It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Here's the original text in old french.

Discours des terribles et espouvantables signes apparus sur la mer de Gennes

...d’autres avoient le corps comme corps humains, tout couverts d’escailles, mais la teste estoit en forme d’un dragon.

...others had a human-like body, covered with scales, but the head was dragon shaped.

Reptilians

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vio1ion
reply to post by zorgon

Here's the original text in old french.

Discours des terribles et espouvantables signes apparus sur la mer de Gennes

...d’autres avoient le corps comme corps humains, tout couverts d’escailles, mais la teste estoit en forme d’un dragon.

...others had a human-like body, covered with scales, but the head was dragon shaped.

Reptilians

Spacesuits and helmets described by people who never have seen spacesuits

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think those pictures were CGI.
but seriously thats old skool cool.
Wonder if they just told everybody it was chinese lanterns back then.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Great post. I think I recall seeing the German pictures on History channel. I was just wondering were the white flag is on the french picture

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So assuming (hypothetically) that these were ET's battling it out in the skies and not some sort of time slip, I wonder why they would pick Earth to have an all out battle? Perhaps one species was trying to invade and another was trying to prevent it? Very interesting and really creates so many questions!

I love stories like this because whatever happened, it wasn't normal for the time period and makes the story difficult to debunk. I wonder just how many similar incidents happened that have been lost to history, or were just never reported. Earth was less populated at the time, so there very well could have been other battles that weren't even witnessed by humans.

Thanks for posting! I had never heard of the first story you posted and it's truly fascinating.

It also kind of makes you wonder why they don't come to Earth to battle it out now, if they did then. Maybe they know we've finally advanced enough to do some damage? I don't know, but it's really something to think about!

S&F!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I think those pictures were CGI. but seriously thats old skool cool. Wonder if they just told everybody it was chinese lanterns back then.
reply to post by Slipdig1

DUH! It was WEATHER BALLOONS!!!

Kidding, lol. Does make you wonder what kind of explanations they did come up with back then. Probably thought it was God, I would imagine.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have my doubts an Alien species was trying to protect us from another Alien species after all why would they want to protect us
and risk getting into a galactic war over us

It seems pretty convincing other than the galactic battle happening. But i do strongly believe it is possible for aliens to have visited the Earth in our recent history its very possible.

It is very strange though if these witnessed events aren't a hoaxed event made up by someone they could very likely be real. Maybe they are Just a bit out of context of what actually happened though. Maybe the aliens were collaborating in the study of our human species and the homo-sapiens made it out to be like the aliens were fighting each other when really they were just using all their gadgetry to scan and study the humans. While the Humans lobbed their Harmless cannonballs at the Indestructible Alien warships and the Aliens were ROFL inside their invincible ships
. Sounds pretty real though when they say humanoid type creatures with reptilian skin and spacesuits? Convergence evolution anyone? Aliens might look similar to us after all. Some of them anyways>?

edit on 2-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So considering the OP, those descriptions and pics look like the modern notion of 'flaying saucers' would you agree. Yet UFOLogists like Jacques Vallee seem to suggect that UFOs that appeared in distant past fitted the current imagination, and thus this refelcted them as being some kind of paranormal event and NOT actual 'ETs'---so how would this report from the past contradict Vallee's theories?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Is it just me or do all the UFO sightings before 1947 seem more authentic then all that came after that date? Maybe it's because most everyone looks at videos (and what not) of the more current sightings and the ones of today (because of the net and software) can more easily be hoaxed and mass distributed.

I love some of the older UFO stories like Alexander the Great.

Thanks for the find OP!

SnF

AS
edit on 2-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: added + snf

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

No there are weather kites!!! lol Funny I wonder how the US denial team suppose how these came about, I wonder if the aliens know there top secret where they don't exist and do exist at the same time, maybe this where the cat comes into play?. Maybe this why the aliens test the water constantly, they problity don't get it?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

While it's easier to say it was real because there were no planes, satelites, computers, photoshop etc...it doesn't make it more authentic. If something is real it's real. I'm not playing semantics here, I'm trying to say there's plenty of legit material around today it's just easier to accept that everything is fake than to risk believing something is legit and be dissapointed later.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i really think that we should stop shooting at them. (without provication)

that's not a very nice welcome.....Shoot first and ask questions later.

no wonder they're not hangin out at backyard BBQ's

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed.

no wonder they're not hangin out at backyard BBQ's

I know, right?

Would be nice to have some E.T's over for some BBQ lol.

I think this story is fascinating and its nice to read things like these every so often. But don't worry, its just weather balloons and the reflection of venus and some swamp gas lol.

There is so many theories to it. If one species is protecting us from another species, it can be completely understandable. If you were to find a planet with a civilization like we were back then, and we have all this crazy technology, and another civilization decides to wipe them out, I think you'd interfere.

If its time travel, for all you know it could be the people of our time (or in the future) who came to the past to protect this planet from an invasion that took place.

Or again just an early model of a weather balloon with reflection from venus and swamp gas and whatever story they have out there

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Even with all the proof before anyone even knew what a flying saucer was they are still trying to cover it up...lol

Why can't people just accept that the ufo phenomenon is real,and has been for years.

I suppose all those ufo's people were witnessing back then were hoaxes or cgi.

You would probably be killed for being crazy in those times.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Great find Zorgon very interesting, keep up the good work!

Its member like you that keeps me coming back here

S&F

edit on 2-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

S&F thanks for finding this piece of history.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If I'm not mistaken, this was covered in an episode of "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel. Still interesting to say the least.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Personally i don't think this would have been a battle LOL

No disrespect to our French members but there is probably jack [snip] we could do today either, unless we mass produce that back engineered tech on a joint world effort type scale

It was probably just a test to see how advance our weaponry was back then kind like throwing a cat a bit of string

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Someone is going to say it was CGI, I know it. It's dis-information by the government of France to hide their own advanced weapons systems and black projects.

Or..... there was a battle between two alien forces witnessed by the French. Some got damaged and repaired. The French attacked them to no avail. The aliens were probably at war over who could control the earth. Did the good guys win ?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Maybe they were fighting over the recourses here on earth, protecting what was thiers? I highly doubt it was to protect us.

Thanks Zorgon. The thing I like most about this post is the way that it is described. Makes me think of lots of Bible prophecy and such..... Too bad so many folks take those texts literally.

THis is a prime example of how folks in those days described what they saw with words they could comprehend and objects the could compare things to such as serpents, chariots, tubes and the like.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join