It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no comet elenin??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
mmmm thanks for the thread. Ive never been into godlike pro before, ever. Yet on trying to see your video I get this.....

SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS 212.183.140.14 HAS BEEN BANNED FROM VIEWING THIS WEBSITE

Any ideas what this is about?

Well we all now know your IP address!! (just pointing that out).
Anyway, it seems that a lot of people were caught up in a mass ban recently. Don't fret. Most of us have what are called dynamic IP addresses ie the IP addy changes occasionally. At which point you will magically become unbanned

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

edit* i found out on a thread on here that its size is around 500km?!?! is that right can anyone verify this?

No, not verified. The discoverer of the comet Leonid Elenin said in and email that he estimates it to be between 3km and 4km in width.

It will ake too long to find this on my Elenin thread so try this solarwatch.wordpress.com...

2nd post

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Just wondering if you are getting the size of this telescope confused. It is not 18" long, it is an 18" mirror. That is a BIG telescope by anyone's standards and it was not a backyard telescope either it was a professional one.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
And what exactly was the payload on the huge rocket the u.s sent into space? explosives perhaps? nukes maybe, do u they think the "comet" is going to come uncomforably close so maybe try use explosives to knock it off its trajectory just like in the movie deep impact?.....

Which launch are you reffering to?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by TheFuzzMonster

thanks for your comment however i dont believe niburu exists

but brown dwarfs do indeed exist....

but Nibiru could be the brown dwarf.... Planet 'X' is just the name modern day historians/astrologers have given Nibiru. The Sumerian's referred to Nibiru as 'the destroyer'. It is something that passes near us every 3,600 years, and has the ability to reek havoc on the Earth. Planet 'X' is simply Gov disinformation. It very well could have been known to ancient civilizations as actually being a 'brown dwarf'.

I highly doubt they had it pegged as a 'planet' when according to artifacts, they knew countless details about space and our solar system. The Sumerian's documented 12 bodies in our solar system. They do not distinguish between the sun, and the planets, but rather grouped them all together. They had the same planets as us(using the 9 planet system), the sun, an added smaller body 'Luna' which lies between Earth and Mars, and of course Nibiru.

Who's to say they didn't think Nibiru was a sun? or a dead star(brown dwarf)?

I believe 'Nibiru' exists, but not necessarily as a 'planet.' The Sumerian's never said it was a planet.

tid bit....

Definitions of Nibiru: Nibiru (also transliterated Neberu, Nebiru) is a term in the Akkadian language, translating to "crossing" or "point of transition", especially of rivers, i.e. river crossings or ferry-boats. ...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Hi NWO and the others. I'm gonna be blunt with this: the author of the video is either a complete moron, or he's just pulling our proverbial leg.

If you want to find a comet or asteroid in the sky, you get its precise celestial coordinates from JPL or the Minor Planet Center. If astrolpatroit is as experienced in astronomy as he says, he could have done just that. Instead, he shows us the pictures of the area where Pluto is (which is nowhere near the comet), a wide view of Saturn, and crap knows what else. I told him he's looking in the wrong direction, told him how to find the comet's precise coordinates, and yet he kept looking in the wrong parts of the sky. Finally, he blocked me on Youtube.

So here's the deal: if you want to find Elenin (and have a very good telescope), you go to JPL page for the comet:
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
and generate Ephemeris (which is the list of the comet's positions for each day, hour, or even minute)

Or get these positions from the Minor Planet Center:
ubasti.cfa.harvard.edu...
(If you have Google Earth installed, download the KML file from that website and it will show you the comet's positions in Google Sky)

I even made a video for him, showing how to do this: www.youtube.com...

Comet Elenin has been observed by many astronomers, there are some photos and even time-lapse animations of it moving:
www.aerith.net...
www.youtube.com...

This is the website of the observatory that discovered the comet, you can direct your questions to them: spaceobs.org...

I emailed Leonid Elenin about the size of the comet, and he estimates it to be 3-4 km in diameter, relatively small for a long-period comet. (Comet Hale-Bopp that appeared in 1997 is ~60 km).

