It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I Guess This How The End Begins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect everyone to agree with me. This would be because not everyone has the same beliefs as I do, and I respect others enough not to force them on anyone. But I thought I would share this with those on ATS who may agree with me.

Is this the beginning of the end? Is all of this chaos is the middle east going to bring the "king", or "ruler" that is prophesized in the Bible who is the Anti Christ? I could see it happening. Alot of the events taking place right now, are actually prophesized in the bible. These events have been taking place for some time now. Its all just been progressing into something big, and horrific. I don't know If 2012 will bring anything, but if it does, I feel we could see the emergence of the anti christ. If not 2012, I think we will be alive long enough too see this happen sometime in the not too distant future.

There has been no other time in history that the conditions on earth actually make sense for this prophecy to take place. To be honest the thought of the whole thing gives me the creeps. But I believe what I believe, and I cant worry too much, and just have some kind of faith. I'm no "bible thumper". I've been told about these things, and read about them since I was a child. So in the back of my mind, Ive always kinda looked out for this to happen I guess.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts, theories or suggestions?
I partly posted this because of a Thread I made in the Middle East section called "Why Is All Of This Chaos Happening?". Some of the responses I received inspired me to post this here.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I am a Bible thumper, this is the end times. It's not a time of fear as long as you have faith in God's perfect plan. Im ready to go. Do you have Jesus in your heart? Ask Him to come into yours so you'll be ready too.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
With any luck the immortal God Emperor will reveal himself and we can begin preparing for the Horus Heresy.
40k joke aside.

I like how you presented this topic, and I look forward to reading others replies and insights. Personally, I take the stance of "I do not know". Maybe it's gearing up for the end, maybe it isn't. I don't like the idea of selling yourself on it being set in stone. Predictions of coming end times tend to make you look foolish down the roads if they don't happen. IE; Suicide Cults.

I enjoy all speculation of the sort though. If not proven, it atleast provides an entertaining read.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
oh boy here we go..haha
no i dont want to be the subject of an unfair tyrant forever, or even for a little while. i certainly hope the world doesnt end, i hope we all live happy peaceful lives forever. sadly we cant live forever, but if you want to... id suggest you hit some other books other than the bible. who knows maybe some one will find a breakthrough in life expansion.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well things in the world are getting worse but hopefully things will get better. some info for your contemplation

The Antichrist is mentioned only four times in the Bible, and each time he's described the same way:
"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the Antichrist." (2 John 1:7) Yep: The Antichrist is anyone who doesn't believe in Christ.

There are characters in the Book of Revelation who will help usher in the End of Days: for instance, there is a False Prophet, who looks like a lamb and talks like a dragon (figuratively, we're assuming). And then we have "The Beast" from Revelation 13, which is described as "coming out of the sea" with 10 horns, seven heads, 10 crowns and other body parts that do not even resemble a human body accidentally.

The beast is who is associated with the number 666, by the way. It wasn't until the second century that some dude named Saint Irenaeus started calling it the Antichrist, borrowing the term from another part of the Bible that wasn't referring to it. But even that did very little to change the fact that The Beast would have a hell of a time getting elected to public office since it looked like ... well, a beast.

It wasn't until the Middle Ages that the Antichrist was portrayed as a guy rather than a huge multiheaded monster. Thus the Antichrist, as a figure in pop culture and cheap-shot accusation was born. Countless novels (like the worldwide bestselling Left Behind series) and movies have helped push the concept to where it is today.

So to summarize, millions are awaiting what they believe is the fulfillment of an ancient biblical prophecy that is in reality cobbled together from at least three different characters from the Bible

Source

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Humans are evolving in technology every day. were learning how to live longer, how to kill each other, how to dominate what we can't control. There could be someone watching us. watching us get smarter, and when were at the top of our game and achieve space flight technology, they wipe us out, as if they knew they would be discovered eventually. 2012 may be a breakthrough in technology. It may be medical, like cancer is cured.
Maybe another star-wars movie will come out, Who knows. It may just be that man realizes how un-altering our existance is right now, and we should get out there and explore our universe. All i know is, many people will die when we hit the year 2012. From suicide, terrorist attacks, and murder. Most of the suicides will be from people who believe the world will end, and don't want to live through it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well I suppose its more about the end of what we have been living over the last few thousand years, rather than the begging of the end.The difference is we are becoming more and more aware of the mess we have got ourselves in. As for the anti-christ, if you look through history there has been a lack of christ in humans for ages, christ is the word that describes a fair and just consciousness with healing abilities. The anti christ is none other than the lack of those qualities, the potential is always there. The rest is up to you.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pintobean

Gods plan has a lot of room for improvement if he can't keep the world together for a few thousand years...

Jesus is as likely to push you off a roof as he is to help you, so don't get your hopes up. If you eat enough flesh wafers and blood wine you might be ok tho.

make sure to remind everyone you see that they will burn in hell forever because they didn't pray to your "kind" god and his "miraculous" son.

bring a book because you will be in line behind all the pedofile priests, who have surely spread "gods" word far more effectively than you have, and so "theoretically" should get into heaven before you because jesus will forgive them as long they confess.

You still have time bukko. Come back to your people and leave your slave life behind you. The world will not end if we all discard the control the holy books have had over us for thousands of years.

