It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto The HE3 Connection - Mounds Lab

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Monsanto The HE3 Connection - Mounds Lab

Lot of threads have covered some aspects of HE3 or Helium 3... a substance that is rare on Earth but found in abundance on the moon, to the tune of several trillion metric tonnes by estimate.

This substance can be used in Fusion... a safe clean 'burning' fuel that requires minimal shielding and no radioactive waste

25 tons, about the capacity of the shuttle would power the entire USA for one year 100 tons would power the World for as long...

Some quick links to the major Fusion research lab in the USA with ties to HH Schmitt, Apollo astronaut, senator, geologist and professor at this institute, as well as CEO of Inter Lune Inter Mars Initiative, a mining concern that is looking at mining the Moon and Mars

University of Wisconsin Fusion Design Memos (UWFDM)

The UWFDM series of technical reports details the research of the Fusion Technology Institute from 1971 to the present. Over 800 authors have contributed more than 56000 pages to the 1300 reports. Nearly all are online.

fti.neep.wisc.edu...

Way too many papers on HE3 Fusion there... have fun

Fusion Power Associates (FPA) Report List

FPA technical reports were published from 1982-1997 and report FTI research performed with the Kernforschungszentrum Karlsruhe.

fti.neep.wisc.edu...

Adjunct Professor Harrison H. Schmitt was the Moon's most recent visitor; he last co-taught the course, Resources in Space, in Spring 2004.

www.engr.wisc.edu...

His courses

NEEP602 Course Notes (Spring 1996)
Resources from Space
fti.neep.wisc.edu...

A little insiders report... from my collection... because I promised someone I would add them

]From: Guy Cramer
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 3:47 PM
To: John Lear
Subject: Re: Lt. Col. Timothy R. O'Neill (U.S. Army, Ret.)

Yes, Trinity Consulting is mine.

I've spoken with Dr. Larry Taylor, director of UT’s Planetary Geosciences Institute in Knoxville, Gerald Kulcinski, Director of the Fusion Technology Institute (FTI) at the University of Wisconsin at Madison and Harrison Schmitt, Chairman Of Interlune-Intermars Initiative, Inc. and Apollo 17 Astronaut regarding Helium 3 data, although we never got as far as discussing an extraction process.

BTW I recall that my Grandfather (I was his research assistant) had met with your Father, Bill Lear, on one or two occasions, here's an interesting story about my Grandfather and the Philadelphia Experiment:

www.hyperstealth.com...

Here is a page regarding the Lunar Mineral Rights secured by Dr. Joseph Resnick, Lt. Col. Timothy R. O'Neill, Ph.D. (U.S. Army, Ret.) and Guy Cramer www.specintel.com...
And this one for Mars www.specintel.com...

Sincerely,
Guy Cramer, President/CEO
HyperStealth Biotechnology Corp.

Hi, Ron...Good Morning!

Thanks for the note and you certainly touch on points of similiarity and interest (proving that great minds think alike!).

Your comment on 'liquifying' minerals on the moon is 'right on time'. Our group, presently, is engaged in deep discussion as to modifying the minerals to be harvested, and liquifying (H3, for example) is/has been the subject of much heated discussion. Actually, I suggested (to our group) not so much 'liquifying' ...but 'changing the state' . If you look at some of my patents...you'll note that in these I teach 'change of state' (from liquid to a gas, for example) to accomplish some desired result: Entropy vs Enthalpy, for example. The discussions continue as of this writing, with all suggestions being considered by our group (and others) prior to making recommendations to those within and outside our group.

On the mining-thing. I can only state that in the broadest of senses mining operations have taken place on the lunar surface and are presently being conducted on Mars .

Although the use of terminology, 'mining' has been downplayed (by NASA) and there exists an 'internal memo'

Use of terminology, e.g., 'mining', could be considered (by some countries) to constitute a violation of the International Space Treaty. Thus, NASA is real-careful about use of terminology that could be considered a breach of 'Policy and Protocol'. I can give you this stuff as it's 'public information'. You have to look between the spaces/lines for more info and draw your own conclusions.

Joe

Lunar Source for HE3

Levitated Dipole Fusion Confinement Concept project at MIT Plasma Science & Fusion Center

www.thelivingmoon.com...

I will stop there, though I do have a lot more on all the connections to the HE3 trail that lead from the Moon back to Earth

But there is one more piece to the puzzle... a NASTY piece that ties in a company you all love to hate... and the point of this thread

MONSANTO

Yes I said Monsanto... owner of the dirtiest, most unsafe nuclear research facility on Earth

A while back someone sent me a single document... declassified with all the appropriate marks... it was quite an eye opener.

