all, I think she did see a UFO or something weird, but she has made up a large portion of her story to make it sound better.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Hey, a few questions Phiz?

Now, with lose of memories can one regress those lost memories over time or even a long time like decades, and/or that being after an event? Can a domino effect happen with your memories coming back?

Or is it only threw a hypnotherapist?

Thanx man

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Now, with lose of memories can one regress those lost memories over time or even a long time like decades, and/or that being after an event? Can a domino effect happen with your memories coming back?

Or is it only threw a hypnotherapist?
If I understand what you're asking, abduction events can of course be remembered through things such as flashbacks and dreams without the help of a hypnotherapist. These conscious memories can some times flood in after the first few flashbacks, like a domino effect, because the memories are are linked, our memory is a relational database, and all similar memories are connected in some way. I personally feel these types of memories are less reliable and usually harder to make sense of than memories retrieved via hypnotic regression, but it all really depends on the person and how their mind was manipulated. If I'm not answering your question properly let me know.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yeah izz gooood.
Wish I could make sence of my new visions that just pop in, cuz it f' n scary shizzz

Alright thanx again

edit on 13-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I think the amazing power of the human mind is behind the entire thing. The raw power of imagination, fantasy and delusion creates these "abductions" in my opinion.

Can you prove your theory? Till your able to prove it, it is just the opinions of a denialist.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
Correct, but it makes it slightly more suspicious for me.

Does that then make researchers such as John Mack or Budd Hopkins suspicious?

Originally posted by WhizPhizThat is a very good point. I would like to see how the other people draw the aliens, if they actually saw them (which I some how doubt).

I am not sure about the other women, but neither Mrs. Cahill's husband nor the other man have visual memories of the event.

Originally posted by WhizPhizShe describes being thrown back by a force, not necessarily being physically hit by the alien.

Either way, it was a violent act.

And I wouldn't trust her dreams of the event, in fact I don't really trust her at all, I think she did see a UFO or something weird, but she has made up a large portion of her story to make it sound better.

Why do you think that?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Does that then make researchers such as John Mack or Budd Hopkins suspicious?
No, they are researchers, she just goes around telling her story from what I can see. It isn't even a particularly detailed or revealing experience, the only the thing that makes it interesting is that other people saw the same UFO. I will say there was probably a UFO, but beyond that everything relies upon her words alone, and there are some questionable inconsistencies as you have pointed out.

Either way, it was a violent act.
Perhaps it was, or maybe it was simply a method of making her unconscious, and felt violent to her.

Why do you think that?
Because she clearly has grown an obsession from her events, though she can't really remember what happened to her, she was quickly made unconscious. She's just trying to fill in the gaps and have a bit more of a story to tell imo. By trying so hard to recall these things she's mixing fantasy into her memories. Maybe she did see aliens, they were some what like a Grey with a big head and large eyes. The red glow is probably her mind contaminating the memory with what she expected to see, evil little demons will glowing red eyes. I doubt she even got a good look at them in a conscious state. And if she did see aliens, and their eyes were a fluorescent red, I'm guessing the glow make them appear round, like a round source of light. As for why their eyes would be glowing red, who knows, it's not too hard to fathom considering we are dealing with a species we hardly understand.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am having a hard time discerning how real this is supposed to be. But While reading it I just thought of it as a graphic novel or something and it was so entertaining. you should sell licensing to a movie dude.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MHMMM