There is always room on the good side, even for bible thumpers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
jesus h christ
i just had a little scare

the title of this thread is"Well, I Guess This How The End Begins", then i thought to my self what is some religious nutjob nukes MY town and kills my family... really puts things in perspective...

the thing that really gets me is that there's gonna be religious ppl that will say, oh not ALL religious ppl are crazy... thus defending and justifying the crazies.

yes, i do believe when we put aside all our differences, we'll live more peacefully.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
i am a god and i have plans
you are a god and you should have plans too
you shouldnt be waiting for another god and his plans
because that then would make you no longer a god.
and your plans would now be his plans

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think that if we continue to anticipate the coming singularity in terms of Biblical prophesy we will limit the future to Christian definitions. Christian belief systems are maleable. They modulate and mutate depending upon the social and historical imperitives at work during any period. To frame this period in Christian terms can hinder our understanding of our true predicament.

When there is no rapture and Jesus does not return for the faithful, Christians who have gone out on a limb with predictions and prophesy will either loose faith or twist their memetic system once again to explain why. From a study of Christian history it is highly unlikely that they will blame themselves. They will blame everyone else and I for one do not envy a future if unraptured Christians are in charge.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pintobean
I am a Bible thumper, this is the end times. It's not a time of fear as long as you have faith in God's perfect plan. Im ready to go. Do you have Jesus in your heart? Ask Him to come into yours so you'll be ready too.

does this not conflict with your signature? what if you dont care one way or the other re jesus but you are devoted to "god", however you conceive it to be.

yes, i think thats where we're at.

the end begins!

or has begun some time ago and is now revving up. there are hosts of prophecies from all sorts of cultures around the world that all speak of a sticky ending to our present way of life. no prophecies speak of sweetness and light as a way of life UNTIL we pass thru a not very pleasant time.
although many people are changing in recent years there is still a large number of individuals/corporations/governments who are hell bent on greed. i dont know if the cia/illuminati/alquaida have inspired this arab thing lately or if its spontaneous but whichever, it sure seems to have an energy of its own now. it could be mossad, considering their motto of "by deception shall we make war".
is the whole mood around the world including the suns behaviour connected to the large body entering our solar system that nasa wont say much about? time may reveal all.
edit on 2-3-2011 by orangutang because: 4got to reply to OP

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
is it the end?

Or the beginning?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The darkest hour is always just before the dawn.

It appears that bad has to happen first on this planet for good to follow.

I don't do bible thumping or prophecy, as interesting as they are. But I suspect things are going to get a lot worse for everyone, as matter of someone or something's dastardly plan before our fast asleep and dreaming comrades awaken to see that everything has gone pear shaped............by design

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
One way or another, we'll all be quite relieved by the time we roll over to 2013.

We can be hypochondriacs until then, or we can hold on tight to our higher thought patterns, and try to prepare for and enjoy the interim with every second we're afforded.

Relief is surely coming, as this too shall pass.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm a Bible thumper too - there are three documents one needs to understand our present predicament:

the Holy Bible

the account of George Washington's vision at Valley Forge

Albert Pike's letter to Guisseppe Mazzini (easy to find on the www)

the last of the three lays the history of the past century out in some detail, or at least in outline.

Laz
edit on 2-3-2011 by Lazarus Short because: corrected spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You state that "no other time is as fitting as now" for the end times to occur. (I'm sorry if this is not exact, but I believe this was your opinion).

Wouldn't, right before the start of WWII, been as fitting? The Depression hit, people were starving, bread lines were blocks long, and people wondered if relief would ever come.

The world was already falling apart before our envolvement in WWII....couldn't that same chaotic period have been thought to be the end times as well?

I guess I am wondering what you feel is the silver bullet that makes the timing right now? (Other than the fact that it hasn't happened before of course. ha ha...)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MoreFunky85

People have been predicting the end of the world at least once a month regularly since 1999, and countless times in previous years. It's like the boy who cried wolf. This all stems from the human condition where people don't want to die by themselves, but want the whole world to die with them. People can't stand the fact life will go on without them. The earth will be around for another 1.5 billion years, then the sun will burn this rock up.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I know there has been many hoaxers in the past making claims when the end will be and blah blah blah, but we are in times where Gods word is all adding up without mans own interpretations. This isn't a time where some things are adding up...this is time where all things are adding up.

If all these things that are connecting aren't the signs that we are in the end, then I don't know what is!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
reply to post by MoreFunky85

People have been predicting the end of the world at least once a month regularly since 1999, and countless times in previous years. It's like the boy who cried wolf. This all stems from the human condition where people don't want to die by themselves, but want the whole world to die with them. People can't stand the fact life will go on without them. The earth will be around for another 1.5 billion years, then the sun will burn this rock up.

..and you can't stand the fact that there is a living God, Jesus did come in the flesh, and all things foretold in the Bible have happened, are happening, and will continue to happen.

"This all stems from the human condition where people don't want to die by themselves, but want the whole world to die with them."

There goes you ego..."this ALL stems". This isn't true. Read my thread in the prophecies/predictions forum of the connections to the end times that I've made, not through my own interpretations.

Is your mind really that closed? Couldn't you think people made these predictions to get attention? To sell books about it? To get a following?

All these connections I made did not stem from me not wanting to die by myself or anything else I listed as other causes to false predictions!

Get off your high-horse...
edit on 2-3-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join