It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution.... Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Firstly I claim to know very little about evolution, my knowledge is limited in fact I understand the theory behind evolution to be as detailed as the diagram below:

The evidence behind evolution is considerably strong.... Yet in my mind I struggle to comprehend we evolved from Monkeys....

So heres my Question, if we evolved from Monkeys/Apes/Gorrilas, etc why do we to this day still have Monkeys/Apes/Gorrilas, and why havent we seen THEM evolve over hundreds if not thousands or years?

I'm just curious...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Your not going to see them evolve either as we are not from them...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by downunder666

We evolved from a common ancestor, not from monkeys. And those ancestors have evolved into humans, monkeys, gorillas, chimps, etc...

edit on 1-3-2011 by uva3021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The same reason we don't have dolphin, dog, crocodile, shark, or elephant people.
G_D made people separate, to rule over all of the Earthly creatures.
There is no way creationists( or Christians, insert any religion that believes in the Holy Trinity here.) and evolutionists (Atheists) will ever see eye to eye.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

So where you suppose we come from?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Taxoplasma, helminths, nematodes, and E. Coli unquestionably rule over all people. So I guess god saw to it to create people for the sole purpose of harvesting millions of variants of yeasts, bacteria, and microorganisms

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I never understood why to some it would be so inconceivable for an all knowing being to create a process like evolution and instead of directly creating man through the flick of a finger, set the stage by adjusting environmental conditions to make it possible for humans to develop and flourish.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
Firstly I claim to know very little about evolution, my knowledge is limited in fact I understand the theory behind evolution to be as detailed as the diagram below:

The evidence behind evolution is considerably strong.... Yet in my mind I struggle to comprehend we evolved from Monkeys....

So heres my Question, if we evolved from Monkeys/Apes/Gorrilas, etc why do we to this day still have Monkeys/Apes/Gorrilas, and why havent we seen THEM evolve over hundreds if not thousands or years?

I'm just curious...

My only advice is to get Lloyd Pye' book "Everything You Know Is Wrong". It's controversial, but I'd rather believe him than mainstream academia.

Just litterialy pinch yourself, and if you believe that we evolved from tiny microbes and then apes, then have a REAL think about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Thinks for the response, will look into that... Looks interesting.

I guess my question should really be directed at those who believe in Evolution................

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As was previously stated humans and modern apes evolved from a common ancestor. Due to different environments these ancestors evolved differently. As a result we have a wide variety of primates today.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Caji316

So where you suppose we come from?

we come from our parents, and so forth.
or just take a biology class in high school.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

If you know very little about evolution and want to find out more, ATS is not the place to come. Go to a web site like this one, which explains evolution in simple terms. Or read a good book on the subject. I recommend The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

sure, thanks for the link.... My knowledge on this topic is limited...

What I thought was an interesting question appears to be answered!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

So heres my Question, if we evolved from Monkeys/Apes/Gorrilas, etc why do we to this day still have Monkeys/Apes/Gorrilas

Don't think of evolution as a ladder, Think tree.
If everything just evolved into one other species then died off... Evolution would not really be a very good explanation of the diversity of life now would it.

why havent we seen THEM evolve over hundreds if not thousands or years?

Short answer.
It takes many generations for "major" changes to happen. It is much easy to observe things like speciation in things with short life spans.

I recommend you take 10 minutes and check out this video. I can answer any questions you have after.

(this post is simplified just to give basic answers to the OP questions)

EDIT:

This video explains your questions a bit better

edit on 7-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LikeDuhObviously

Hey LDO,

Thanks for the link and information, much appreciated. Information was very useful!

Given your ATS name I'm surprised you went to this effort... LOL

thanks again.
edit on 7-3-2011 by downunder666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I'm just curious...

Add another un no genetic upgrade or some non original EA bio material and you will turn them apes into something MORE KNOWLEDGABLE.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I was not thinking about this post when I made that post. I understand it does look like that looking back at it.

To be honest the answers to your questions are really not that obvious. There is so much misunderstood/mis-information about the theory of evolution out there. When someone who understands the theory gets asked a question like "Why are there still apes" a million things go through our heads . One of the first things that I think about is "We are apes". (You are a monkey, get over it) The answer do seem obvious and the questions silly. Some times people that understand the theory forget some people are not being dishonest or who are just arguing against something that does not fit their belief system.

The first video I linked is really good into and I hope anyone that is really interested in what (and not) the theory of evolution is saying check it out.
edit on 7-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Another way to visualise evolution of a species.

If a bird hatches with longer wings than is the norm and its environment means this gives it an advantage that individual bird does not just fly away and start a new species
It breeds with other ‘normal’ individuals and passes that long winged trait throughout that group. Those that inherit it go on to breed till eventually that trait becomes fixed within that group.

So the original birds are not extinct they evolved. The original who do not inherit this new trait may die out due to disadvantages re food and breeding or they may just live side by side.

Evolution does not mean a better version it just means it has adapted to better suit its environment and pass on its genes.

I think the misconception with us evolving from apes and monkeys and why have they not evolved along with us is down to human prejudices.

We are not superior to other apes we have just adapted to our environments otherwise you could argue that because a type of ape survives better than us in their niche’ then they must have evolved from us.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
The same reason we don't have dolphin, dog, crocodile, shark, or elephant people.
G_D made people separate, to rule over all of the Earthly creatures.
There is no way creationists( or Christians, insert any religion that believes in the Holy Trinity here.) and evolutionists (Atheists) will ever see eye to eye.

Please don't force "evolutionist" and Atheist together, they aren't the same at all, there were atheists before evolution and there are atheists who don't believe in evolution.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

We evolved from the same line think of a family tree, your cousins aren't your parents but you still share a common ancestor. We didn't evolve from them but away from them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join