It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick footballer kicks injured owl off pitch (video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

When you make a stupid, bigoted comment, you should expect people to react. Why did you say it? Where did you come up with the idea that all Columbians are drug-addicted inbreds?

What this man did was horrible. Your response was horrible.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Yawn...........

Stick to the thread and send a message to me if you don't like my comments about Columbians or any other Nation I WILL choose to offend....

You lot just don't get it do you ..... again.....

"Sticks and Stones will break my bones But names will never hurt me"...

Obviously names/words do hurt you / your feelings........... toughen up for Gods sake.... whichever God you believe in !!?

Regards
PDUK

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HotCopperSkull

I think about everything. That was no emotional response. im just being honest. Maybe a little upset at how dumb you people are.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

and
reply to post by MannequinCircus

I'm an animal lover, I couldn't even watch the clip of the owl, but having a central nervous system is (IMO) not a good enough reason not to consume that life form over a life form without a central nervous system, for two reasons:

1)Most animals that humans slaughter for food would typically experience a more violent and painful end to their life in the wild.

2)Nearly all animals that are consumed by humans are given the gift of life by humans. If we didn't need to eat them, most would never have been born. If you eat free range meats then IMO a few seconds (or less) of pain in exchange for the length of life they lived is much better than no pain but also no life.

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Taken to its logical conclusion, then it can be argued that it is acceptable to eat other humans.

As you can see by my above argument, neither applies to humans, therefore it remains unacceptable to eat humans.

Do you get as upset at somebody mowing their lawn, weeding, or pulling petals off a flower as you do about someone killing or torturing an animal ? If not, then why not ? After all, they are all living things that are being tortured or killed.

Death is a necessary part of life. They go together like yin and yang. The lawn cannot exist without old cells being killed to make room for new cells. (Sure, grass is not mown in the wild but it wouldn't exist at all in our yards if we didn't need something neat to cover our dirt). The weeds are killed to make room for lawn (because that is our preference to look at). A person (in most cases a child) pulling petals off a flower is one of the best ways the flower can experience itself (if you believe the flower and the person are the same entity behind the scenes, which I do, but that's a pretty lengthy explanation).

If you don't consider the act of needlessly uprooting and killing plants anywhere the same level as someone doing the same to animals, then why don't you feel the same way about necessarily killing plants rather than animals ?

I consider needlessly uprooting and killing plants to be wrong. Needlessly harming animals (in a way in which they are not instantly or quickly killed) is worse because they must experience prolonged suffering.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
just another bit of evidence that humans ON A WHOLE are the parasite scum of the earth with no respect for earth or for any of it's other inhabitants in reality this video is shocking but nowhere near as bad as what happens all over the world everyday we all know in china they eat dogs but they treat them like absolute s@*t 30-40 dogs german sheapards ect packed tight in a flat cage thrown from the top of a lorry to ground all still alive.and what about the chickens and how they are treated all over the world could that mean we deserve going to jail for intentionaly and unintentionally eating them. im in hong kong at the mo just got back from vietnam and the polution is unbelivable people going around with polution masks on people coghing thier guts up. we are destroying the rain forest. killing off species. non of us deserve to be here not just a footballer who did a horrible thing if the s@*t does hit the fan in 2012 then will it be such a bad thing????????????

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Few things in life really P*ss me off but this is one of them!

Second

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I can't bring myself to watch it either.
Almost didn't click on the thread. I can't stand animal abuse.

But I agree with everyone else who said something to the effect of "Let's nuke the bastard."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join