you should sell licensing to a movie dude.
I can't sell licensing for anything, all of the ideas presented here have been developed over time through abduction research, I'm just presenting them here in my own way. If someone wants to incorporate these ideas into an abduction movie, go ahead, I would love to see an abduction movie that doesn't twist and sensationalize every aspect of the phenomena. Realism is often the best seller I have found, if you consider abductions to be real that is.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Is sleep paralysis anything to do with with abductions? I have had sp for as long as i can remember and finally after all these years, my so called halucinations and auditory halucinations are being investigated by a top scientist on the NHS. I feel quite overwhelmed that the NHS are going to help me and eternally grateful, because i just want to be normal!
I'm not or have ever been diagnosed depressed or under mental health. Have a healthy mind. My body appears to repair itself, super dooper good looking....apparently??? Yet, what i have seen would make your hair stand up on end and for the record i would be quite happy sleeping in the corner on the floor with the cat. Infact i have done that may times. I cant hold down relationships, jobs and my house is a total mess!
Sleep is a luxury, though last few months have not ben to bad. I used to be terrified of going to bed.........terrified!!! Now i have kind of accepted it and it's #ed off and left me! Has given me the chance to gather my thoughts though, which has been good. It hasn't gone away though. It has done this before.
It's a bit like a nicer version from the film 'The Entity', but i get to see all sorts! My head is like a reciever or tuner. It's so hard to explain. That's why i came to this site a few years back, looking for answers and come to the realisation that it's not just me and i'm not going mad! Got some evidence if anyone is interested and some very real witnesses.
For the reord i have better things to do with my time, like pay my rent, pay bills and keep a roof over me and my childs head, than make up all this #!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Is sleep paralysis anything to do with with abductions?
It could be, but I also don't doubt sleep paralysis can occur naturally. But judging by what you said, you seems to think you're being abducted? Why is that exactly, can you elaborate? And what sort of evidence do you claim to have?

edit on 17-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Thank you for the information and the way it was presented (no vids without explanation etc). I wasn't aware of half of this stuff, not being a UFO buff.

My main irritation with reading UFO books is that all the cases discussed/ presented occur before 1990 (if you are lucky) and most occur in the USA, and they don't provide enough details. Are abductions happening in China, Australia, some little island in the Pacific, Africa, the Middle-East, Europe etc? So thank you for the summary.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No, they are researchers, she just goes around telling her story from what I can see.

What is the difference?

Originally posted by WhizPhiz but beyond that everything relies upon her words alone

Other witnesses have recalled the events through hypnosis, which you have defended.

and there are some questionable inconsistencies as you have pointed out.

Define "inconsistency". There are no internal inconsistency

Because she clearly has grown an obsession from her events

How is she any more obsessed than any other abductee?

though she can't really remember what happened to her, she was quickly made unconscious. She's just trying to fill in the gaps and have a bit more of a story to tell imo. By trying so hard to recall these things she's mixing fantasy into her memories...

I am finding all of this particularly interesting. How is she different than any other abductee?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What is the difference?
The difference is they have a legitimate reason to be so involved with the subject.

Other witnesses have recalled the events through hypnosis, which you have defended.
I don't think she used hypnosis to remember what happened, it came in flash backs if I remember correctly. And as I have said many times now, I personally feel flashbacks and dreams are less reliable for many reasons, they can recall events with more clarity under hypnosis, which has been used successfully for in many different cases not involving alien abduction for that reason.

Define "inconsistency". There are no internal inconsistency
It is inconstent with the conclusions reached based on abduction accounts. Her descriptions clearly differ from the majority, and the majority is what we consider to be most likely true, it's a framework that allows us to analyze the authenticity of abduction accounts. You may say it's all based on fantasy in the first place, but that's why we examine all the information they provide and decide whether it's coincidence or corroboration. I just don't find the arguments provided thus far properly explain this phenomena. Therefore I will not dismiss it at this point.

How is she any more obsessed than any other abductee?
Because she constants tell everyone about her story, she clearly seeks to make a profit from this though actually knows very little about her abductors. She is vastly different from the typical abductee, who often knows something weird is happening in their life, but don't bother to look into it. Those who do look more into it wont be shouting the results to the world, it's a very personal thing that they seek help for, and can have a major impact on their life. Those who do submit information for abduction research will also often remain anonymous; so this women is far from the typical abductee.

