It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Quakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Heres a bit of info on the Arkansas quakes that have been happening recently and this is interesting because there have been questions about a town in Texas that have experienced a few small quakes in the past, when there were none before natural gas was discovered there.
That city is Cleburn Tx, which is just south of Ft Worth and there was a story a few years ago about the use of fracking and its contribution to the areas recent first time earthquakes.

The sudden swarm of earthquakes in Arkansas -- including the largest quake to hit the state in 35 years -- is very possibly an after effect of natural-gas drilling, experts warn. At issue is a practice called hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking," in which water is injected into the ground at high pressure to fracture rock and release natural gas Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 2-3-2011 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It just seems to me that breaking the bedrock into tiny pieces is bound to cause shifts and settling over the fracked area, and I found some info that points to the increased earthquake activity being directly related to the fracking here:
globalresearch.ca...
It sure makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It could be fracking but I would tend to think that the fracking issue has been created and promoted to cover up the real issue. Up until recently, for the past 6 months, a swarm of earthquakes has occured NNE of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I dont have the link but I am sure it is searchable, because I found it. A Scalar Ray has been in use in this same area. Scalar Rays are capable of producing Earthquakes and when used, create a vacuum in the air which would kill anything entering this space. Further research on this is needed, and I would appreciate anyone who can add to this to do so. Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The real issue here is the ramifications of the corporations, backed by the US being allowed to do things that are clearly bad for the citizens that live in the area that these things are being done in.
The definition of fracking states that water is injected at high pressure, to loosen the bedrock and free the gas/oil but it isnt just water.
It stands to reason that something heavier than water would accomplish the task more "efficiently" and this creates environmental hazards as well as the earthquakes that have been reported.
Buuuut it seems its ok for a major business to break environmental laws, while at the same time they take property away from the paupers when a frog or birds nest is found on their land.

top topics

join