It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dream of Being a Newborn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Took a warm bath this afternoon, and dozed off. I moved into a lucid state for a short period of time after my "normal dream" ended. I was aware I was still sleeping but was experiencing myself as an infant. It was strange in the fact that I had the distinct sensation and perception of being a newborn, yet was observing with my adult awareness simultaneously. The infant perception was that of comfort and purity, and a sharp awareness of emotion and sensation but a dulled awareness of any surroundings or things outside of myself. As I was absorbed in this state, I had a clear "knowing" of what it was like to be a newborn. It had a very very distinct feel to it. I began to feel as though I could move back further in time to know "where I came from". This is very hard to describe as it was all so very sensory. The only visual I saw was that of pure white milk with also a comforting sensing of the nourishment of milk. There was a grey background to it all, but it was a very warm and settling state. As I started to sink deeper into the awareness and feel as though I could and was moving back in "time" (it was more moving back into an understanding, knowing or remembering rather than time) to experience what and where I was before birth...the phone rang, and pulled me out of it. Although I was disappointed that I didn't fully move into the knowing of pre-birth, I really felt as though I could have gone back to before conception, and I awoke with a settling feeling and a continued sense of that purity of a new human form. After a few minutes I opened my eyes, and strangely everything in the bathroom looked harsh to me. The colors in the tiles on the wall were heavily contrasted, the hair clippers looked very jagged, the light fixtures, the shelf...they all looked so harsh...except for the ivy plant perched upon the shelf. It was as if in this sensation of purity, all that was manmade stood out as strange alien objects.

With this awareness that continued for a little while longer came other interesting "revelations", but the thing that struck me about what had just happened, is that I gathered a sense of knowing of my existence before coming into a new human form. As does everyone, I've always wanted the comfort of knowing we continue when we leave our bodies, but I didn't think I get a hint of the comfort of knowing we must be eternal from attempting to "remember" pre-birth.

I'm not sure if this was just a subconscious sensory memory of being a baby or something else, but it was a very comforting experience that I hope my dream state might take me into again.

edit on 2-3-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

Wow! Thank you for sharing that, I do not think I have dreamed anything like that or lucid dreamed anything like that before.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

I've had lucid dreams before but this was a very different experience. It was more than a dream in which I was aware. It made me feel like I could understand any mysteries of the universe I wanted through my own consciousness. Don't know if that will ever actually happen or not,
, but it tells me I shouldn't put so much effort on looking outside myself for answers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yeah, I have had lucid dreams before, and your experience did not sound like any that I have had yet.

Who knows, maybe you will get to learn more during the next dream/experience.

Good luck,
-John Jr

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Funny that you say that it had to do with you taking a warm bath... It's well known within the spiritual community that water is used as a binder to dream and meditate.... just don't drown

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I've always had a habit of nodding off in the tub, but usually don't let myself nap in there like I did the other day. Maybe I'll start using it as my meditation/dream zone...while wearing a life vest!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You made me laugh with the, life vest part.

Maybe I should try sleeping in a tub of water one day and see what happens.

I will have to be careful not to drown though, which almost most happened to me at a pool once, when I was a kid (Almost drowning is not too bad once you get past the panic stage and you start to black out, it felt peaceful near the end but my dad saved me before that happened
).

edit on 3/2/2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Typo

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

Maybe just put your feet in a foot spa while you snooze on the couch!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Good idea, but I never sleep sitting on the sofa/couch.

But, maybe I will try that one day.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
great lucid dream! I have had some "similar" to that but not quite like that one. I, too, have been having incredible dreams for the past year but recently they seem even more fantastic. I feel it has something to do with the area of space we are moving into..that whole "aligning with the galactic center" thing and moving into some area of energy we havn't experienced before but that is just my opinion.

Specifically, my dreams feel like they are becoming multi-dimensional within themselves. I am living in and living out lives in other places..other "me"s. I don't look the same and in some cases don't act the same and (being a male) now more frequently dream I am female. The last one that reminds me of how different your experience was to you, was the fact I was a female with a newborn and I was breast feeding. Talk about DIFFERENT! ha! I could feel everything about my body and what it felt like even though I have no idea (this lifetime
).