Oh, and there's nothing odd about the name Leonid Elenin. I'm half-Russian, so I know that Leonid is a common Russian name, and Elenin is a fairly common Russian surname. It means [son] of Elena (Elena being a female Russian name, like Helen in English). Since Elenin is a Russian surname, it has nothing to do with the English words like eleven, event, level, etc. Some people have too much imagination and too much time on their hands.

edit on 2-3-2011 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

Normal people on this website don't talk like this.... disinformation anyone.... la la la

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

And what exactly was the payload on the huge rocket the u.s sent into space? explosives perhaps? nukes maybe, do u they think the "comet" is going to come uncomforably close so maybe try use explosives to knock it off its trajectory just like in the movie deep impact?.....

Which launch are you reffering to?

the one that was about a month ago...biggest rocket sent into space and they refused to divulge its payload...

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Its our second sun... I had thought something strange was going on with the lack of real information on Elenin, anymore. Its gravity might explain why both the north and south magnetic poles are shifting to the same side of the planet. Interesting indeed, and with the galactic alignment next year, who knows what kind of weird things we are going to see.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Yea i hear what ur saying, but any brown dwarf thats hiding out there could be called nibiru or the destroyer...doesnt mean it is.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by loagun

Yea i hear what ur saying, but any brown dwarf thats hiding out there could be called Nibiru or the destroyer...doesn't mean it is.

Oh yes, I agree with that too. I can't say for certain(if it is in fact true a brown dwarf is on it's way through the solar system currently) this would be Nibiru. As I said though, I do believe it is real, this 'destroyer', whatever it is, and wherever it is currently.

BTW who is in your avatar pic? Is that Madonna? lol that's what I think every time I see it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The largest rocket ever launched from the U.S. West Coast blasted off on Thursday from Vandenberg Air Force Base, carrying a top secret satellite into orbit, military officials said.

The Delta IV Heavy rocket stood 23 stories tall, and its engines produced 2 million pounds of thrust, according to the 30th Space Wing of the U.S. Air Force.

Blasting off at 1:10 p.m. Pacific time from Space Launch Complex-6 at Vandenberg in California, the rocket carried a payload for the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office, military officials said. The nature of the payload was secret

I think this clearly states what the payload of the Delta IV was. I for one would hope we can keep under wraps some information pertaining to our National Security, we sure as hell don't with ground troop movements, which kind of defeats the purpose of battlefield intelligence.

BTW it states the biggest rocket ever launched from the west coast. Saturn V rockets (the moon rockets) were launched between 1967 and 1973, yet to this day the Saturn V remains the largest rocket ever launched. It remains the largest and most powerful launch vehicle ever brought to operational status from a height, weight and payload standpoint.

7,648,000 pounds of thrust for the Apollo configuration, and 6,800,000 pounds of thrust for the Space Shuttle configuration though the Solid Rocket Boosters are the single most powerful rockets ever put in service at 2,800,000 pounds of thrust each, or 82% of the initial lifting capacity of the Space Shuttle configuration together, and 60% of the liftoff mass by weight, all together about the power of 37 Hoover Dams.

I just love this #!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

We have imaged a brown dwarf with just 8 times the mass of Jupiter 500 LYs away, I'm sure we could see a brown dwarf just 1 LY away hiding in our Oort cloud.

hubblesite.org... 05/31/

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Its gravity might explain why both the north and south magnetic poles are shifting to the same side of the planet.
No, it's gravity has no effect on the earth. The Empire State Building has more gravitational effect on the earth than Elenin will ever have.

Elenin is estimated to be about 3 to 5 km in diameter. Comets have a density around 0.6 g/cm^3 (or 6 * 10^11 kg/km^3). So if we assume Elenin's diameter to be 5 km, it would have a volume around 65.4498 km^3. So it would have a mass of 65.4498 km^3 * 6 * 10^11 kg/km^3 = 3.92699 * 10^13 kg.

The mass of the earth is 5.9742 * 10^24 kg. The mass of the Empire State Building is about 331,122,430 kg.

