It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant

Originally posted by Vio1ion
reply to post by zorgon

Here's the original text in old french.

Discours des terribles et espouvantables signes apparus sur la mer de Gennes

...d’autres avoient le corps comme corps humains, tout couverts d’escailles, mais la teste estoit en forme d’un dragon.

...others had a human-like body, covered with scales, but the head was dragon shaped.

Reptilians

Spacesuits and helmets described by people who never have seen spacesuits

I don't think so. If we were talking about 4 thousands years ago, yes, but we are talking of hundreds of years ago. Back then, they already had armors and helmet, they used them themselves. That gives me the impression that they knew the different between helmets, body armors (space suits) and the real thing. We are talking about people that already had fire power: cannons.

Also, it's my impression that the conflict was not new. Why would they attack those UFOs if it was the first time they saw them? They would have been in awe at such new and amazing things. If the story is true, they were just, probably, defending themselves from an ongoing battle with them. Maybe those UFOs came to abduct more people and they were just defending their community.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Well this proves time travel because everyone knows that there was no such thing as a flying saucer/UFO/alien ship before the media made them up in 1947.

Seriously though, great find...it's very interesting to read about UFO events that happened ages ago, I'd never heard of this one. Thank-you. S+F

It could have been the US and the chinese battling it out.........

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've seen this woodcut before. I think it was on ancient aliens. I find these old UFO reports very interesting because there were no flyng vechicles on earth. I wonder who was fighting who above the skies of Europe in the 14th century? I wonder how that conflict ended and who were the victors and to what end did they battle over our planet?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
here are some links to historical research done on the case and may reveal the 1608 France story is nothing more than a twisted fabrication

link 1 - alturl.com...

link 2 - alturl.com...

These images, published in the 70s by the GEOS France (Gérard Lebat copyright), together with a version of the story of 'UFO in Genoa in 1608, many novels and different from that found in' the original brochure .

link 2 - alturl.com...

supposedly this website in link 3 is the source of the hoax

link 3 - alturl.com...
edit on 2-3-2011 by easynow because: fix link

Shouldn't the thread be marked as a HOAX and closed?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zimishey
So considering the OP, those descriptions and pics look like the modern notion of 'flaying saucers' would you agree. Yet UFOLogists like Jacques Vallee seem to suggect that UFOs that appeared in distant past fitted the current imagination, and thus this refelcted them as being some kind of paranormal event and NOT actual 'ETs'---so how would this report from the past contradict Vallee's theories?

Jacques Vallee was 'partridge' in the Aviary the group that controls UFO info

The image below is a Sketch from of a Gold Mine in Operation on the Moon by Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. "Dreams of the Earth and Sky" (1895)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

OMG you actually are calling 14th century CGI on this???? Unbelievable, simply unbelievable. This woodcut I believe is from a museum but I cannot find information on where it is housed.
I found this site with art from the 14th and 15th centuries showing very modern day type saucers in the skies. Guess these were photoshopped in too?

www.dudeman.net...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow, some USO action, and how could this be fake? This weighs heavy in my mind as evidence!

Numerous witnesses saw two humanoid beings with large heads and large luminous eyes, dressed in a red suit with silver scales, connected to the flying machine by tubes, and engage themselves in several hours of strange work.

Is this the earliest report/description of what these beings look like? Is this where the almond eyes and big heads started at? Also, are there any similar events in history written about? Similar as in duplicate description of crafts and emergence from the sea, with the red coloring and such?

Awesome info zorgon, thanks

spec

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Woa.... now that's something, if for real.

"Discours des terribles et espouvantables signes apparus sur la mer Gennes."

They saw frightening "signs". Signs has a very biblical meaning as well... like the signs in the skies, as when Jesus talked about how people would guess the time of his return. Coudl it be that "signs" are the old way of naming flying saucers?

Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

– Acts 1:9-11

A description of reptilian humanoids
, from the same text:

Au commencement du moys d’Aoust de l’an mix six cens huit, sur la mer de Gennes s’est veu les plus horribles signes que de memoire d’homme ait esté parlé, ny escrit, les uns estoient en figures humaines ayant des bras qui sembloient estre couverts d’escailles et tenoyent en chacune de leur main deux horribles Serpens volans, qui leur entortilloient les bras, et ne paroissoyent que depuis le nombril, en haut hors de la mer et jettoient des cris si horribles, que c’estoit chose du tout espouventable, et parfois se plongeoyent dans la mer, puis ressortoyent en d’autres endroits loin de là, heurloyent des cris si espouventables que plusieurs en ont este malades de la peur qu’ils en ont eu, ils en voyoient qui sembloient estre en figure de femmes ; d’autres avoient le corps comme corps humains, tout couverts d’escailles, mais la teste estoit en forme d’un dragon.

A quick translation... Beings similar in shape to mens and womens, but with SCALES, a dragon aspect in some part of their body. And some carry two "flying snakes" in their hands that come out of their "navel" and spiral around their arms.

It emphasizes how witnesses were becoming sick and DIED out of intense panic and fear.

WTF? Did people back then had so much imagination?

From the French Wikisource

I dunno what to make of this... it has got to be a hoax! Or some very imaginative fear-mongering of the old days...

Scary stuff here. And trust me, my translation is accurate... I'm fluent in old French.
edit on 2/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The Nuremburg woodcuts have been on my radar for a long time. I've often wished to see a modern rendition because the scales in the original are "funky". That big black arrow... I see the "Executor" from The Empire strikes back every time I look at it. What intrigues me is that they were fighting. Who was fighting whom and why is impossible to know but it is enough to know that they were in conflict, well at least a few hundred years ago. It would seem that whatever tech is used for cloaking goes out the door when the weapons leave the launch bay.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Nice Find S/F

This is what keeps me believing !!! But I find this interesting, arent ufo's reported to this day doing this, too? and I quote:

.....descend to just above the water where they cause the water to boil and emit a red-orange vapor.

EDIT: They are almost always found coming out of... or near water and when found near water also sucking up water. Man they love water

edit on 1-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

Those beings and water. Did you know that their 2 favourite movies are Waterworld and The Waterboy? After watching those to films they came to the conclusion that Kevin Costner is funnier than Adam Sandler

I hadn't heard about this battle, although i've seen that Nuremburg wood carving a few times. I wonder what happened to the craft that crashed on the ground? Very interesting and they didn't have weatherballons, planes and jets to confuse the crafts with either.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
I have my doubts an Alien species was trying to protect us from another Alien species after all why would they want to protect us
and risk getting into a galactic war over us

It seems pretty convincing other than the galactic battle happening. But i do strongly believe it is possible for aliens to have visited the Earth in our recent history its very possible.

It is very strange though if these witnessed events aren't a hoaxed event made up by someone they could very likely be real. Maybe they are Just a bit out of context of what actually happened though. Maybe the aliens were collaborating in the study of our human species and the homo-sapiens made it out to be like the aliens were fighting each other when really they were just using all their gadgetry to scan and study the humans. While the Humans lobbed their Harmless cannonballs at the Indestructible Alien warships and the Aliens were ROFL inside their invincible ships
. Sounds pretty real though when they say humanoid type creatures with reptilian skin and spacesuits? Convergence evolution anyone? Aliens might look similar to us after all. Some of them anyways>?

edit on 2-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

I have a hard time thinking this would be any kind of hoax. The most relavent question would be WHY? How would the artist imagine things like this without something in his world to inspire him? What could a rational explaination for the things he depicted be ? Not chinese lanters, not weather balloons, not the USAF so what could these people have seen? These images appear throughout history in many art forms. Flying saucers, men in flying machines. In many instances they are labled as Gods or angles. Throught history mankind has spoken of the Gods and they ALL came from the heavens! Certainly makes one think huh?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Did the good guys win ?

Just look around you? Who do you think won?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by zimishey
So considering the OP, those descriptions and pics look like the modern notion of 'flaying saucers' would you agree. Yet UFOLogists like Jacques Vallee seem to suggect that UFOs that appeared in distant past fitted the current imagination, and thus this refelcted them as being some kind of paranormal event and NOT actual 'ETs'---so how would this report from the past contradict Vallee's theories?

