It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stop playing Halo! What's Your Gaming Addiction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by johngtr

I am a console gamer so I'm not taking jabs at consoles at all..... The topic is still the same what is the difference between the best game and one you were most addicted to? Obviously you wouldn't be addicted to a game that you hated right?

I think IMO games like final fantasy were one of the best games for me at the time when they were released, but i was no where near addicted to them as i was Halo. I also happen to think Oblivion (and the other elder scrolls games) and the fall out series are also better games than Halo, but they are to me not as addictive. There is indeed a difference between the best, and the most addictive, you only need to look in a dictionary to see that, Links -

Addictive - www.thefreedictionary.com...

Best - www.thefreedictionary.com...

again no offence intended, and i will happily admit i was in -correct on your "jab" at consoles. apologies.

Peace
edit on 2-3-2011 by johngtr because: Caps

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm quite stuck in my ways - Super Mario on the SNES, then, now & forever.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I remember when I was in elementary and coming home for lunch only to play Mario for the whole free time I had before having to reluctantly drop the controller to go back....and what did I do when I got home you ask?

And no games did not consume my childhood lol ... I still got out and played lots of sports
(but I did go through gaming spurts!)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yes, I need to check out MassEffect & also seems like a lot of peeps are playing the new DeadSpace.

To fellow RPGers, ahh yes - the summer of 2006 was filled with Oblivion and still good times. I hear there's a new one coming out..next year I think. Seen lots of people hate on Bethesda but I've enjoyed the games they've made.

And yes, I never said Halo is the best game I've played - that's a whole new topic for which we already have a few threads about - just simply stating it's my current gaming addiction.

Thanks for your comments fellow gamers & your empathy.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
For those of you that are into FPS, check out Bulletstorm for the 360!

It's adds a very original spin on the FPS and i personally couldn't stop playing it!

Here's the trailer

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Mass Effect 1 & 2 I played alot. Can't wait for number 3 at the end of this year.
Halo is still one of my favorite game series. Odst sucked and reach wasnt that good.
Dirt 2 I still play all the time, it's the best racing game imo.
edit on 2-3-2011 by inthemass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

Yeah im on Act 6 in Bulletstorm, almost done. Awesome game but not for the kiddies.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't own a gaming console but I do play them on my PC and I keep going back to ARMA 2 series, By far the best military shooter solo and multi.

ARMA 2

This is all in game video

edit on 2-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: Added video

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, the game ive been most addicted to over the years is pokemon.

I know its sad, but you can't dispute the brilliance of it, considering how many sales it has, even thoug every new version that is released is exactly the same, yet millions of people still play it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My new fave is Red Dead Redemption. Lots of lost hours playing that one. Command and conquer on the playstation1 was another favorite.

Nazi Zombies, what can I say, other than nothin better than killin zombies, that are nazis.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I still love many of the 16 Bit RPGs on Genesis & SNES. I was very happy when the Mega Drive collection came out for XBox 360 with Shining Force I & II on it. Happy days! I fell in love with one particular RPG for Genesis called Landstalker, which was presented in an isometric view. It made some of the ledge jumping a bit tricky but it was a fantastic adventure. I also enjoyed Everquest and Harvest Moon. Those were fun!

Lately I've been playing Dragon Age... and I must find time to finish Fable 2 before I buy Fable 3. Unlike many people, I wasn't overly captivated by Fallout 3. I found the landscapes rather depressing... which I guess they are meant to be but I didn't find it a pleasant place to be... like.. say Oblivion.

IRM

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Drangon age is a fantasic game . Agreed . although i had trouble with the every ending achievement " i never got it " even though i completed a game with each Race. Dragon Age 2 release date in 8th of this month going to be a addictive game for sure : )

Agreed on Shining force games too. : )

Epic Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I get addicted to anything Battlefield, except that gay futuristic one.

Was addicted to 1942, desert combat mod, vietnam and currently 1943.

I like bad company 2 (and vietnam DLC) but I can never connect to servers :/

I love the huge open environment and all the vehicles

Very excited for BF3, pissed that it's ONLY 24 players online for console and 64 for pc..

Also can't wait for Rugby 2012!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My addictions are open-world RPG's. Currently, it's Fable 3, but only because I'm trying NOT to finish my game before my wife is about there too. She hasn't played a lot lately. I suspect Dragon Age will be my next one. She's going out of town a bit this month on business, so I just might get this game to while away the hours, hehe...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm horribly addicted to Dragon Age. Nothing can describe my delight at hearing "Enchantment!" yelled with such enthusiasm. It makes me look forward to having runes.

Left 4 Dead is the other game I'm most addicted to. There's something great about outrunning tanks or vomiting on people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I'm currently alternating between a second play through of Fallout: New Vegas, a third play through of Oblivion which has been going off and on for about a year, and I just started Mass Effect. There's a lot of great games out or about to come out but for some reason I just can't find one I really want to drop $60 on at the moment. I'm just trying to kill time until Skyrim comes out, I'm requesting the day off from work after it releases (midnight release)...just a little over eight months to go. My fiancee's birthday is the day after it's released....I wonder if I can convince her that it's her b-day present?

I've been hearing a lot about Dragon Age...is this like Oblivion? Forgive my ignorance but could anyone possibly give me some quick info and if it's worth the investment? I'm one of those gamers that likes to play games multiple times to get every little thing and explore every inch of the world. Does it have a high replay value?
edit on 3/3/2011 by Crackavelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
For the last 5 years I've been playing Day Of Defeat:Source pretty much every night.Before that it was Medal Of Honor.
(Guess I'm just a sucker for the WWII stuff....)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Crackavelli

Mass Effect will be my next addiction when the third one comes out. Dragon Age is made by the same people who made Mass Effect. Dragon Age actually reminded me more of Neverwinter Nights, but it's like Mass Effect in that decisions you make affect the game and can be carried over into the new games. The sequal to Dragon Age is picking up the main character talking like Mass Effect does and has a different fighting style than the first one. Since you can make different decisions, I've found very easy to replay and still just as enjoyable as the first time.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm always replaying Morrowind
and Peggle
I also been playing ( when I have time)
in this order
Digaea 1 and 2
ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman

been trying to play 3d dot game heroes but keep going back to other things

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Gotta be...

Dont get me wrong, I do have other games that I like but this game just completely dwarfs anything ive played yet.

I cannot stand console FPS's though, the controls are terrible with the head movement, I guarantee you that the people with the massive frag counts online have something similar to this...

www.ps3mouse.com...

The man with the mouse and keyboard is king of online console games

If you like the atari you would probably like watching the Angry Video Game Nerd which you can find here...

www.cinemassacre.com...

I think its funny how the games of the past were so bad yet back then they were viewed as cutting edge etc.

edit on 4-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join