The gravitational force between two objects is (G*m1*m2)/(r^2) where G is the gravitational constant (6.67 * 10^-11 m^3/(kg s^2)), m1 is the mass of the first object, m2 is the mass of the second object, and r is distance between their centers of mass.

The Empire State Building sits on the earth's surface, so its distance from the earth's center of mass is the radius of the earth, or 6,378,100 m. So the force between the earth and Empire State Building would be ((6.67 * 10^-11 m^3/(kg s^2))*(5.9742 * 10^24 kg) * (331,122,430 kg))/(6,378,100 m)^2 = 3.246 * 10^9 Newtons.

At it's closest approach to the Earth, Elenin will be about 3.45207634 * 10^10 m away. So the gravitation force between the earth and Elenin would be ((6.67 * 10^-11 m^3/(kg s^2))*5.9742 * 10^24 kg)) * (3.92699 * 10^13 kg))/(3.45207634 * 10^10 m)^2 = 1.314 * 10^7 Newtons.

So we can see that the gravitational force exerted on the earth by Elenin, even when it's at its closest point, will be 247 times smaller than the force the Empire State Building exerts on the earth. Right now, Elenin is 2.27 AU (3.39587460 * 10^11 m) from earth. That means it is currently exerting a gravitational force on the earth of 1.358 * 10^5 Newtons, or 23,900 times less force than the Empire State Building.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Thank you so much for confirming what the bible tells us. Wormwood is coming, RUN FOR THE HILLS BiaOtches.

Gods wrath is upon us but first we will see the Gog-Magog war witch just happens to be about to explode in the mid-east right about now. Soon as Israel acts to defend herself, There goes the neighborhood. Millions will die for messing with Gods land and thats just the warm up. I pray America never turns its back on Israel or we will suffer the worst destruction if it is not already going to happen for American politicians making Israel give up its land for no real peace.

Pray for forgiveness, Pray for Israel and peace in the middle east and maybe we can hold off our chosen destiny of Anti-Christ and hell on earth.

Ask a scientist what happens when a brown dwarf gets close to earth? Fire and Brimstone baby!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

This thing is extremely dense, It has the mass of Jupiter just not the size. Brown Dwarfs are composed of Iron Oxide. A rusty ball of steel. If they came out and said it was a brown dwarf star everyone would point to Revelation in the bible and the Anti-Christ would never have a chance.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

That is the same Sitchen crap he made up for years and everyone has proven thats NOT what the Summerian words say.

THERE IS NO NIBIRU!!!!!!

WORMWOOD YES!!!!!

Sitchens APE planet NO.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Try following his/her advice, instead of calling him disinfo.
Seems anytime someone gives us info we don't like, he/she is a shill. It is a normal post for this site: we have plenty of intelligent, rational posters. Clearly he/she is one of them.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Although I have not seen ELENIN, or Nibiru, or a brown dwarf, or anything yet. I am getting a telescope soon, so that I may be able to see anything close to us. I think something is going on. Does anyone know which direction in the sky we should look to, in order to see it, eventually

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by nataylor

This thing is extremely dense, It has the mass of Jupiter just not the size. Brown Dwarfs are composed of Iron Oxide. A rusty ball of steel. If they came out and said it was a brown dwarf star everyone would point to Revelation in the bible and the Anti-Christ would never have a chance.

That's all kinds of wrong. First, there is no evidence Comet Elenin is of abnormal density for comets. Second, there is no evidence that Comet Elenin is a brown drawf. Finally, brown dwarfs are not made of iron oxide (rust). Like other stars and gas giants, brown dwarfs are still mostly hydrogen and helium.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Planet X is a name coined by Percival Lowell in the early 20th century in reference to a hypothesized planet beyond Neptune that was having an effect on the orbits of the gas giants. This hypothesis was largely abandoned by the mid-20th century and was finally discounted after Voyager 2's flyby of Neptune. Now the term Planet X is strictly used by New Age writers and they are the only ones who ever used it in conjunction with a Nibiru-esque planet. I know I have stated this in the past since I made an entire thread on the history of Planet X. I guess you selectively ignored this information since it doesn't confirm your belief system.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join