It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airstrikes in Libya did not take place - Russian military (Breaking News!)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Russia is trying to paint the uprising in the Middle Eastern countries as a Western Conspiracy because they are afraid of possible unrest in their provinces that have a high Muslim population, or have lots of people who want more rights, like in Chechnya, Georgia, Dagestan, Ossetia, etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

You See.. that's the problem when you do not read the "ENTIRE POST". just get the "jist of it"!??
It comes back and bites you in the A$$!!

Getting "the jist" of something and fully understanding something are two different worlds and believe me, I have been here on ATS a good few years and too many people like you quite often misunderstand the intentions, analysis, and open minded hypotheses put forward by members and post ridiculous assumptions about other members to the point of totally false accusations.
Me supporting Kim Jong Il.. excuse me but maybe you should also have a quick buzz over my ATS ID and credentials. You gt this completely wrong dear friend.
I am nowhere near being a supporter of any dictator and I oppose violence in any form accept in true self defense.
The issue here is that you have absolutely no idea who I am, and what I am, so read please at th very least be polite and intelligent enough to read and understand entire posts like most "normal ATS" members do, to help you fully understand what the post is about" (if you can read properly) or go where else to express your immature opinion about established and respected members.
Game over.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was going to do a thread on the latest update regarding US air strikes, but did a search and found this thread. So it seems the strikes are moving closer to being reality now. The UN is now involved and if I were a betting man, I would say the strikes will happen. But, I would never literally bet on devastation, just saying....

spec

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Im watching BBC news channel at the moment and there have just been a new video of a Libyan Plane bombing..hmm

I just caught CBC and they are showing video of rebels in Benghasi shooting rifles in the air who claim to have shot down 2 planes, but I saw no sign of the downed planes.

Oops. Oh so sorry, I replied to this before realizing this was an older thread.
edit on 17-3-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
about time russia stepped in and did something so that all the power and influence on the african continent will not lie with nato.

china...chime in anytime!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
hmmmm... funny how russia is willing to take part in a conflict they pretend to protest just a few months ago...

"Russia wants to see Libya as an independent, single, sovereign and democratic state, an integral part of the Arab world and an inalienable part of the African Union, a worthy member of the international community," he was quoted as saying. "Russia is seeking to build a bridge between these two banks that separate Libyan society." At the recent G8 summit in France, Russian President Medvedev said he had agreed to try to mediate in the Libyan issue, and said Gadhafi's rule has lost legitimacy and he has to go. The dramatic shift of Russia's stance surprised the world and confused the Libyan government. Russia abstained from the UN Security Council vote in March that authorized NATO-led airstrikes to stop Gadhafi's forces from attacking civilians and had been criticizing the air operation in Libya.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
about time russia stepped in and did something so that all the power and influence on the african continent will not lie with nato.

china...chime in anytime!!

yeah! Oh, wait, they didnt do anything and now want to share the spoils of war.
guess they fooled you!

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join