It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the *Bleep* Is All Over My Car!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am curious. Sunday night into Monday, we had a heavy rain come in. I live in West Kentucky. We got almost 3 inches total I think... anyway... my car is covered in a rust colored dusty spotted mess. Not just mine, everyones! It looks like we all took off, ran through some water holes then went barrelling down a red dirt gravel road. I raked mud almost off the front of my cars grill. I have never seen anything like it.

According to the local news... it is called "dirty rain". Supposedly, there was a big dust storm in Texas, the dust was picked up in the clouds and came down on us in the rain we got yesterday... I am not screaming conspiracy, I just have never seen this in my life. Have any of you experienced this "dirty rain"? It is a reddish colored dust ... its weird!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Here in Arizona, we sometimes get odd colored rain because of dust. I think its pretty normal, though not exactly common.

Thanks for sharing though, hope it helps

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm not going to say the explanation is the cause but it does happen where dust is kicked up and the dust particles are the nucleus of drops precipitation.
I've lived in California all my life and have seen similar occur on my white VW: when you'd think the rain would wash the dirt off, the car was left with a dirty gray residue from the smog and such.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I am curious. Sunday night into Monday, we had a heavy rain come in. I live in West Kentucky. We got almost 3 inches total I think... anyway... my car is covered in a rust colored dusty spotted mess. Not just mine, everyones! It looks like we all took off, ran through some water holes then went barrelling down a red dirt gravel road. I raked mud almost off the front of my cars grill. I have never seen anything like it.

According to the local news... it is called "dirty rain". Supposedly, there was a big dust storm in Texas, the dust was picked up in the clouds and came down on us in the rain we got yesterday... I am not screaming conspiracy, I just have never seen this in my life. Have any of you experienced this "dirty rain"? It is a reddish colored dust ... its weird!

Can you get us a photo please.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Dirty rain isn't all that uncommon here in Australia. All it takes is a sizable wind to whip through a desert or farming area, lifting the lighter sand or topsoil into the air. Then it is dumped, it sometimes up to a couple of days later, in a rain storm quite some distance from where the soil was picked up by the winds.
Really annoying if you've just washed your car.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Yes, I will do that in the morning. I was going to wash it today, and you couldn't get into the car wash, there was a line. Its so widespread...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm from South East Kentucky...

And while this might be common in areas that are close proximity to deserts... I don't of any desert close to KY... I think this if rightly odd...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Me too! the news blamed it on a dust storm in Texas... I am sure it is possible, but it rained from Texas, up through Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee and Ky... why wait and dump it here... just seems strange...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ive never heard of such a thing.. sounds interisting id love to see a pic of the "dirty rain" thanks for posting this S&F

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We had a similar storm here in Colorado last year when a big dust storm in Arizona carried dirt up our way, then rained red rain on us.

I still think it's HAARP!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Perhaps different wind currents the dust was caught in? I see dust so thick move through the sky you cant even see the mountains, let alone a few miles down the road.

Just my thought

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33

Dirty rain isn't all that uncommon here in Australia.

+1. Usually the rain is pretty dusty here

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

When we got snow here in central Texas last month, after the snow melted, it left a red film on all the surfaces...notable on trampolines, rooves as well as cars and patios. It was weird and we were all talkin' about it. I figured it was from New Mexico or Oklahoma…dust in the wind...but everyone definitely started dealing with allergies anf sinus issues due to the yucky eyesore!

I'll admit that my conspiritorial mind did wander about different theories!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Kind of off topic, but........years ago I lived behind a mortuary and for a while my brother stayed with me. One afternoon as I was getting ready to leave one of his friends stopped by and we were chitchatting beside our cars for a bit. He glanced over at the funeral home and asked if it was creepy living right next to it. I said no it didn't bother me except for the way the ashes from the incinerator coated our cars at times. The guy nearly had a melt down right there when I showed him the dust on top of my black car. To this day I don't know for sure if thats what we were finding on our cars or not but it just didn't seem like normal 'dust'. Maybe my husband just had me convinced thats what it was and I was really gullible but I have never noticed it before or since. It seemed almost gritty, worse than regular soft dust. My brother's friend wouldn't come to our house after that it creeped him out so much.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

We had the same issue in my state. It came from Texas when the front moved through there with high winds and dry conditions. Right atmospheric conditions and it sucked up the dirt / mud and redepositied it all over the place.

top topics

join