Jacques Vallee was 'partridge' in the Aviary the group that controls UFO info

The image below is a Sketch from of a Gold Mine in Operation on the Moon by Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. "Dreams of the Earth and Sky" (1895)

Great pic!

I am very interested what you are informing me about regarding Vallee. Can you link me a good source where I can read more about this in depth please?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
The Nuremburg woodcuts have been on my radar for a long time..

Same here... just not enough time to keep up with it all
There are also a lot of UFO's in old paintings. I find it funny that the religious skeptics use their 'myth' to debunk the UFO myth. Neither can be proven yet so it is funny. Now some of them are things like bishop's hats, but a few like this one bear considering

This is one of my favorite... because the artist put a man and his dog both looking up at the UFO. many parts of old scriptures can easily be interpreted as UFO's especially bearing in mind the mindset and fears of those days. Demons or Greys... Angels or Pleadian Princess... it's really a matter of what your frame of reference is all about

"Madonna col Bambino e San Giovannino"
(Madonna and Child with the Infant Saint John)
Attributed to Sebastiano Mainardi or Jacopo del Sellaio

Here is another one with the Shepard looking up

"Adoration of the Child with St. Benedict and Angels" (c 1480)
Vincenzo Foppa
(ca.1430-1515)

And this one... Just what did these artists think about?

"Battesimo di Cristo" 1710
Aert De Gelder
(1645-1727)

You can try to debunk them saying they are 'religious' symbols, but what is the difference between the belief in religion basewd on beings NOT OF THIS EARTH (therefore true ET's) or the modern 'religion' of UFOlogy?

I see none... neither have been proven true yet

edit on 2-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Ummmm are you serious? of course there were UFO's a long time ago and where do you think this story came from? sheesh man the modern day UFO's are mostly likely human but like you said that was only from around 1947.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey

I watched a UFO show on that a couple weeks back....

There was a germany one also of the same case ...

it was some time back as well,,,and paintings were made of it...

i think the show was samartians and the texts of UFO's and Angels and UFO's and UFO's in our past,,,

It was mentioned in there,,,

S&F

kona

READING and just seen the Germany UFO battle reply(yours),,,,good find...

Kona gain
edit on 2-3-2011 by Little_Kona because: just updated on my friends reply on a follow up,,,

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

No I wasn't serious, I replied already saying it was a sarcastic joke, I DO believe UFOs have been around a loooong time.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by EvilBat

OMG you actually are calling 14th century CGI on this???? Unbelievable, simply unbelievable. This woodcut I believe is from a museum but I cannot find information on where it is housed.
I found this site with art from the 14th and 15th centuries showing very modern day type saucers in the skies. Guess these were photoshopped in too?

www.dudeman.net...

That's a really good link for these kind of historical accounts and pictures, thanks!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

"Madonna col Bambino e San Giovannino"
(Madonna and Child with the Infant Saint John)

"Adoration of the Child with St. Benedict and Angels" (c 1480)
Vincenzo Foppa
(ca.1430-1515)

"Battesimo di Cristo" 1710
Aert De Gelder
(1645-1727)

I see none... neither have been proven true yet

Absolutely love these pictures

Sceptics what are the odds huh? just what are the odd on that? catch up

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by EvilBat

www.dudeman.net...

OMG no re-read my post there is a
joke/ then what I said then /joke
then I mentioned I liked the subject
It's ok if you didn't see the joke/ /joke

But I didn't say CGI I said

Originally posted by EvilBat
joke/

Oh come on, all those people around when it happened and no one hand drew what they looked like?
all that parchment and coal to doodle and nothing?
man what a bummer

That woodcarving was chopped... it was easy back then to add things like that, little onion skin, saw dust,
wood putty and poof.

/joke

Great find , would be nice if there was more written down.
I like reading about older sightings, makes me wonder what they really saw
or what the event came to be from local lore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join