It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine joins the Madison fight in Augusta!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
First off I am post this here because I have less than 20 posts.

Demonstrations against anti-union legislation will begin on Thursday here in Augusta, Maine.

Maine Protests

I figure all people no matter vocation or employer should have the right to Unionize. The state employees in Maine have given more than enough over the past two years. The fiscal state of Maine is healthy. There is no cause for this anti-union action other than Tea Party incompetence. How is attacking civil liberties pro smaller government? How is it pro fiscal responsibility? The state workers have given of their own will to help the budget already. When does Mr. LePage reduce the elected officials pay? When will he sacrifice his pension? The ideology of the Tea Party is grand but lacks implementing. I am weary of any group who wants less regulation, less government interference and more power over the working class, when that group is backed by big business. Why wouldn't the "Coke" brothers want to rid themselves of all the annoying parts of business that keeps them honest? Don't be blinded by nice words and ideology. The Tea Party is a farce. Stand up and unite for civil liberties and stand up to both big business and elected officials. We will not be taken so lightly.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
this getting bad... protest all over the world and now on our door step....
be prepared things are going to get bad.. this is just the start of it all

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
These are the things I will look for.
1) When gas hits $4.00 (diesel will be higher and truckers will not be trucking too much).
2) When we go to war with Iran.
TSWHTF.
Welcome to ATS.
Mod spanking in 5..4..3..
edit on 1-3-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

While, I agree about your things to watch for, I would add a few.

1) The US Dollar dropping another 10%.
2) Failure to raise the debt cap for the US Government.
3) More losses of civil liberties. (At some point people have to realize they have been duped.)
4) The new Regimes in the North African and Middle Eastern regions organizing into an "EU" of sorts.
5) The bancor.

top topics

join