In other dreams I live in incredible cities that don't exist and on other planets I'm assuming (or dimensions) with interesting landscapes and skylines. The last 6 months they have doubled from the previous 6 months before that. It has started me feeling more connected to everything and delving into my consciousness and experiencing what others do by being these "other people". It has just become an incredible experience. Hope you have many more!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

Wow! Thank you for sharing that, I would like to read some more of your dreams too.

This year has been an interesting year for dreams so far, I have been remembering more of my dreams than usual, so far I have remembered some of my dreams every day this week!

I think more people should start recording their dreams, and sharing them if possible; I know I am starting to type some of mine down again.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dreampsi

Wow, that's cool! Maybe that tells us, if we really wanted to, we could see what it's like to be in someone else's shoes. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
wow love it!!!
thanks for sharing that, Im still a noob here so i cant post my lucid dreams yet ^^ but soon!!

i have my best lucid dreams during acupuncture or during meditation, but I meditate during acupuncture too. never tried in water, i think i might try this too.

I was just asking myself if i was to go back to when i was a baby, would it be the same as your experience? and i dont think it would at all. I was a Colic baby, and cried more then the average colic baby, i was also hypersensitive and still am, and had an allergic reaction to everything i ate. my mother shot me in the ass with steroids to combat my allergic reactions to all the GMO's i know today i was fed.. and my mother was unable to breast feed ?!?o.O?!? i got all my shots and had alot of trouble making eye contact with people. i mean, what hell did i come into where all i ate was poisons and toxins? where the very water we drink is dangerous for us, and you are deprived of the comfort of breast milk.. i was a very unhappy spiritual being as a baby. and I dont think i would want to go back to that, if i didnt have too.

part of me thinks i came into this world like i had just entered Hell. and i still walk around today feeling like that. but I couldn't be more happier to be here during the "end times" ~ What a blessing it is! as painful as it is too... its truly a blessing to be the first brave enough to put your foot into the door.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vlena

Interesting, thank you for sharing that, good luck getting 20 posts; I look forward to reading some of your dreams.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vlena

You poor thing. Steroids...you must have had or at least ended up with candida overgrowth I would guess. Thank goodness I was breastfed, but I ended up with all sorts of immune and food allergy issues soon after as well. It's sad how we can be given a good start with breast milk, just to have it all stripped away soon there after.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thank you! ^^ I might do 2 posts, like.. every 2 days, so it could take me like 20 days, unless i get flamed for some reason
lol then i might post more! but im in no rush, there is more to read here then to write i think ^^

but dont worry, all the issues of my childhood are no different in a sense to many other people's entire life, I mean, i like to think the scary things are what make me as i am today. Weather they are stretched out over a period of 60 years, or all compacted together in a few short years; we only come out greater. My parents did a lot of drugs too, and that probably didn't help me any, it sometimes takes me an hour to write a post because of my dyslexia, so i wont do it often as i suffer terribly to the point i see entire rooms backwards and feel lost until i close my eyes. and i probably wont even read 10% of the threads posted here.

I am not against drugs at all, if you feel so lost you need to expand your mind using a substance rather then wait until your body does it naturally, then that rush into knowledge leaves you with a child you have no clue how to handle... I say just be expected to pay the price whatever it might be, It was probably harder for my mother then it was for me. If one is not ready for children, having a child with many disabilities, is going to be ALOT harder.

But that is exactly how we expand and learn, as awful as it is to be a child for many children in this world, we can learn unconditional love, every-time someone hurts us, be it the government, or a parent, or a friend, it gives us a chance to think of them as like us, and to forgive and grow in understanding and compassion,

Every awful person and thing in this world Its only a blessing in disguise really!! You might think im am only fooling myself and trying to think positively about a dire situation to get through my life, but that is also the disguise, i think quite negatively too, sometimes i feel nothing.. just at this moment, I do not,and really this moment is the only thing important to me this moment! lol

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vlena

I absolutely agree that the difficulties in life teach us. If I hadn't had so much trouble physically as well, I would have never learned so much about natural medicine and been able to positively share that with others. I just know how hard it can be to endure health challenges like you've had especially when it involves food sensitivities.

new topics

top topics

join