It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reflections and Mirrors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This topic was brought up in chat and I felt it would make for a good discussion.

First of all, mirrors have always intrigued me. It was always such a trip how a mirror is a reflection of yourself, yet it is not what other people see.... One reason being that the image is flipped, but many other reasons as well factor into the equation.

Whoa... I'm already gettin all amazed by this.

But yeah you know what I mean. First of all, the mirror flips your image, which is crazy when you are trying to cut your own hair, etc.

Moving on, have you ever tried looking into your own eyes? WOW! It is like looking within yourself and seeing the driver of the vehicle. omg this is such a cool topic.

Anyway, just wanted to bring this up for discussion because I know a lot of people think mirrors are interesting.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Mirrors and Magnets....How do they work???

Questions all great minds (or stoners) ponder.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Mirrors and Magnets....How do they work???

Questions all great minds (or stoners) ponder.

Speaking of that I need to go get some scooby snacks lol.........

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I dont trust that prick in the mirror... he's always looking at me... no matter what... i look away and look back... he's still looking at me... I've tried tricking him... he must constantly stare at me!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
This topic was brought up in chat and I felt it would make for a good discussion.

First of all, mirrors have always intrigued me. It was always such a trip how a mirror is a reflection of yourself, yet it is not what other people see.... One reason being that the image is flipped, but many other reasons as well factor into the equation.

Whoa... I'm already gettin all amazed by this.

But yeah you know what I mean. First of all, the mirror flips your image, which is crazy when you are trying to cut your own hair, etc.

Moving on, have you ever tried looking into your own eyes? WOW! It is like looking within yourself and seeing the driver of the vehicle. omg this is such a cool topic.

Anyway, just wanted to bring this up for discussion because I know a lot of people think mirrors are interesting.

Try it with '___' sometime

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i like getting so close to the mirror i can see my reflection in my eyeball
its me looking from my eyes at myself at my eye looking at myself looking at me and on and on and on and on
and they all seem so distant
not me at all
i am observing myself observing myself being someone else
s n f
love this #
also going the speed of light holding a mirror ...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yes good topic

I have thought about this many times, I come to the thought of light & sight... we know there is a speed of light but I would like to know the speed of sight and is it really a speed, seems more like I am asking what the speed of comprehension is.

also without light there is no sight, with no sight/light a mirror is just glass.
so we have our sight our consciousness comprehending what we see, what we see is all light. and time is just as irrelevant as our reflection....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
BUMMMMP HELLO START THIS THREAD AGAIN!!!!
theres some truth in all this....
BUMP BUMP BUMP

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sometimes there person in the mirror cusses at me

Then he continues to make fun of me

I don't like this mirror person!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What would happen if you were inside a sphere, and the inside lining was all mirror. There was no lightbulb, but a magical light source (no physical thing emitting the light), so it was just you. Imagine how rad that would look. Every angle of the mirror would reflect a part of you, and the same angles would reflect the other angles reflecting you.

I think it would just collapse into an infinitesimal speck, because it would just be too insane.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Hahah love this post.

You think it'd be physically possible to construct though? And what if the light source were your clothing or something else attached to you in order to simplify things?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

dont do it with with '___',jesus i couldnt even reconise myself

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy
reply to post by Hawking

dont do it with with '___',jesus i couldnt even reconise myself

the mirror was waving like water so I just laughed seeing myself cause it looked like one of those amusement park mirrors that make you fat and skinny LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What really freaks me out is my right hand is the left hand of the person in the mirror... check it out.

Makes me wonder if it's not some other alternate reality that happens exactly like this one but the other me is exactly reversed.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

For the love of God and all that is Holy...mindblown.

new topics

top topics

join