It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8,500 Protest in Columbus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Article

COLUMBUS, Ohio – An Ohio legislative committee is nearing a vote on a bill to restrict collective bargaining for the state's 350,000 teachers, firefighters, police officers and other workers.

The revisions include a ban on public employee strikes and call for penalties if workers take part in walkouts. The bill would limit vacation and sick time.

Some 8,500 labor sympathizers turned out Tuesday to protest the measure at the Statehouse in Columbus.

This article came out about 20 minutes ago, so Im guessing it will be updated after awhile.

Ive heard that this has been the biggest turnout of protesters in Ohio since this began awhile ago. I belive Wisconsin has definantly had the biggest turn out so far, with atleast 70,000 I think, but I could be wrong.

What will this bill do? Ban public employees stikes, limit vacation/sick time, and penalize them if they do a walkout, and restrict collective barganing rights.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Notice how many of the 50 states in the US have budget deficits and how mainstream media and all the clueless idiots who let mainstream media own their thoughts are claiming that the problem is the Unions. Most clueless idiots now believe this because mainstream media has been quite busy drilling it into the sheeple's minds on a daily basis. When you are home on Sundays, you wake up to the Sunday morning news talk shows which feature paid shills who come on TV to seed opinions into the sheeple's minds. This is how they are owning your thoughts.

Mainstream media only focuses on state deficits and the Unions as being the culprit behind the problem but what they won't talk about is how Wall Street caused the whole mess. Yes, Wall Street and the Federal Reserve caused this mess and we the common man are ending up paying for their mistakes.

They are also using this as an opportunity to go after what collective bargaining power the common man has left. Through a Union, the common man can effectively rebel against the establishment and in most cases win against unfavorable terms. Without the power of the Union, the common man will be easily exploitable by the establishment. This is one reason why they are using this as an opportunity to get rid of the powers of Unions. It is a systematic dismantling of the common man's abilities to fight back and resist total control.

They are very clever in their methods. Everything they do is deception based. You are not just being deceived in the "here and now". The deception began a long time ago way before you were even born. Satan has seeded his deception along the way and through his Reptilian Human Hybrid Workers on this Earth, he has continued to subdue and enslave the minds of the common man through the power of the money system he inspired and seeded into human civilization. When you are sinning or being tempted, it is not just then and there that he is tempting you. The temptation began a long long time ago.

The mortal man with his mortal weaknesses and his fragile mind cannot compare in capacity and abilities to the Evil Ones capabilities because he is an immortal being with special powers. When God needed his son to be born into this world, he needed a mortal human body to house his son's soul. When Satan needed workers who could walk amongst human beings to carry out his agenda of deception, he and his demons bred Reptilian human hybrids.

Wake up to the Reptilian deception, pledge your love and allegiance to the Creator. Renounce Satan.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phfaty

PFATY you had me going until you brought in the reptilian stuff and you lost me. I was rooting and chanting reading your post until evil satan the reptilian underworld crap. I totally agree with the first half but didn't comprehend the second... maybe I am ignorant as to your reasoning for the reptilian reference? I'll do some research on the evil reptiles and get back with you on on whether I can coincide with the rest before I pass judgement as the validity. I believe in heaven and hell and I am a christian but the reptile human spawn doesn't ring a bell. Again thanks for the first half
edit on 2-3-2011 by agentblue because: add

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
alright ohio
its about time

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I am on the protesters side. Were the unions not the forces that made the workplace in the US better back in the early 1900s?

To me, it seems that these bills are trying to destroy the workers ability to ask for better conditions in the workplace. What would happen if the workers were unable to voice their concerns? Are they not supposed to be freely able to ask for better conditions anymore?

Democratic lawmakers called the move union-busting. Their GOP counterparts argue it's necessary to tackle an overreach of union power they consider a road block to serious fiscal reform

Heres what one of the State Senators said.

"We're staying focused on reducing the cost of government and making Ohio competitive," said Republican State Sen. Shannon Jones. "The first place to start is with our own budgets."

Article

Competitive? How is limiting workers right to ask for better conditions competitive? I dont really understand.

We will have to wait and see if anything new happens tomorrow.

Senate lawmakers are expected to reconvene Wednesday morning at 10a.m. ET.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I found another pretty in depth article.Here

What was this protest called? "Rally To Save Ohio's Middle Class"

Heres a few pictures of the protest.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c578c2eab91.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5dee3acbb77.jpg[/atsimg]

Columbus firefighter Lt. David Blair said that for him, the issue is more than money.

"For me, it's about safety. Our fire gear is subject to negotiation. If they take away the tools to do our job, people will perish," he said.

Apparently, strikers can go to jail if this bill passes.

Although police and firefighters are already prohibited from striking, the amendment would eliminate the right to strike for all public employees. Those who go on strike anyway would have pay deducted at the rate of twice their daily rate of pay for each day of the strike. The penalty for violating a court injunction against a strike is a fine up to $1,000, up to 30 days imprisonment, or both.

Plus, the workers would now have to pay 15% of the cost of their health care insurance premiums.

I dont really understand what some of the stuff in this bill is supposed to do, and I dont even understand the wording of some of it, but I think I get the gist of it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef8f962b807d.jpg[/atsimg]

I think this last picture pretty much sums up the majority of our government,
edit on 2-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I respect your decision to disagree with me on the last part. Regretfully, I hope that someday you too will wake up like I have after so many years of being exactly like you are.

Originally posted by agentblue
reply to post by phfaty

PFATY you had me going until you brought in the reptilian stuff and you lost me. I was rooting and chanting reading your post until evil satan the reptilian underworld crap. I totally agree with the first half but didn't comprehend the second... maybe I am ignorant as to your reasoning for the reptilian reference? I'll do some research on the evil reptiles and get back with you on on whether I can coincide with the rest before I pass judgement as the validity. I believe in heaven and hell and I am a christian but the reptile human spawn doesn't ring a bell. Again thanks for the first half
edit on 2-3-2011 by agentblue because: add

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Unions did not cause the State budget deficits in the first place. Why should they pay for someone else's problems? Mainstream media won't make the connection because they are in on the scam. Unions did not steal people's homes. Unions did not loot trillions of untaxed dollars from your pockets. Unions did not cause the price of food and fuel to go up. Unions did not cause millions of Americans to lose their jobs. They did not. The only reason why many people think Unions are responsible for this mess is because Mainstream Media has owned their thoughts. It is not about Democrats versus Republicans, nor is it about rich versus poor. It is about the common man versus an evil system of economic slavery that was most likely inspired by Satan as a way to easily control and manipulate mankind to sin against the Creator.

new topics

top topics

join