It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airstrikes in Libya did not take place - Russian military (Breaking News!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by moosevernel

If you read my post It's about the Allies not the USA, the Allies kick everyones teeth down there throat and will continue to do so as long as the world turns.

World will come to a point where what you say just won't work. Everything that goes up must come down one day and allies or anything is no exception to this law. I'm not against it but just being rational.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vampiri

Still capable of war, yes.. But announcing 640 billion over 10 years doesn't instantly rebuild a army. In addition, I would hardly consider China to be on their side. Russia and China have territorial claims against each other. Also, the U.S. economy is much more important to Chinese growth and stability.

This isn't a ww3 trigger, this is just politics.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A - Russian media lies, obviously you were not alive 20 years ago to think Russian media is anything but a puppet for their ruthless/evil government.
B - Russia is not a super power, again you should have seen them in their heydey, they were something to behold, nowadays they're like a very large, broke, 3rd world country.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
reply to post by JanusFIN

Not sure if I can take them seriously with the computers in the story...
Looks like late 90's hardware.
And I doubt the Russians have night vision capable sat capability.

Omfg does everybody really think Russia lives in the stone-age or something?

Imo RT is one of the better news outlets and i tend to take them quite serious.
edit on 2/3/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
The main headline as it reads on CNN right now:
"Reports: Air attack underway on east Libya town."

Where is the link?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks to all from your postings and from staying in topic.

For my self, I have used to express also my motions here in ATS - deperate feeling coming from looking this developement in ME for years. Sorry if these are disturbing some others - I hope you all keep posting latest news and analysis, comments related this Russia-USA-Libya showdown, so we all get the latest from developing information war - and lets hope it stays so.

For conspiracist this claim made by Russian military chief is great evidence from large scale frauds in media and politics, happening again in MSM - Where is the truth, lets find it out together.

We are still out of world war III - lets hope together it stays so, even evidence is showing otherwise - and if this heats up - then we have to start act as one to stop madness and regroup our senses to stop any large scale maddness. Lets not go personal - and lets stay in topics!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Also for the millionth time Libya oil GOES TO EUROPE not the US. STop trying to make it a US oil grab. Italy, France and Germany get supplied from Libya. Stop grabbin at straws about oil. Something is up but it isnt about US going after Libyas oil

Oil is being traded with everybody. It is the asset that all need. When you trade oil, you trade at a price and a delivery date. It is traded globally. It drives the economy. When oil-prices rise too high like they are doing today, the stock-market reacts badly. Because most of our economical activities are dependent on oil. A rise in oil means every company have trouble. So, the oil-grab is not about stealing the physical oil. It is about making sure the global economical markets which is dominated by USA corporations has much activity. Because when the activity is high, USA has the reserve currency of the world and they can still print money to gain more economical dominance.

And, the operators who tap the oil today send the oil to EU. But, what happens when US corporations take control over the oilfields? Where is the oil shipped then? Perhaps USA? The point is that this does not have to be the case. Because to avoid the oil-crisis is what this is all about. And making sure that oil is traded in dollars. This is what they mean when they say wars is about oil. It's about maintaining the oil-dollar.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
Imo RT is one of the better news outlets and i tend to take them quite serious.
edit on 2/3/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

Even now? After the BBC news website on Libya revoution is showing the air attack video footage and cnn correspondent eyewitness accounts?

[sarcasm]
No..wait...forgeries. CGI. Balloons. Swamp gas. Chinese lanterns. Fuzzy footage. Video editing tricks. Trust Russians. Please. They don't lie and dont know how to lie.
[/sarcasm]

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by boondock-saint

...it's impossible as only you-know-who is in the news.

Voldemort??

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have to say I am a bit interested in the reliability of this information. I know RT is big on Youtube, but how reliable of a news source are they? The only article I can find in Russian media about anything to do with Libya is Russians opposition to the No Fly Zone

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by JanusFIN

I agree, i think this has the potential to become horrible.
If any military action is taken by the west at all i feel that Arab states in the ME will not like it at all. Gadaffi will not sit back he will fight. a full scale war may then start and we would just be waiting essentially for people to choose thier sides. That is how i see it anyway and i dont like it one bit.

