It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Space Agency Discovers Huge Underground Chamber On Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
current.com...

Back in 2009, the Japanese Space Agency JAXA announced moon hole deep enough to contain a small human base. Now, the Indian Space Research Organization has discovered a "giant underground chamber" near the Moon's equator, in the Oceanus Procellarum area.

The huge cave— discovered by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft—is more than one mile long (1.7 kilometers) and 393 feet wide (120 meters). By comparison, the vertical hole that Jaxa discovered was only 213 feet (65 meters across) and 289 feet deep (88 meters). This new chamber is big enough to contain a small lunar city or a secret base with a few thousand UFOs.

Sounds interesting. How would that have gotten there in the first place? If this is true, why haven't we heard anything about this before?
edit on 1-3-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Your link is broken. However, this is fascinating. I've always suspected as much. Seems like the source has their facts (or pseudo-facts) straight. I'll have to wait on the link before commenting on validity though...

Oh, and the answer to your first question will give you the answer to your second question: we built it.
edit on 1-3-2011 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Both the link in the OP and the title of the thread are sadly misleading.

There is no base discovered on the Moon. They found a geological feature which frankly still needs to be confirmed, and if it's indeed a cave, so what. There are caves out there.

Just very low journalistic standards all over.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What's even more amazing are the Japanese are doing this on a budge of about 5.00 per Japanese citizen.

It just goes to show we have the money to do a lot more than we are doing. I is either deliberate sabotage, total ineptitude or bureaucracy standing in our way of doing so much more...

Interesting quote from the article:

Lava provides a natural environmental control with a nearly constant temperature of minus 20 degrees Celsius (-4 degrees Fahrenheit), unlike that of the lunar surface showing extreme variation, maximum of 130 degrees Celsius (266 degrees Fahrenheit) to a minimum of minus 180 degrees Celsius (-292 degrees Fahrenheit) in its diurnal (day-night) cycle.

source

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

How would that have gotten there in the first place?

The caverns they are speaking of are lava tubes, fairly normal geological items.

The rock walls are usually fused rocks and so would seal easily to hold in atmosphere.
edit on 1/3/2011 by chr0naut because: Spelling!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The title was a bit misleading, I was expecting some kind of wierd alien conspiracy thing. But that is pretty cool, if we can install a moon base there, I would be the first to fly up to it.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
man you sucked me in - shouldn't the headline read "Japanese find large cave on moon?" A bit of a leap to turn that into 'base' with all sorts of implications. For the record I think there could very well be a base of some sort on the far side of the moon, but this is based on what the apollo 11 astronauts as well as various other sources (ok some of these are best described as dubious) have said.

I have always wondered why the Americans haven't really explored the moon after they told the world that they landed there in 1969. If i was president i would have ordered a full-scale survey of the moon - the entire surface to be photographed and surveyed, but this has never happened. Why? That would answer a few questions - or maybe they did survey the moon, found the base and have either kept it secret or were ordered off the moon and 'don't come back'. Pretty cool in either case.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Humans have been traveling through not only our solar system but to ones many many many light years away.

Heard of Project Serpo?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There. Changed the title.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What's the matter, "cave" wasn't obtuse enough for you?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
the correct source of report is from

www.siliconindia.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Maybe the nazi's made the moon cave.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

What's even more amazing are the Japanese are doing this on a budge of about 5.00 per Japanese citizen.

It just goes to show we have the money to do a lot more than we are doing. I is either deliberate sabotage, total ineptitude or bureaucracy standing in our way of doing so much more...

Clearly. If our governments had cared enough we'd have off planet colonies by now.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Someone beat you to it. I had hoped you had actually pulled up the info on the Japanese find... pity

Now go find the Japanese source so your thread is accurate

Giant Underground Chamber Discovered On the Moon
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-3-2011 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by laterallateral

If it's a Lava tube, it's not a cave and "Underground Chamber" would be correct
It's funny to see some skeptics say "definitely a lava tube" and others that say "it's not even proven it IS a cavern yet"

:shk:

Nazi Moon base sounds about as good as any
maybe the find is viral marketing for Iron Sky

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this was recent or from the mission they had to the moon a few years ago?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDetective

Chandrayaan-1
12 November 2008
Achieved: 312 days

More than enough time to edit out anything suspicious

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I posted what I posted, which is clear enough for anyone with half a brain to understand. Don't like it, # off.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

I posted what I posted, which is clear enough for anyone with half a brain to understand. Don't like it, # off.

Nice, you posted a story already posted 1 day ago without any proper links and then slag off people for having half a brain..

Er yes......

top topics

join