It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Interesting indeed, but curious why was this posted initally in Italian? I'm not complaining but I'm a student of languages it seems in this life. Deutsch, Francais, Italiano, and a little bit of Japanese/Espanol.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I wonder if the "coin" first object
on page karen61057 linked is a
commemorative coin / medal
since it was 1680 and the incident took place 1608

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So 500 year old drawings of dragons can be used as evidence too?

I believe in ET as much as the next guy - but to give something the benefit of the doubt simply because its old is hardly the best decision for any decent skeptic to make.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
reply to post by zorgon

I believe in ET as much as the next guy - but to give something the benefit of the doubt simply because its old is hardly the best decision for any decent skeptic to make.

Eh what? have you not seen the pictures? If they are not UFO's, what are they? It's not the fact that it's old that gives it credence, it's the fact these pictures and the accounts were drawn up long before the invention of any flying machine and pop culture got hold of the UFO phenomenon!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I am glad you looked at the link! Some of those images are very interesting to say the least. It seems there was a lot of these associated with Jesus and the rest of the Holy family.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I wonder if this was the battle where zeee germans got there ufo to back engineer.
Possibly?Probability?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Didn't the Monk's of China back in the 1500's have a big rock that they carved symbols into to represent the growing of technology's and are depicted from what the monk's have "seen". Odd thing is they had airplanes on this rock, along with UFO's, Corn, Machines for dirt and even symbols that represent chaos were carved into this rock. I will have to Research this and post back what I found. I do know that the new age Monk's are doing the same thing and have carved computers, whales and airplanes among other things. When I say Monk's I am referring to Buddhist's. Anyway's this does not surprise me about the French being carvings of UFO's have been found on the wall's of the Egyptian Pyramids.
edit on 2-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choiseul
Interesting indeed, but curious why was this posted initally in Italian? I'm not complaining but I'm a student of languages it seems in this life. Deutsch, Francais, Italiano, and a little bit of Japanese/Espanol.

Check your syntax, student!

The reason I think is only because Genoa is Italian but the region has been attached to France for some time in the past.

This is pretty much a buffer area.... and a beautiful region in general. Felt a lot of awe the last the last time I went around there, and there was indeed that surreal/Alien feel to it.
edit on 2/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

supposedly this website in link 3 is the source of the hoax

link 3 - alturl.com...

I guess I'll wait to see if zorgon ignores the possibility that this particular case is just a late era hoax.

I haven't seen anyone addressing the issue yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Im interested as to what exactly in a science chemical scence makes red vapor emit from whater, if we ca find this out which we probebly wont as the mainstream science probebly has no clue on suh a chemical effect we could find a clue to as how ufos work, i know water would probebly boil because the ufos generate heat from there propulsion systems and some emit radiation from the high ammounts of electrical current, but also this might be caused by heat on the metalic surface due to re entry to earth as seen with space shuttles. someone inbox me if the find a chemicle reaction or post a thread or reply to this.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Looks like an examiner article. Interesting, but not credible to say the least

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

How so?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I read through those links and cannot decipher a 100 proven hoax being perped.

Maybe I missed something, but I am seeing differing opinions on events and descriptions of events. still just opinions.

Having said that, I can't help think that it is possible for writing styles and colorful language to be misinterpreted/misrepresented And I am no skeptic.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Well if we didn't have old drawings and stories of Dragons, we wouldn't believe in those either, now would we? I mean since we don't have any Dragons today we must have got our ideas of them from somewhere?

Now I suppose next you will tell me Dragon's aren't real either?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
I read through those links and cannot decipher a 100 proven hoax being perped.

Yup the main 'debunkers' are the same ones that work very hard to debunk old paintings to push their religious viewpoint. In the end its all interpretation. Is the 1st one a hoax? a misinterpretation? an embellishment on a real story? Who knows for sure.. but that one and the two woodcuttings are at least as good, nay better, than any of the latest youtube reports we get.

Someone mentioned the case of Alexander the Great's sighting... anyone have more on that? Kinda busy at the moment sharpening swords. Seems I missed that one.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well i was just looking through the links for a source beyond the text, and there doesnt seem to be one.

I could have written that myself and put it on the internet, doesn't mean its credible.

tabloids source themselves, which is how they get away with making these kinds of claims.
edit on 2-3-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
I am however worried that most of you are not questioning these events, if they are indeed true accounts! I'm going to pose some questions that I think are pretty important to debate:

All great questions to be sure... the problem is that it is extremely difficult to even find the original sources. There are many stories of odd sightings, but very little recorded in any permanent way like the rare wood cuttings.

On top of that modern day debunkers go out of their way to do page after page of why they can't be real or what they think people thought back then. So the 'wealth of info' online today is 90% skeptic. Like I said earlier I find it funny when religious skeptics scream "Its NOT a UFO, its an Angel!!!"

In any case... I like looking for the old stuff when I have time... and posting them on ATS is the best way to find out if there is any related material... like the fact that I found the Italian version but have not had time to trace the French version yet. That is why we use the forum Free research assistants

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Well Zorgon rarely ignores anything and had you followed the link to my page on this incident you would see I already had Easynow's links to sprezzatura.it/ on there as well

www.thelivingmoon.com...

But there are enough skeptics lurking at ATS these days that will be sure to point those out

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Alexander The Great.

Alexander the Great records two great silver shields, spitting fire around the rims in the sky that dived repeatedly at his army as they were attempting a river crossing. The action so panicked his elephants, horses, and men they had to abandon the river crossing until the following day.

LINK

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
I found this site with art from the 14th and 15th centuries showing very modern day type saucers in the skies. Guess these were photoshopped in too?

www.dudeman.net...

Thanks for that link
There are a few good ones on there I haven't seen before with date and location
More homework..

The coin from 1680 is one of the good ones

And Skyfloating just started a thread today on the Book of Enoch and those sightings. That has got to be the earliest recorded sighting, complete with a ride in a spaceship to see Earth from above

The Book of Enoch on Extraterrestrials
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Odd timing on that
I was just looking up that stuff...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join