Common people. FIghting LIBYA? How long can it last? Really. As usual its another propoganda crap that always springs up on the internet and tv channels between the east and west. Amazing how Russia help Iran build the reactors and now it also warned it has the potential to turn into another chernobyl. I think US and Russia are using the crisis to their advantage by shaking their hands behind the scenes but show opposition in their policies for the masses.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American

Everything that goes up must come down one day
What law is this? I know the one in Physics. I can tell you about another law...'Truth Will Triumph' anyday.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav

Originally posted by MrStyx
Also for the millionth time Libya oil GOES TO EUROPE not the US. STop trying to make it a US oil grab. Italy, France and Germany get supplied from Libya. Stop grabbin at straws about oil. Something is up but it isnt about US going after Libyas oil

Oil is being traded with everybody. It is the asset that all need. When you trade oil, you trade at a price and a delivery date. It is traded globally. It drives the economy. When oil-prices rise too high like they are doing today, the stock-market reacts badly. Because most of our economical activities are dependent on oil. A rise in oil means every company have trouble. So, the oil-grab is not about stealing the physical oil. It is about making sure the global economical markets which is dominated by USA corporations has much activity. Because when the activity is high, USA has the reserve currency of the world and they can still print money to gain more economical dominance.

And, the operators who tap the oil today send the oil to EU. But, what happens when US corporations take control over the oilfields? Where is the oil shipped then? Perhaps USA? The point is that this does not have to be the case. Because to avoid the oil-crisis is what this is all about. And making sure that oil is traded in dollars. This is what they mean when they say wars is about oil. It's about maintaining the oil-dollar.

Thats pure speculation there are plenty of Oil companies out there doing business not just US ones. Gazprom comes to mind as well as BP fresh of off polluting our coast. In fact Gazprom is the big winner in all of this and that is owned by Russia. China and Russia have recently broken away from the dollar in relations others have as well and more countries plan to follow. The economic power is already leaning towards the Asian market. With China heading the table.

Global private corporations do not serve the United States of America. Google comes to mind as they abide by the rules of the counrty they work in. We dont agree with their stance about China but they serve profit like everyone else. You can call it a dollar a, Yaun, Euro or whatever you want in the end its control. Despite that fact Libya's oil was never under US control to begin with so to try to run in and make a play to try to trade it in dollars makes no sense, unless something else is coming down the pike

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is not breaking news. This is complete crap. RT is completely unreliable. I have been reading and watching the REAL Russian news habitually and they all reported the airstrikes. Don't believe this BS.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by boondock-saint

wow that was quick i heard on BBC an hour ago that they were only planning to move on Benghazi after retaking another city i cant remember the name of. Do you think this is true??

I watched his speech live on Al Jazeera, so yes, I would imagine it is true, unless he is lying.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Aljazeera is reporting that airstrikes are taking place...

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Some of the latest news conserning Russia (SCO) -USA (NATO) information (cold)war declared...

Moscow imposes entry ban on Japanese CEOs for anti-Russian rhetoric

en.rian.ru...

Russia’s foreign minister cautions world leaders on military action against Gaddafi

Russia’s NATO ambassador Dmitry Rogozin has also cautioned against moving militarily against Gaddafi without UN authorisation.

“If someone in Washington is seeking a blitzkrieg in Libya, it is a serious mistake because any use of military force outside the NATO responsibility zone will be considered a violation of international law,” the paper quoted Rogozin, as saying.

“A ban on the national air force or civil aviation to fly over their own territory is still a serious interference into the domestic affairs of another country, and at any rate it requires a resolution of the UN Security Council,” he added.

truthdive.com...

'No-targeting' pact key to missile defense deal with NATO - Lavrov

en.rian.ru...

Canadian warship sails towards Libya

www.presstv.com...

US invasion of Libya?

“The only reason they are interested in Libya is for their oil. Do you hear anybody screaming and yelling here about all those people that were killed last week on the Ivory Coast or in Sudan?” Celente questions. “We already heard Hillary Clinton say that they are willing to do anything for anybody in Libya that needs aid.”

“There are events unfolding in the Ivory Coast where there is also an armed conflict between rebels and the government, but nobody seems to be thinking of that,” said John Laughland from the Institute of Democracy and Cooperation. “It’s only because fashionable attention is focused on Libya – oil but also for the political implications of the Middle East as a whole. We all know that the West including Britain has got its hands very dirty with the Libyan leadership over the recent years.”

“I was recently in both Tahrir Square in Cairo and in Tunis and I think that the western powers have to be very clear that the last thing that the people who topple their dictators in the Middle East want is the intervention of the Western powers,”

rt.com...

NATO does not plan intervention in Libya – RT exclusive

“If the US and Britain decide to intervene, that will be a gross violation of all international laws. This can be sanctioned only by the UN,” Rogozin said. “I talked to the alliance’s secretary general, and I hope Moscow’s voice was heard.”

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well that news report was underwhelming.

That was evidence of.........................................................the fact that idiots shoot guns up into the air, for no apparent reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

Why are you blaming messanger? RT is only reporting what Army is telling them...
...You think theu lie what their own army head is saying?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join