First I had never heard of this lab before... slipped under my radar and it was supposed to be closed... a real environmental mess

MOUNDS LAB

Document here:
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Nice place to work eh? NOT

MOUND LABORATORY HISTORICAL INTERNAL DOSE RECONSTRUCTION,* J.L. Anderson, C.W. Bloom, E.M. Brackett, D.A. Dooley, (MJW Corporation, 338 Harris Hill Rd., Suite 208, Williamsville, NY 14221)
Due to concerns raised by workers at the Mound Laboratory, the Department of Energy (DOE) undertook to make several improvements to the Mound Radiological Safety Program. One of these tasks was to perform internal dose assessments for all individuals who were estimated to have received greater than 20 rem committed effective dose equivalent (CEDE) from all intakes that occurred prior to 1989. MJW began work in June 1997 and finished in September 2001. The work process was divided into two phases, the first consisting of data assembly, interpretation and screening, and the second consisting of individual intake and dose assessments. Approximately 2400 doses from a number of radionuclides (primarily polonium-210 and plutonium) were assessed for about 1550 individuals. Bioassay records consisted of data collected from 1944 to 1988, many of them in the form of paper records and logbook entries. This presentation will show the reconstruction process, some of the problems and pitfalls encountered, and offer suggestions for avoiding such problems in future dose reconstruction projects.
*(Work supported by BWXT of Ohio, Inc. under Contract Nos. 14143 and 2000-00372)

I have a lot of documents on that but for now I have only one more that is important to the HE3 Trail. I am sure others will add to this soon enough ;D

MONSANTO WAS DELIVERING LARGE VOLUMES OF HE3, A SUBSTANCE EXTREMELY RARE ON EARTH, TO MOUNDS LAB

IN 1963

1962 550 liters
1963 1250 liters
1964 3000 liters
1965 5100 liters

Here is the actual document in PDF
www.thelivingmoon.com...

This one ties Monsanto and Mounds Lab to Sandia Lab and Livermore Lab

www.thelivingmoon.com...

So Monsanto has deeper hooks than anyone thought...

Just where did they get all that HE3 in 1962-1965?

Lots more digging to do...

Time to get some sleep

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So in addition to wanting full control of our food supply, Monsanto is heavily involved in getting their greedy fingers on our future energy supply as well. Very interesting. Star and flag from me.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So 6000 Litres STP is 268 moles of Helium-3?

Is that a lot? I'm not sure, my chemistry is bad, can someone do the maths?

Anyway, I think the key here is Tritium, which decays into Helium-3.

The question then begs, has there been enough Helium-3 produced to make the above quota?

Apparently, since 1955 155 kgs of Helium-3 has been produced (as of 1993)

Leaving a surplus of 75 kgs according to the above source.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Great thread Zorgon.

It looks like that Helium3 was being sold for cheap. There was a an article about regular helium being sold at way below what the market would price it at.

Say, does anyone know many grams of Helium3 is in a liter (cubic meter)?

I've got it at 0.1785 grams per liter at STP, anyone else got anything different?

edit on 2-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

You know I love to hate Monsanto...

Now you have peaked my curiosity, Monsanto and He3...

Astronaut Harrison Schmitt's is one of only twelve men to walk on the lunar surface.

He's a trained geologist.

Schmitt thinks the Moon contains vast amounts of He3

Hel3 could fuel nuclear fusion plants.

"Extracting helium-3 from the Moon and returning it to Earth would, of course, be difficult, but the potential rewards would be staggering for those who embarked upon this venture. Helium-3 could help free the United States -- and the world -- from dependence on fossil fuels," Schmitt writes. Return To The Moon

1974 - A He3 nuclear magnetometer?

Our samples a r e c y l i n d r i c a l Pyrex absorpt
i o n c e l l s f i l l e d w i t h V.P.S. grade He3 supplied by
Monsanto Research Corporation.

ftp.boulder.nist.gov...

1995 He3 - Monsanto Chemical Corporation
www.fas.org...

1963 - Monsanto Chemical Corporation - He3
prola.aps.org...

Monsanto and He3 - Ruby Lasers

Thermal Diffusion As Purification Tool
Monsanto Research Corporation high purity He3

deepblue.lib.umich.edu...

Mound Lab - Monsanto and He3 Purification
www.osti.gov...;jsessionid=0BD4FE2BE7375653E4DEA86138DE3C02?purl=/4000102-UN9DZV/native/

edit on 2-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I had worked it out some time ago that 6 ltrs = 1 gram
Sounds pretty much the same as you stated.

