It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRO finds giant underground cave on Moon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Seem that The Project for a colonization of the Moon is the main target for Indian Space Agency. A permanent base for human settlements on the moon is important for further exploration. And they find their location!
www.hindustantimes.com...

ISRO scientists have discovered a giant underground chamber on the moon, which could be used as a lunar base by astronauts for inter-planetary missions. Scientists at the Space Applications Centre (SAC), using data gathered from Chandrayaan-I's Terrain Mapping Camera and Hyper Spectral Imager (HySI) payloads, found a 1.2 km long buried, uncollapsed and near horizontal lava tube.

The hollow cave situated just above the lunar equator on the nearside of moon, can accommodate a large number of astronauts and scientific instruments, and also protect them from hostile lunar environment.

"Such a lava tube could be a potential site for future human habitability on the Moon for future human missions and scientific explorations, providing a safe environment from hazardous radiations, micro-meteoritic impacts, extreme temperatures and dust storms," a team of scientists led by AS Arya of SAC, Ahmedabad said reporting the findings in 'Current Science'.

"Thus lava tubes are not only a safe natural cavity, but also a readymade structure for a lunar base, being a habitat," they said.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
How did the moon get lava tubes on it?
I had no idea that it was once volcanic

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Already a thread somewhere Arken..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
How did the moon get lava tubes on it?
I had no idea that it was once volcanic

Any rocky body is volcanic after it forms

The lunar mare (dark areas) are ancient basaltic lava flow.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Great story. Sure hope it is accurate.

I have a feeling the Indians will be the Spoilers... meaning that they will tell the truth of what they find and spoil it for NASA etc.

F&S

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Great story. Sure hope it is accurate.

I have a feeling the Indians will be the Spoilers... meaning that they will tell the truth of what they find and spoil it for NASA etc.

F&S

Hi friend. And thanks for you comment.

Yes.
India (and surely China) have found "something" on the Moon; Something that they can transact with NASA/USA (and the Western Countries) and use as "weapon" in the international/commercial business here on Planet Earth.

Dark place to transact dark business...
edit on 3-3-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Couldn't agree with you more. The country that gets control of the moon first will be the big boy on the block. End of Story.

I can't beleive we (USA) haven't put something up there yet. Maybe a radar type thing? Automated observatory etc SOMETHING.

I know I am going to wake up some day and see like a big COKE or PEPSI sign on the moon, beaming upon us all!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7ee87548ba7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Their very expensive Hush will not be able to last over a long span in the time.

They are very, very hungry of Energy.

And the New Space Race is already begun.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

top topics

join