It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Fish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've had aquariums my whole life. I love maintaining these ecosystems. Currently I have 2 aquariums, though I have had as many as 5 due to the fish that I wanted not being compatable with others, and a breeding tank. One tank has "sharks", the other passive fish, Tetras and the like. The shark tank was moved about 6 months ago to an area that has more than 12 hours of light a day, therefore algae has developed, the other is still algae free and both of these systems have been in operation for over 4 years. I have my secrets.

I would like to hear from other members that enjoy this passtime. If you have any problems or are thinking of starting a tank, I would be more than happy to help out.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I used to have a big aquarium for years but my fish died off one by one and I never purchased anymore. So I took the aquarium. In the future I will probably start it up again. I love looking at fish swimming.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've had an aquarium for about 8 years now. At the moment, I've got a three foot one although a while back I also had a two foot one aswell.
I used to have some of your less sociable fish in the bigger tank for a while such as firemouths ,mozambique mouth breeders and a jack dempsy (one of my favorite fish)
I found that I didn't have the time to keep up with the maintenance of both tanks so now I've just got the three footer which I've just recently started restocking.
I've got a pleco , a couple of angels, a couple of black widows, a few neons a white molly and three tetras of some sort. I need to get a bit more colour in there though.
I think an aquarium is really relaxing to look at, and I can watch the fish in their little world for ages.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I've got a pleco , a couple of angels, a couple of black widows, a few neons a white molly and three tetras of some sort. I need to get a bit more colour in there though.
I think an aquarium is really relaxing to look at, and I can watch the fish in their little world for ages.

Very soothing. If you have no Barbs or Ciclids and want to increase color, I'd get some Tetras. White Clouds are green, white and red, beautiful fish. Cardinals are similar to Neons but grow larger and their blue and red are much brighter. Male Guppies are also very colorful. You have Angels so you shouldn't get a Siamese Fighting fish (betta), they will see the Angels as another male and kill them.

top topics

join