Great Thread Zorgon!!
So just what are they doing with all this HE3 ????

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
so how much H3 mined until we lighten the Moon disrupting its orbit then destroy the oceans tides I wonder....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing.

It truly is an eye opener!!

Originally posted by zorgon

Lots more digging to do...

Keep us posted please!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
so how much H3 mined until we lighten the Moon disrupting its orbit then destroy the oceans tides I wonder....

How exactly is it stored on the moon? Is it in gas pockets or is it in a liquid form? I'm no chemist but I know that Regular Helium is lighter than air. Now on the moon, with no atmosphere, would the mass become lighter or heavier when the H3 is extracted. Again, I'm not a chemist so don't dog me too hard.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
"Extracting helium-3 from the Moon and returning it to Earth would, of course, be difficult, but the potential rewards would be staggering for those who embarked upon this venture. Helium-3 could help free the United States -- and the world -- from dependence on fossil fuels," Schmitt writes. Return To The Moon

Lunar Generated Fluid Cargo Transport

US PATENT 5,092,545
Method of Delivering Lunar Generated Fluid
to Earth Orbit Using an External Tank

Publication number: US5092545
Publication date: 1992-03-03
Inventor: BUTTERFIELD ANSEL J (US); GOSLEE JOHN W (US)
Applicant: NASA (US)

ABSTRACT

A method and apparatus are provided for delivering lunar generated fluid to Earth orbit from lunar orbit. Transport takes place in an external tank of a shuttle which has been suitably outfitted in Earth orbit for reusable travel between Earth orbit and a lunar orbit. The outfitting of the external tank includes the adding of an engine, an electrical system, a communication system, a guidance system, an aerobraking device, and a plurality of interconnected fluid storage tanks to the hydrogen and oxygen tanks of the external tank. The external tank is then propelled to lunar orbit the first time using Earth based propellant. In lunar orbit, the storage tanks are filled with the lunar generated fluid with the remainder tank volumes filled with lunar generated liquid oxygen and hydrogen which serve as propellants for returning the tank to Earth orbit where the fluid is off-loaded. The remaining lunar generated oxygen and hydrogen is then sufficient to return the external tank to lunar orbit so that a subsequent cycle of fluid delivery is repeated. A space station in a higher Earth orbit is preferably used to outfit the external tank, and a lunar node in lunar orbit is used to store and transfer the fluid and liquid oxygen and hydrogen to the external tank. The lunar generated fluid is preferably 3He.

Source

One Version... "Shuttle C" or "Aquila Cargo Transport"

But they will most likely use the Delta IV Heavy lifter as it calls for in this paper...

SPACE TRANSPORTATION FOR A LUNAR RESOURCES BASE (LRB)
Hubert P. Davis, Starcraft Boosters, Inc.
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Who owns "Aquila Cargo Transport"? Who owns Starcraft Boosters?

Why Buzz Aldrin of course

buzzaldrin.com...

buzzaldrin.com...

Of course none of this was on the web till recently... but when I first asked around about the Aquila with insiders and asked if they ever heard of it, only one person ever said "Yes"

That was Jack Arneson. You can read that here... The opening few paragraphs are about the Aquila
www.thelivingmoon.com...

edit on 2-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great thread zorgon.
Hopefully, a lot of us will get to work and uncover some more info on this subject.
S+F.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The Race To The Moon For Nuclear Fuel From 2006

NASA Nestled among the agency's 200-point mission goals is a proposal to mine the moon for fuel used in fusion reactors -- futuristic power plants that have been demonstrated in proof-of-concept but are likely decades away from commercial deployment.

Helium-3 is considered a safe, environmentally friendly fuel candidate for these generators, and while it is scarce on Earth it is plentiful on the moon.

As a result, scientists have begun to consider the practicality of mining lunar Helium-3 as a replacement for fossil fuels.www.wired.com...

But...too expensive. However, what if...

Robotic equipment would scrape and refine lunar soil. Helium-3 would be sent to Earth aboard a future space shuttle or perhaps be shot from an electric rail gun.
www.scribd.com...

Shot from electric rail guns?

Who has electric rail guns?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by simon_alex0327

Can some elaborate on this?:

The OP posted an internal Monsanto memo suggesting an increase to 6,000 litres. (Along with some numbers of already delivered amounts, in lesser quantities).

Ummm....so, what I'd like to ask....everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the HE3 "must" have come from the Moon?? In the 1960s and 1970s? Is that what I am reading, here?

Because, seems to me, if ONE tiny gram is = SIX litres......then 6,000 litres would weigh a whopping what?