I am finding all of this particularly interesting. How is she different than any other abductee?
She's not different really, and that's why we compare her case against the majority descriptions. She basically just had a very brief alien and UFO sighting, she remembers nothing of the abduction, so in the end she can't really provide us with much information about what goes on inside a UFO, because she can't remember. Her descriptions of aliens were some what similar to Greys, and she described things such as missing time and suddenly being knocked unconscious, and these things are to be expected. All abductees will provide some truth mixed with some confabulation, that's why you need to examine all cases as one body of evidence, and analyze the information as I've been saying.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I saw my first ufo, in broad daylight when i was seven years old. I also had a witness with me that afternoon. As the years went on i tried to forget about it. To a certain degree i was successful. However when i was twenty the sleep paralyysis started. I kept trying to dismiss it as all in my mind and again i was fairly successful. I didn't want to be the butt of everyones jokes. Then about 4 years later i started to get it more frequently.
I would be in bed, but very much awake when it started. This particular night strange things had been happening at home that i couldn't put my finger on. Lights switching themselves off, things like that. Then after i had just got into bed there was this explosion of white light in my head. I opened my eyes, unable to move and there was this ugly stockydwarf like creature standing beside the bed, dribbling spit. I just freaked! Infact i thought i was going to die of fright. Since then i have had missing time, many unexpalinable events and my brain feels like its been sucked out like mush and put back. My teeth have been operated on (so it seems) I was watching at the time! An ex partner was driven out. Eventually he was pushed and dragged down the stairs. The injuries he sustained was incredable. Cuts, bruises, carpet burn all on one side.
The list is endless. Due to confidentiality i have to leave it at that for now.
I have suffered post traumatic stress, due to the all this. Fortunately i shy away from medication and am not on any sedatives... yet. I might pop the odd co - codomol or have a puff on a joint, but that's my limit.
If it chooses to visit me, it will, regardless.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I opened my eyes, unable to move and there was this ugly stockydwarf like creature standing beside the bed, dribbling spit.
--
An ex partner was driven out. Eventually he was pushed and dragged down the stairs. The injuries he sustained was incredable. Cuts, bruises, carpet burn all on one side.
So a dribbling dwarf freak that drags people down stairs? Sounds like something paranormal rather than aliens. I don't really believe houses can be haunted, so I wouldn't say it is paranormal though. If other people have been physically damaged by this being, then you have some sort of proof you aren't insane. It doesn't really sound like you're being abducted, but it could be that you're only remembering screen memories. I don't really know what to make of your story, if it's real.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Make of it what you will. I am passed caring. I am not a liar, Things happen to me that cannot be explained and finally in a few months i may have some answers and the rice like lump removed from just under the skin on my leg. There is so much more. I dont know what i am more afraid of?, afterall i'm not claiming to be anything special? As i say i want a quiet life. Good job i don't remember half of it, it may just finish me off, it is so bizarre and abnormal. They actually apologised for being so scary once!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I am not a liar,
I'm not saying you are a liar, but I don't really know you're telling the truth do I? That's all I meant.

in a few months i may have some answers and the rice like lump removed from just under the skin on my leg.
Well that is interesting indeed, please share with us some pictures of this device if you manage to get it removed. Don't let them confiscate it, request to keep it, or at least get photo's of it.

They actually apologised for being so scary once!
Well that is strange, maybe they are actually saying "sorry we have to replace your abduction memories with such frightening stuff, but it helps to make people think you're only having nightmares"?. You haven't actually said all that much about your experiences, so I don't really have much to go by. Seems like you're holding a lot back. You're accounts seem to be very violent and not typical (but also not that rare). I just don't want to jump to conclusions and think that aliens are beating people up and dragging them down stairs when it could be they are actually loving and nice. I am obviously very suspicious of their motives, and why they are even here. I even made a thread not long ago titled "Aliens are Evil", which I highly regret now. Anyway, I don't want to make you feel like no one believes you or anything like that, I'm sure you have all the proof you need. You don't need to prove anything to anyone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join