It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas may begin a Voter ID?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Article

Republicans on Tuesday were pushing new ID requirements for Texas voters, one of a string of bills that conservative legislators have put on the fast track in the state Legislature.

The bill, which would require a photo ID for most voters, was being debated Tuesday night in a House committee after clearing the Senate in January. Voters older than 70 and disabled voters would be exempt.

Ive been somewhat watching this new Voter ID stuff for a bit now. I cant really see anything bad about this at the moment. Before my first time voting, Ive always had thought that we had to show ID in order to vote.

I just want to share this and see if I am missing something in this new Voter ID thing. Is there something bad that is hidden in all of this? I cant really find anything. I know, atleast here in Texas, we have to register to vote and get a registration card, but I dont really care if I have to show my ID at the same time to.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I don't really think it's necessary. Every time I go to vote they check my voter reg card and my driver's license. That's all the picture they need.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Here in Texas there doesn't seem to be a requirement for a picture id unless you do NOT have your voter registration card, even then I've been told a water bill could be made to suffice depending on the precinct judge. From a practical standpoint, I've always handed both registration card & license just like you - so what we've been doing as a courtesy would be mandatory under the new voter id provisions.
This doesn't seem like any imposition at all BUT for those folks who regularly vote in their former towns where they may have family, investments, or political connections but they do not reside there -- THOSE folks have something to worry about if their state id address doesn't match up with their voter registration card. When I lived in the big city this didn't seem like any problem at all, but out in rural Texas where a few dozen votes carry elections on a regular basis it makes a huge difference in election outcome.

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Discrimination against the politicians largest and favorite voting block - dead people .. Or will they get voter i.d too ? John Doe
Plot 4
Boneyard City u.s.a
Dead people have rights too..

top topics

join