It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law Of The Wild says ... "Kill only when you are hungry."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just received this in my E-mail and this made my day. Wow just wow. now i don't know if the story is true, but the pictures are amazing

The Law Of The Wild says ... "Kill only when you are hungry."

Photographer Michel Denis-Huot, who captured these amazing pictures on safari in Kenya's Masai Mara in October last year, said he was astounded by what he saw.

"These three brothers (cheetahs) have been living together since they left their mother at about 18 months old," he said. "On the morning we saw them, they seemed to not be hungry ... Walking quickly, but stopping at times to play together. At one point, they met a group of impala. They all ran away except one youngster who was not quick enough and the brothers caught it easily."

These extraordinary scenes followed.

they just walked away without hurting him.

Maybee this has been posted before, but its new to me and they are way cool

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Awesome the story is true, makes me love it even more

dailymail..uk News

Hello little antelope, would you like to play with us?

Coming from three deadly cheetahs, it's the kind of invitation that's best refused - but amazingly, this impala escaped unscathed from its encounter.
Luckily for the youngster, it seems these three male cheetahs simply weren't hungry.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thanks.
They are some beautiful pictures there.
Nature never fails to amaze me.
Another day brings more beauty.

Ps. Practice makes perfect, So I dont think next time things will be so cute at the end.

Thanks OP, S&F because i love nature.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Yeah I was thinking the same, but I kept pushing it out of my mind, all that sniffing and licking. It seemed as if they transferring their scent.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by meathed

Yeah I was thinking the same, but I kept pushing it out of my mind, all that sniffing and licking. It seemed as if they transferring their scent.

Just tenderizing for later. Animals will also kill to protect their territory, and their young. Reptiles will just kill to kill (black Mamba, other snakes).

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I like that third picture, just a little taste~ cute pics!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Its a fake picture....

Although i agree with the quote.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by meathed

Yeah they were, but the cute little cats were Just getting the impala's Flavour stored in their memory banks. But next time its more than scent transfer.(YUMMY.)
They would have eaten as you have suggested if they were hungry.
So that little impala, very, very lucky. (this time)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Its a fake picture....

Although i agree with the quote.

I think i found the photographers web site. I’m still looking through it to see if I can find the above pictures.

Christine et Michel Denis Huot

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
so, are dogs evil, cause my girl kills chipmunks and moles whenever she can, and doesn't eat em.

she reminds me of lenny from "of mice and men" , petting the rabbits just a little too hard.......

nice pics btw...some more great candid wildlife shots here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
so, are dogs evil, cause my girl kills chipmunks and moles whenever she can, and doesn't eat em.

she reminds me of lenny from "of mice and men" , petting the rabbits just a little too hard.......

nice pics btw...some more great candid wildlife shots here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-3-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

Yes dogs will kill or maim for fun,i have seen sheep that have been mauled by wild/feral dogs,not a pretty site at all,cats will also toy with their prey for a fair while before they kill it ,
edit on 2/3/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You could be right, i looked through the entire web page and i cant see them on there.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I love this story and the pictures - I've seen it before - but I can never get enough of it.

I'm sorry to say though the info is way off base. There are many reasons 'wild' kills 'wild' and it not just for hunger.

I think the worst wake up call I ever had concerning 'Nature' was when I witnessed a male lion who'd just taken over a pride from a older less capable male. The new 'leader' immediately killed all the lion cubs in the pride so the females would come into estrus.

Sure, it's 'Natures Way' - 'Survival of the Fittest' - but - I can tell you, I've never looked at 'Nature' or lions the same again.

peace

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Having a love of animals, either way, these pictures are awesome for me to show girls at the nightclub on my phone and get the ol cause and effect phenomenon.

Haven't seen these before Whateva-->69

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Hello there Creepy, Welcome to the Venga Bus Safari Bus.

Keep your arms in the vehicle at all times and do not, I repeat do not pick your nose, It’s yucky.

Straight ahead you will see a cute little Impala playing with its BFF (Best Friends Forever).
Frolicking and licking and pawing.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

It was a happy happy joy joy ride till silo13 came along and killed all the cubs

but we still love her and enjoy reading her posts

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I am so so so so so sorry I have to post this. The photos are real but I'm afraid they left out the last two images in the set, the ones where the Cheetahs eat the Impala

You can find the complete set here The photos series is actually called "deadly complicity" and the last caption is

Three young brothers Cheetahs eating a young Impala Kenya Caption : After playing with the young Impala, Cheetah brothers have killed it and eaten.

Damn

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I am so so so so so sorry I have to post this. The photos are real but I'm afraid they left out the last two images in the set, the ones where the Cheetahs eat the Impala

You can find the complete set here The photos series is actually called "deadly complicity" and the last caption is

Three young brothers Cheetahs eating a young Impala Kenya Caption : After playing with the young Impala, Cheetah brothers have killed it and eaten.

Damn

Thanks for that link.
I knew it was only a matter of time before the cheetahs got the cute little impala.
But i was thinking days, not seconds.
Just proves i cant trust nature.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Oh great, I’m getting off the bus and getting a zebra ride home.

Wait ... this is my bus, you can get out and sit on the roof.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
OK the tour has been redirect to Darwin NT davespanners is going to show us how to get in the cage of death.

edit on 3/3/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join