It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ombudsman issues warning about 'The Brotherhood'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Explanation: ...

Ombudsman issues warning about 'The Brotherhood'. (By Alison Savage Updated March 2, 2011 11:57:00 ) [abc.net.au]

The Victorian ombudsman has warned public servants and police officers to avoid associating with a secretive group known as The Brotherhood.

The ombudsman describes the organisation as one that "encourages secrecy, with the potential for illegal and improper exchanges of information or favours."

In a report tabled in Parliament this morning, a whistleblower says the male-only group is made up of former and serving police officers, a member of parliament, public servants and figures from the media, business and racing industry.

The whistleblower says the aim of the group was to share confidential information from police and government departments.

The ombudsman says The Brotherhood was founded by a former police senior constable.

The founder denies it is a secretive organisation that seeks to share confidential information.

Note: Please refert to linked article for the full story ok! Thanks.

Related articles...

www.heraldsun.com.au...

news.smh.com.au...

Personal Disclosure: Simon Says... [wiki]

Simon says is a children's game for three or more players where one player takes the role of 'Simon' and issues instructions, (usually physical actions such as 'jump in the air' or 'stick out your tongue') to the other players, which should only be followed if prefaced with the phrase 'Simon says', for example 'Simon says jump in the air'. Players are eliminated from the game by either following instructions that are not immediately preceded by the trigger phrase or by failing to follow an instruction which does include 'Simon says'. It is the ability to distinguish between valid and invalid commands, rather than physical ability, that usually matters in the game, and in most cases, the action only needs to be attempted, rather than completed accurately.

The object for the player acting as 'Simon' is to get all the other players 'out' as quickly as possible, and the winner of the game is usually the last player who has successfully followed all of the given commands.

It seems that Simon Overland [the top cop mentioned in the article linked above]] has ordered all Conspiracy Theorists [Hunters] to take aim at and have a closer look at the 'Brotherhood'!

WAIT!!! HOLD YOUR FIRE!!! They are SUPPOSEDLY on OUR SIDE!

P.S. Ah well OL, what you going to do?
You typed this... post it, as waste not want not and my trash may be some elses treasure. Good luck with this item!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Sounds like a bunch of cops, politicians, business, media, sports, and possibly other unsavory type characters who get together to exchange favors and information with each other. Kind of the classic "old boy" scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' kind of organization. Sounds kind of "mafia-like" in some respects to be honest.

Not a good thing - and naturally all deny that they would ever in a million zillion years even think of using this group to their own advantage or do anything that would be against the law.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
prediction: they'll be subject to confirmation bias, and otherwise ignored. they're with "tptb" unless they prove what you're saying is right. just like wikileaks.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

What drug are you on tonight? You are ruining my enjoyment of browsing the "recent posts" section of ATS.

You are needlessly bumping every one of your threads. Ugh....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

What drug are you on tonight? You are ruining my enjoyment of browsing the "recent posts" section of ATS.

Totally agree this is completely disrupting the recent posts section of ATS why dont you show a bit of consideration for the other members Omega

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

Originally posted by amongus

Totally agree this is completely disrupting the recent posts section of ATS why dont you show a bit of consideration for the other members Omega

Agreed. I'd expect more from him. But what do you expect from someone that refers to themselves in the 3rd person?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I have half a mind to make a complaint however Im really not into the whinging thing and running to others however hes ruined the forum tonight,its pretty disgraceful

edit on 13-2-2012 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
reply to post by amongus

I have half a mind to make a complaint however Im really not into the whinging thing and running to others however hes ruined the forum tonight,its pretty disgraceful

edit on 13-2-2012 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

Well, I alerted the staff. This guy is a disgrace for this.

top topics

join