One thousand grams? Correct me if I'm wrong, here....but one kilogram/year is the stated amount in that memo posted....doesn't appear to be much of a result, for such a long trip, to mine it....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well this is my train of thought too.

Perhaps enough tritium decayed to supply them?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm glad someone noticed.

Just, doesn't make sense that if the stuff were actually being acquired from the Moon, that the supply of it would be so abysmally small. Handy-dandy Wiki (of course, as a first stepping stone on a path to discovery) provides a suggestion as to the approximate known supply, derived from Earth-based "manufacturing" procedures :

Manufacturing

Due to the rarity of helium-3 on Earth, it is manufactured instead of recovered from natural deposits. Helium-3 is a byproduct of tritium decay, and tritium can be produced through neutron bombardment of lithium, boron, or nitrogen targets. Current supplies of helium-3 come, in part, from the dismantling of nuclear weapons where it accumulates; approximately 150 kilograms of it have resulted from decay of US tritium production since 1955, most of which was for warheads.
en.wikipedia.org...

Further reading of the article discusses both Terrestrial and extra-Terrestrial sources and estimated quantities (including the Moon). But, it is eye-opening, the reality of the difficulty in extracting He-3, even in the relatively rich Lunar regolith:

Because of the low concentrations of helium-3,

-- [>on the Moon

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by simon_alex0327

Can some elaborate on this?:

The OP posted an internal Monsanto memo suggesting an increase to 6,000 litres. (Along with some numbers of already delivered amounts, in lesser quantities).

Ummm....so, what I'd like to ask....everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the HE3 "must" have come from the Moon?? In the 1960s and 1970s? Is that what I am reading, here?

Because, seems to me, if ONE tiny gram is = SIX litres......then 6,000 litres would weigh a whopping what?

One thousand grams? Correct me if I'm wrong, here....but one kilogram/year is the stated amount in that memo posted....doesn't appear to be much of a result, for such a long trip, to mine it....

Your Lucy avatar says it all....sounds really crazy...can't prove it...but isn't it possible that there is an advanced government program that could be technically centuries ahead of what the common people know and see?

Monsanto (evil) has the connections scientifically to already be mining the moon for He3...and they have been there for years. Transferring the loads back would be done on the QT and anyone noticing the transfers would think they saw UFO's or the UFO's could also be a diversion.

Just a crazy thought...wish I could "prove" such a thing...wouldn't that freak out a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

In terms of a long-term business plan, it would make sense for Monsanto to purchase as much Helium3 as possible, even if they are not using it.

Ultimately it would drive up the price and help them corner the market. They might even be able to sell Helium3 back into the market that they initially took it out of to drive up the price and make money off of the shortage they helped create with their stockpiling.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

GO NAVY !!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by burntheships

GO NAVY !!!!

"Velocitas Eradico." Speed destroys.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e5294dcdb8e.jpg[/atsimg]
CREDIT: U.S. Navy Video by John Williams

www.livescience.com...

edit on 3-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Here is a recent article regarding how Helium is being sold at well below the price that a free market would set:

"The U.S. supplies nearly 80% of the helium used in the world," said Richardson, winner of the Nobel Prize in 1996. "The problem is that these supplies will run out in a mere 25 years, and the U.S. government has a policy of selling helium at a ridiculously low price."

There is no chemical means to make helium, Richardson says.

"But if we do run out altogether, we will have to recover helium from the air and it will cost 10,000 times what it does today."

"Unfortunately, party balloons will be $100 each rather than $3 but we'll have to live with that. We will have to live with those prices eventually anyway," he added.

Richardson has spent his life researching helium and believes the gas is remarkably under-priced.

"The U.S. government established a national helium reserve in 1925, and today a billion cubic metres of the gas are stored in a facility near Amarillo, Texas," he told newscientist.com. That reserve represents half of the global supply, which the U.S. is keeping artificially low to get out of the helium game.

"The price is dictated by a calendar," he said.

cnews.canoe.ca...

The article then goes on to say: "In 1996 Congress passed an act requiring that this strategic reserve, which represents half the Earth's helium stocks, be sold off by 2015. As a result, helium is far too cheap and is not treated as a precious resource."

As with Helium 3, it would make sense for a large corporation to use their funds to deplete this reserve as fast as possible, whilst building up their own reserves in the process - because once the strategic reserve is gone the market price will skyrocket and corporations holding Helium will profit immensely.

Helium3 is also running out. So when the price hits a certain level, maybe Monsanto will start putting their product on the market and make some nice profits.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join