It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Goldman director charged with insider trading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Ex-Goldman director charged with insider trading

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON – The US markets regulator charged former Goldman Sachs and Procter & Gamble director Rajat Gupta on Tuesday with insider trading in a high-profile hedge fund case.

The Securities and Exchange Commission announced the charges for "illegally tipping Galleon Management founder and hedge fund manager Raj Rajaratnam with inside information about the quarterly earnings at both firms, as well as an impending $5 billion investment by Berkshire Hathaway in Goldman."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Heh...One small fish in a large ocean of sharks. The infinite cess pool of criminality and fraud which is known as Goldman Sachs...

But it's a start I guess.

Who knows if he'll actually see any jail time though, as more often thaqn not these crooks just BUY their way out of prosecution, or their puppet "lawmakers" and sold out "justice system" just let's them skate.

But in a dream world, this guy gets sentenced to 20 years, and starts rolling on some of the REALLY BIG PLAYERS, and the dominoes start tumbling...

Hey, I can dream.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I will take any victory we can get. The whole financial terrorism game is a crime on an inconceivable scale.

24 trillion dollars given to the top .01 percent. Ugh.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

C'mon, every one on Walls Street is guilty of insider trading, especially when you consider they manipulate the market daily..
I say forget the trials and chuck the lot in jail..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This may be why the head of Golden Sacks recently carried Obama's water saying cutting the fat out of spending would be bad for the economy. That was an odd thing to say given we are at 11 trillion in debt now! Someone was trying to buy political brownie points and legal protection.

new topics

top topics

join